Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The fact that this forum is "hating this game" is a good sign

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Geschaefer

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

QFT

+1

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Hate towards an MMO saying its going to be garbage and everyone that even thinks for a milisecond to give it a chance is the reason games suck is the norm though. I mean, EVERY mmo has those topics that "WoW Clone" and this game is a failure topics. It's just the standard fare of forums. Not even just these forums too. Seen em on Tentonhammer, Gamefaqs, it's just the standard topic in every MMO. Just like when it first launches these topics comprise of 2/3rds of the first two pages on the games boards and fill the other 1/3rd with no your stupid this game sucks.

I mean, there isn't ANY info out on EverQuest Next and its already being called a WoW Clone, Failure, etc before there is so much as a screenshot of the game. People are just extremely  pessimistic, and to be fair there have been some pretty lack luster titles over the years. 

Finally theres alway the Sandbox trolls(not to be confused with those that just prefer Sandbox mmos) that spam any non sandbox mmo with it sucks.

Will this game be good? Dunno, it could be like DAoC, considering you probably will have a different environment/quests/story for at least 3 characters across the 3 factions. If it's RvR is like DAoC, it could be pretty interesting. It could also end up being all the "pros" play say....Ebonwhatever and scrubs play Daggerwhatchamacallit, leaving the Aldmari Dohicky with moderate population, Ebonwhatever with high and Daggerwhatchamcallit low and it does't work out. I'd like to think at worst one will be highly populated and the others moderate but you never know. I am pretty sure I will give the game a chance, but come launch time I might change my mind.

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

Some day there will be a mmorpg released that will bring sandbox and theme park fans together.

This is not that game.

This game will die in 3 months. Eventually what will happen is two things.

1.The mmorpg industry will die , companies will give up investing money into mmorpgs that lose money.

(OR)

2.Companies will wake up and realize that the current trend of holding players hands and leading them down a hallway is not the way to build a mmorpg and make millions of dollars.

Its as simple as that.

We need to go throught the pain of SWTOR , ESO , Final Fantasy and future theme parks ect ect till these devs finally see the light.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Pessimist, much?

The game isn't even in Beta yet but you've already predicted its doom within 3 months.

Perhaps you should play the stock market since you are so sure of your prognosticating abilities.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Pessimist, much?

The game isn't even in Beta yet but you've already predicted its doom within 3 months.

Perhaps you should play the stock market since you are so sure of your prognosticating abilities.

well its very easy to do that if you look at our current new releases.

I myself have stopped playing GW2, Yes WvW is fun. but its i geus not what im looking for. Im looking for that player interaction wich the company's are going away from further and further. yes you make a great game in an mmo setting. but without it being an actual MMO.... People will return to WoW you know why? they do it better have the largest pack of features no new released game can get even close too.

So thats why every new themepark fails. They look too much like WoW and WoW is doing things better.

I have to say i havnt been readin up on ESO at all. I love the franchise tho.. played alot of oblivion and skyrim myself. But i don't really see this working in an MMO im on the fence and i willl stay there for a Long time, most likely till close to release where i can decide if this will be another failed themepark or something diffrent.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    This forum hates all games. It is not really a predicter of anything because it is a constant.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    This forum hates all games. It is not really a predicter of anything because it is a constant.

Yeah it does hate every MMO but some MMO gets way too much hate. And i always tend to enjoy those MMOS the most ;)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Well the most hated MMO on this site is probably WoW, and I still play and I like playing it.  Rift came out and everyone said it was horrible and just a clone of WoW (which it isn't)  and I still play it and I like playing it.  So I guess I could see the logic.  Everyone loved SWTOR,  I did too, but when it launched everyone said it was horrible, and I disagree, but I don't play it anymore.
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Just have this feeling that this game will be delayed to 2014....dunno just a hunch. 

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• SidraketSidraket Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Well the most hated MMO on this site is probably WoW, and I still play and I like playing it.  Rift came out and everyone said it was horrible and just a clone of WoW (which it isn't)  and I still play it and I like playing it.  So I guess I could see the logic.  Everyone loved SWTOR,  I did too, but when it launched everyone said it was horrible, and I disagree, but I don't play it anymore.

