Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this companies email? Unable to log in to support to request a refund.

13»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No point debating with the unethical or immoral, they lack the ability to comprehend your position. But then again, the are up against AV, who are definitely masters of the game. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Darkfail

Not sure why this company wouldn't allow a pre-order to be cancelled and money returned, especially before launch.

Very disreputable.

Well by pre-ordering you receive access to the digital file.  Therefore, you got a portion of the product already.  It is not the same as pre-ordering a game and receiving absolutely nothing for it. 

As far as I can tell this guy downloaded the game, and is now making an emulator... he seems like the scamming type.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    Originally posted by Laross
    I don't blame anyone for wanting a refund.  When I bought this game I was expecting a release not a fucked up Beta, I didn't pay to play a beta.  Even worse going into beta you'd expect a much better one considering it was supposed to be released to begin with.  But instead we get a beta that proves that they were no where ready and are only buying more time.  This is starting to smell like a WarZ debacle.   But in any case I bought it and will stick with it and see how this turns out at release.  

Umm, well you clearly did not read the post for the pre-orders then.  Not to mention if you have been in beta you have seen many improvements.  Not to mention they clearly stated that they pretty much through together a client for the beta.

Here it is so you can read it... the post that was there before you placed your order, stating the game will not be out until... next year.

First, the post stating the game is not releasing on 12/12/12:

Dear Friends,

We have come to a decision, not without much internal debate, that instead of commercial release this Wednesday as planned we are going to launch the game for playtesting first. We also believe that we owe the community a thorough explanation for this last minute decisions, so the reasons behind it are the following:

• While we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners, we have always felt that the game should be tested by the players and last checks corroborate this. Time however was not on our side.
    • Secondarily, some of the reasons which caused us to slip from our original launch date last month are not yet fully resolved to our satisfaction and a bit more time is needed. For the record, what’s left shouldn’t take more than a few days longer.
    • Being Greenlit on Steam so quickly was beyond our expectations, this success was 100% community driven and it showed us how important to the community this is. After evaluating the procedure needed for proper Steam integration, we realized that if we launch on schedule it would be impossible for us to launch with Steam.
    Despite considering this a setback, we actually also consider it a perfect opportunity to get the community involved directly in the fine tuning of the game features before launching on Steam. We have been working with the dream of making Darkfall Unholy Wars the best competitive experience ever and lack of community feedback would have been a missed opportunity. We also believe that a Steam launch can help the game get the critical mass it needs to be as fun as it can possibly be, and we feel it’s important to have the game tested more thoroughly before this happens.

So now what?
    • We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready. We have a firm ETA for Monday,December 17th. By beta version we mean the game will be running in debug mode so that we can quickly get valuable feedback from playtesting and we can identify and address issues as quickly as possible.
    • Pre-orders get beta access; we’re making pre-orders available on Friday so you can download the game over the weekend.
    • Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start. Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed.
    • We can focus on playing and working with you to identify any bugs and imbalances and will continue working closely with our players to improve the game so that by the time the game launches it will be as perfect as possible. There will be developer – player interaction on issues that come up, and we want to keep developing a user-centric culture throughout the lifecycle of Darkfall Unholy Wars.
    • We will also be working round the clock on getting the game ready for a Steam launch with all the Steam features we want integrated.
    • The Darkfall Unholy Wars launch should happen as soon as we’re cleared to do a Steam launch, we assume that the game will be properly tested by then as well. Our estimate is January after the holidays. We will announce a specific launch date as soon as possible. We need to estimate the exact time it takes to integrate all the Steam features, and to assess what feedback we get from our playtesters.

We feel there are compelling arguments for us to take a little extra time and to involve the community. The very amusing community insider joke “we’ll do it live” is not how we prefer to do things, but in the past we had been forced to by our circumstances or by external factors.

We regret the last minute announcement, we had to agree on this with several parties and get approval from all our departments so we’ve been agonizing over this since last week. We do appreciate your understanding on this, it was not an easy or a pleasant decision for us to make, especially at the last minute, and we feel badly that we’re not true to our word even though everyone at Aventurine has been working extremely hard for tomorrow’s planned release date. However, we also feel that this is the best possible option for the game, for the players, and we promise to make the best of it involving you as much as possible in making Darkfall Unholy Wars reach the potential it deserves.

