Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z's trademark suspended

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?83274-Sad-trademark-suspension-direct-proof

I can't be easy being the The War Z devs right now. Not that I feel bad for them.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Comments

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

This game became the biggest fail of 2012  :)))

And i felt bad for the first time when i tried the game and after 5 minutes i felt it's scam... image

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im sorry but i have to say...

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH holy hell these guys dont need to make games they should be making day time soaps.. fk the drama this company has created from 1 title :O could span 30yrs of quality day time soaps .... lololol

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    They should rename it to "PonZ"
  • VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

PonZed? Never heard of him.

Luckily I didn't buy this - I just came across an article detailing the whole saga and it was too entertaining not to have a look at what was being said about the game here.

Good to see that Steam at least is taking action.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Maybe they just "misread" his trademark, this isn't the final trademark just the foundation trademark. The final trademark will be out in a couple of months. 
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Vetarnias

Luckily I didn't buy this - I just came across an article detailing the whole saga and it was too entertaining not to have a look at what was being said about the game here.

try ponzi

Also, don't worry guys it's just a beta.  I'm sure they can iron this bug out before release.  It's probably just your computer.  I didn't have this bug, it's probably on your end.

and so on said fanboys found inside in-development titles everywhere

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    On a side note....I will go watch World War Z lol. Looks ok.
  • MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Zyzra

try ponzi

Also, don't worry guys it's just a beta.  I'm sure they can iron this bug out before release.  It's probably just your computer.  I didn't have this bug, it's probably on your end.

Saved me the time of typing similar.

Wonder how the paid shills of the game who tried to defend this fraudulent developer these past few days will try and spin this.

Although you forgot to add , ran out of keys we sold so many , Steam couldn't handle the load ;)

This might be the one time I ever pull for the Movie Industry's lawyers to destroy the smaller guy.

Because in this case the smaller guy deserves it.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Maybe they just "misread" his trademark, this isn't the final trademark just the foundation trademark. The final trademark will be out in a couple of months. 

Hahahahaha. Sad thing is, I'm sure many people have said this and MEANT it. Isn't it funny that the worse a game, the more arrogant and loudmouthed the fanboys are? I've seen comments supporting The War Z that have made me do double takes due to their sheer absurdity.

It's as if these people WANT to be ripped off.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133
    They said the game has been in development before Day Z. Lol. I knew it was a lie because it looks like DayZ. This company is terrible.
    Originally posted by MMOdad72
    Originally posted by Zyzra

try ponzi

Saved me the time of typing similar.

Wonder how the paid shills of the game who tried to defend this fraudulent developer these past few days will try and spin this.

Although you forgot to add , ran out of keys we sold so many , Steam couldn't handle the load ;)

This might be the one time I ever pull for the Movie Industry's lawyers to destroy the smaller guy.

Because in this case the smaller guy deserves it.

And boy does he deserve it lol!

Intentionally ripped off Day Z and then tried to lie about it - 

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?212608-ArmA-II-DayZ/page4

In a thread discussing Day Z this is what one of the War Z developers posted lol!

We have the engine 
    We have artists
    We have programers
    We have designers
    We have tech

We've been working on our own zombie for PS3 (Sony's request) for a while.

Would you guys play this if we make it on PC as a huge open world like in Chernarus. With lots of towns, villages, drivable vehicles, clans, trading merchants, resources, etc?

We are thinking about doing this right now. This way you wont have problems with servers, buggy environment and combat system, and all the exploration zombie surviving you want 

How about it?

The Developer in question RomanS

Ripped of World War Z for the name (Though I can concede this is likely a coincidence but... come on with the rest of the crap they did I simply have a hard time believing this was the one unintended rip lol)

They ripped off the menu music from American Horror Story 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPCXPm97GAg&feature=player_embedded

Ripped of the Walking Dead and such for some of their images lol

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/

Ripped off consumers with the false advertising - No link needed 10k floating around lol. 

And man it sadly goes on and on and more is found daily lol. 

If any company deserves it, it is certainly this company. 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    They should rename it Big RigZ.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I wonder if all those that bought the legendary package feel "lenendary" now ;)

Its why you should never pay for a kick starter or early access before game is finalized. People want a game to be the greatest and often overlook a lot of bugs, issues, etc.. And then fight and argue on the forums its the best game ever. Why i never listen to fanbois, they are about worthless. If you cant post the good with the bad, your review sucks.