A WoW clone is an EQ clone with soloing to the level cap via filler quest grinding and instanced pve/pvp.

An EQ clone is a 3d mmo with a gear based endgame progression and a group structure based around agro and agro management.

Rift is a game where you solo to the level cap by doing quests and then raid for gear in instances while grouping with agro based dynamic.

It is a WoW clone.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Every game that comes out; has generally an outstanding and super hyped anticipation from the patrons of these forums.

Each and every time; ive been sucked in by everyone elses flag waving cheerleaders; and every time; these games end up garbage.

My new indicator of a possibly great upcoming game; is if "you" the collective community hate on it.. ill probably end up liking it. 

Its the same people hating on it that have hated on every themepark released in the past year.

Apparently its too hard to just ignore games that don't suit your own playstyle.

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by coretex666

If you like themeparks, there is a good chance you will like this game.

If you are looking for depth, sandbox elements, and some sort of "meaning", I would say you will be disappointed.

I also do not think that whether this community likes or dislikes a game is a suitable indicator of whether you will like some game or not.

Just my opinion, not saying this is inevitably correct.

[mod edit]

It's a matter of taste.

Themeparks can have depth and meaning, much more than sandboxes imo.

Sandboxes to me have aimlessness and get boring fast, which is probably why no one plays them compared to themepark games.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Many here also criticized SW:TOR

That game was awesome..../sarcasm

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by dinams

Many here also criticized SW:TOR

That game was awesome..../sarcasm

This forum was over the top and fanatical in supporting SWTOR prior to launch.

• MrEpicMrEpic Member Posts: 4
    i wish the people that bashed every game and called them themepark games would make one... and see how many "new" ideas they can come up with... shut up or put up i guess

~Mr.EpiC~
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Originally posted by MrEpic
    i wish the people that bashed every game and called them themepark games would make one... and see how many "new" ideas they can come up with... shut up or put up i guess

Um ok, buy me a gaming studio and I'll do that...

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

I want in.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Seems like business as usual here.One segment of the community gets it's hate on for the game another get's it's hype on.No indicator one way or another just same old same old.

This. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

Does he have to hire the staff for you as well? 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• PixiecakesPixiecakes Member Posts: 1
    i hope it's good as this is an opportunity for me to mix my love of mmo's with my sons love of skyrim. we've been looking for something we can both be excited about for a while
  • FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

Playing most of the Elder Scrolls games, I have always wished I could play with a buddy. I'm 47 and started with Arena. ( Worst box art ever) Now I can, or will. I dont care about the lore. I dont care about making a difference in the world. I dont care about the politics. I have always wanted to run mines, dungeons, and overall the game itself with a friend.

And now I can.

And I think a lot of people feel the same way.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Fishmitts

Playing most of the Elder Scrolls games, I have always wished I could play with a buddy. I'm 47 and started with Arena. ( Worst box art ever) Now I can, or will. I dont care about the lore. I dont care about making a difference in the world. I dont care about the politics. I have always wanted to run mines, dungeons, and overall the game itself with a friend.

And now I can.

I'm with you, I only hope it's the same game that we remember.  I'm disappointed at some of their design choices - I'm worried they are taking it too far away from the game we know and love - but I am hopeful that they do TES justice.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Fishmitts

And now I can.

Then go play the plethora of cancerclones already available with your buddy. There will be 0 difference regardless of what the title on the box says.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Malacth
    Originally posted by coretex666

If you like themeparks, there is a good chance you will like this game.

If you are looking for depth, sandbox elements, and some sort of "meaning", I would say you will be disappointed.

I also do not think that whether this community likes or dislikes a game is a suitable indicator of whether you will like some game or not.

Just my opinion, not saying this is inevitably correct.

[mod edit]

It's a matter of taste.

Themeparks can have depth and meaning, much more than sandboxes imo.

Sandboxes to me have aimlessness and get boring fast, which is probably why no one plays them compared to themepark games.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

Exactly.  Sandbox's are a niche because it has no structure and no meaning.  Now give me some elements of a good sandbox like Open World exploration, freedom to go where I choose, classless skill based system and grandiose housing systems but place it into the context of a good Themepark and you got a winner.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!