More information on the playtesting process and on the pre-orders, will become available in separate announcements starting tomorrow. We’ll also be happy to address your concerns and provide answers to your questions.

Thank you for reading.

Now the post stating PRE-ORDER

Dear forumfallers,

We are happy to announce that the pre-order system is now active. Please, visit our new website

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

and take the necessary steps to pre-order the game. The procedure is fairly simple. All you have to do is provide the appropriate information. The only thing that needs to be stressed concerns our veteran players: please, be sure to tick the appropriate box when the system asks you to connect your old Darkfall Online account to your new Darkfall Unholy Wars account.

If you experience any problems, please post at this thread. We will be happy to assist you in any possible way.

See you in beta!

[UPDATE]
    To all our veteran players: You need to create a new account and then link your Darkfall Online account to your new Darkfall Unholy Wars account.

[UPDATE]
    Those who end up in our old website, please press Ctrl+F5. You see the old site because your browser has cached the old page.

[UPDATE]
    PaySafe is not available today. We will let you know when it's implemented. Please refrain from trying to buy an account until we let you know if you're using PaySafe.

[UPDATE]
    It is absolutely NECESSARY to save your serial key somewhere safe. Make a screenshot and print it, write it down, then wright it down again. You will NOT receive this serial in your email for security reasons, neither will it be shown in your Account Management page. You WILL NEED it for all your interaction with Customer Support.

Sorry I don't think I made myself clear and may have phrased it wrong.  I was under the impression we are testing a version of the game that was "released" ready.   Since it was near ready for release it would not have core game breaking bugs.  To quote AV  "  Despite considering this a setback, we actually also consider it a perfect opportunity to get the community involved directly in the fine tuning of the game features before launching on Steam".

If you have worked in the industry the word FINE TUNING means minor bugs, minor balancing, not core game breaking bugs that were obviously not tested.  Why do I say obviously not tested ?  again another quote from AV  "While we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners, we have always felt that the game should be tested by the players and last checks corroborate this. Time however was not on our side".

Yes they did have to quickly put together a debug build for testing but in every game company I have worked with and evey programmer I have worked with Debug options and addons do not wreck core gameplay.  Core gameplay functions are locked down and are not touched once  they are working properly and ready for release.  The bug I refer to is the loot loss which is game breaking and is still not resolved.  

And it took all of one day to be fully playable.  Minus the crashing due to debug platform.  And one bug.  So, seems reasonable... maybe like they just had to update a few things for the new platform.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    You can get a refund, do not listen to anyone saying you cannot. Contact your bank and say they did not gie you the product as advertised. They won't question you at all and will refund your purchase. <3

They however did give the product as described, therefore doing that is...

F

R

A

U

D

As if anyone will pursue you for fraud over a video game purchase. Did they state the game crashed all the time? Did they say it was in debug mode. All you need is 1 thing and its NOT fraud. Fact.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

You can get a refund, do not listen to anyone saying you cannot. Contact your bank and say they did not gie you the product as advertised. They won't question you at all and will refund your purchase. <3

They however did give the product as described, therefore doing that is...

F

R

A

U

D

As if anyone will pursue you for fraud over a video game purchase. Did they state the game crashed all the time? Did they say it was in debug mode. All you need is 1 thing and its NOT fraud. Fact.

Umm, yes they did state the added bonus to pre-ordering was in debug mode.  The product has not crashed once.  The product is not out yet.