And then all this other stuff on top of it.......................... god i am so glad i didnt waste money on this, i was about to listening to all the hype.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154
    You can be first with a name, but the Internet is ruled by lawyers. The more lawyers you have, the more likely you are to win anything you want.
  • TularkTulark Member Posts: 15

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/GrayGhost79"; href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/GrayGhost79"; title="View information about GrayGhost79" suhlink"="">GrayGhost79 <- That is the headshot right there.

You clearly see how this is a scam from the get go.

The real reason it got so messy is because LAST month the trademark was suspended, and he had to put out something to cash in on the name he wanted.

I cannot believe people don't see this as a scam, this is why we get shovelware every year!

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by PeZzy
    You can be first with a name, but the Internet is ruled by lawyers. The more lawyers you have, the more likely you are to win anything you want.

They weren't the book was.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

They have a forum thread on this on the official site, over what to call the game.

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?83903-What-name-you-want-for-the-WarZ&p=1298121&posted=1#post1298121

I made a forum account just to throw in my idea,  HaxxorZ.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Lay Z.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

They should counter file because the Trade Mark is total BS.

The War Z, and World War Z sounds nothing similar to me. This is just another company attempting to possible make profit or cause mischief.

Personally I will boycott the movie put out by paramount for this and if I watch it it will be from a free movie site not from renting or going to the movies.

I think by all means they have the right to use this name if they so please, if they wish to simply change it they can but I would personally just go with the name and counter file their trademark however it is done because there is nothing from their movie actually being infringed on with Intellecutual property rights.

You see this is the problem with the United States, CopyRight this CopyRight that loose all your freedoms can't share movies, download or pirate software face prision we might as well have our constitution thrown out the window because this CopyRight or trade mark name thing seriously its infringing on their rights of Pursuit of Happiness it makes them happy to name their game that, and as long as it by all means isn't made after their movie they have no claim in my eyes they should SUE back.

While I do understand why some of these copyright laws are in place some companies are just taking things a bit too far.

Hell they might as well remove Day-Z from steam too and sue them for a similar name/trade mark.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I hope the people that got scammed get their money back.
    This studio needs to be drained from all funds and never be able to create a game.

A studio with this kind of arrogance and scamm needs to die out and doesnt deserve any compasion.
    You get what you deserve.

Originally posted by Renoaku

They should counter file because the Trade Mark is total BS.

The War Z, and World War Z sounds nothing similar to me. This is just another company attempting to possible make profit or cause mischief.

Personally I will boycott the movie put out by paramount for this and if I watch it it will be from a free movie site not from renting or going to the movies.

I think by all means they have the right to use this name if they so please, if they wish to simply change it they can but I would personally just go with the name and counter file their trademark however it is done because there is nothing from their movie actually being infringed on with Intellecutual property rights.

You see this is the problem with the United States, CopyRight this CopyRight that loose all your freedoms can't share movies, download or pirate software face prision we might as well have our constitution thrown out the window because this CopyRight or trade mark name thing seriously its infringing on their rights of Pursuit of Happiness it makes them happy to name their game that, and as long as it by all means isn't made after their movie they have no claim in my eyes they should SUE back.

While I do understand why some of these copyright laws are in place some companies are just taking things a bit too far.

Hell they might as well remove Day-Z from steam too and sue them for a similar name/trade mark.

lol... normally I am down with bashing on the Copyright laws and lawsuits filed by large corporations. They take things way to far usuallty. Sadly they are the way they are due to companies like Hammerpoint. 

Hammerpoint infringed on a great deal of others with this single title. 

Images stolen from the walking dead...

Music stolen from American Horror Story... 

Idea intentionally stolen from Day Z, yes they asked players after Day Z came out that if they made a Day Z for PC would people play it lol... 

Name stolen from World War Z and Day Z... 

Terms of Use stolen from League of Legends a straight copy and paste job lol... 

They apparently even used assets they were using for a PS3 zombie game that Sony apparantly requested them to make, this is what they claim at least... 

These copyright laws are in place because of companies like this. They did little to no actual work and piggy back off of the ideas and success of others and then tried to cash in. 

Defending this company is the most asinine thing one can do, there is no defense, they didn't even stop with stealing from 1 person or company. They stole from several companies. There is so much theft going on here that even if you can rationalize in your own mind that it wasn't that bad, theres to many other things starring you in the face that you have no choice but to accpet that what they did was not right and they deserve the fallout.