What's next, the character name you wanted to reserve was already taken, so you deserve a refund?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    wow is all i can say if this is the community for darkfall now im glad and sure i do not even want to touch it. OP if you feel the game isnt whats being promised you are entitled to a refund regardless of what these people are saying. Games should be no different than any other company out there period , if the product stinks you can get a refund. Like Ive said in previous threads people on this site and this site only seem to have this mentality that a game company is better than a mcdonalds or a target etc they are no different and should not be treated any different.  If a product doesnt live up to what is promised , every company out there will offer you a refund unless they are shady period. Guild Wars 2 was even offering refunds months after the game went live because they broke a few promises to players. If a company cant offer a refund they are desperate period and have ethic issues.
    Originally posted by cronius77
    wow is all i can say if this is the community for darkfall now im glad and sure i do not even want to touch it. OP if you feel the game isnt whats being promised you are entitled to a refund regardless of what these people are saying. Games should be no different than any other company out there period , if the product stinks you can get a refund. Like Ive said in previous threads people on this site and this site only seem to have this mentality that a game company is better than a mcdonalds or a target etc they are no different and should not be treated any different.  If a product doesnt live up to what is promised , every company out there will offer you a refund unless they are shady period. Guild Wars 2 was even offering refunds months after the game went live because they broke a few promises to players. If a company cant offer a refund they are desperate period and have ethic issues.

Umm, quick question.  What games let you get a refund if they stink?

Even Wal-Mart will not take back a game that has been opened and they take back tvs bought 25 years ago if you have a receipt... or not.

Just to go with your example, you sound like the person that goes in orders a meal eats the whole thing, then decides you don't like it... you don't just realize after the first bite of... that was gross, let me try another to verify,oh yeah gross.... you eat the whole thing that cry you want your money back.

Only people with ethic issues are those who believe stealing is ethical.. by that I mean those who knowingly purchased the product as NO REFUNDS, and now decide they do not want it any more and do a chargeback.

I don't know about you, but if I want to do a chargeback with my bank it is because I did not make the purchase, and somebody else did without my permission.    Or because I did not receive anything for my purchase. Not because I do not like the product now that I purchased it.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Even Wal-Mart will not take back a game that has been opened and they take back tvs bought 25 years ago if you have a receipt... or not.

For reals?!?!?!? Cause that's exactly what they were talking about lol.

Product isn't good. You get a refund. Fact. Contact your bank :D So easy.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

you probably can not get in contact with AV because they are not there to take any emails. there was a post saying they are taking a few days break for christmas.  after that im sure they will respond to a post and you will be able to get in contact them to sort out your refund.

If this does not help or already has been said and makes you angry i apologise,  i cbf reading through a bunch of pages of replies. 

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by deathshroud

You can get a refund by getting your bank to reverse charges, if you paid by paypal you can demnad one that way.

not sure why oyu want a refund though i mean they have delivered on what they said which is a beta version of df uw

Because he jumped on the hye train and is now regretting it.

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Originally posted by Onigod

Also am i the only one who finds these things just bad.. ESPECIALLY when the game is in BETA. If i go to a movie theater or rent a movie but i happen to not like the movie do you think i can get a refund?

Just so you know if you walk out of a movie because it is so bad.  You can infact get a refund.  I've only ever done it twice, but it wasn't even an issue.  Why would you think you can't get a refund because the movie is horrible?  It only makes sense that you can.  As far as movie rentals go, i've never complained because the movie was bad, but if the disc is bad and doesn't work properly you can always get a refund or atleast credit for your next movie rentals.  A crappy experience, like a horrible movie you walked out of or a movie that skips and can not be watched entirely through, deserve a refund.  Come to think of it maybe it wasn't a refund, but a free pass to watch a movie in the future.  That makes sense in both of those venues though, usually it is not a problem with the theatre or the rental store, but the movie.  With a game company, a credit for a future purchase when the company has a total of 0 games currently in playable "live" forms on the market would be silly.

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

Darkfail

Not sure why this company wouldn't allow a pre-order to be cancelled and money returned, especially before launch.

Very disreputable.

They probably went to the War Z school of game design.

If you're so mad then just don't preorder the game. We can have fun without you

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

In civilized countries there is refund time, 2 weeks (unless its underwear or food). Maybe OP is (morally) not right but legaly he can ask for a refund if he cares to.

This is business and should follow business rules. Aventurine is not above the letter of the law.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Why would you want a refund now ? It is beta, there is no rleease date yet and you still have plenty of time to test it after they fixed this annoying item persistance bug. In january they want to disable the debug mode, even another reason to look how it is. And when they state a release date and yo ustill dont like it you should ask them for a refund.
This discussion has been closed.