Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

145791013

Comments

  • tort0429tort0429 New York City, NYPosts: 300Member

    Are we talking about this game???  And we are comparing it to GW2??  OMG!!!  I'm done.

     

     

     

  • xmentyxmenty SingaporePosts: 679Member

    Gratz to Pirate 101 and lol at GW2, TSW and DF,UW.

    I am off to recce the steam sales :P.

    Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

  • JonokuJonoku Cool, PAPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    So much talk about game of the year and pirate 101, lets talk about how the hell did TESO win most anticipated game of the year, I havent showed a smile one bit for it.

    I am guessing that the people who voted for TESO most likely are the people who actually took the time to read more about the game, often from original source. Obviously when just reading what forum posters have to say about the game does make people think TESO will be a bad game. Thruth is both sides don't know untill they actually are able to play the game though I can defenitly understand it got the vote pure what we already know. I havn't seen a good constructive topic "bashing" TESO with proper info as most of the "bash" topic are just ramblings with no true info in it. The most populair comments are often " it's just like WOW" which continue's to just tell "Hey I have a very limited playstyle and the only way I am able to play is how I have played WOW"

    As for the results: Yes I am suprised, but congrats to the winners never the less.

    One thing I find funny is that this site has covered Pirates101 allot, yet now suddenly people want to play it because it has won? Perhaps it has great/good feature's, but it aint my visual style of game.

    Its hard to expect non-themeparks anymore, its much easier to jump to conclusions without seeing trolls and haters posting as it has nothing to do with it, seeing awesome story driven mmo is enough to lose faith and assume. I would think Darkfall would win as they advertise it as, most hardcore pvp game ever blah blah blah or Everquest Next because Smedly keeps hyping it as sandbox which doesnt mean I'd preorder either game because not a soul to trust anymore.

    Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

  • ShubawkssShubawkss Canton, GAPosts: 55Member
    A game with a sack of shit developers and horrible gameplay - YEAH!!!
  • IsawaIsawa Middle 0 Nowhere, ORPosts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Originally posted by PiggleWraith

    -Sigh- People like you infuriate me, you think you are right about everything and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you have the right to make fun of them.  Have you two even tried Pirate101? Don't judge a book by it's cover.

    Oh, and btw Ardu, the Quetzal in Wizard101 is based off the Mayan/Aztec God Quetzalcoatl, who is most commonly depiced as a feathered snake, just like the Quetzal in Wizard101. Although in your numerous threads and posts on countless websites(Wizard101 Cental, the Official Wizard101 Message Board Forums, here...) about this matter, whenever anyone tries to get that through your thick skull on any of the sites, you seem to ignore them. Get a life. Stop spamming sites about how Kingsisle disrespects other cultures, and refusing to see other peoples point of view. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I am starting to think you are just a troll and don't even really believe this at all.

    The actual Quetzals are birds species, I don't see an Owl or Hawk being describe as a freaking snake. 

    KingsIsle and their community are very ignorant about the actual Quetzals, and they keep using the same excuse about referring to the Aztec god.

    Get educated and don't be so ignorant.

    This is ridiculous, here I go!

    Raptor. Bird of Prey. Owl and Hawks are birds of prey. Quetzalcoatl means feathered serpent, a flying reptile, a dragon. Quetzals are colorful birds. So Quetzalcoatl could be descibed "colorful" feathered serpent . There is a relation to Raptors, reptiles, snakes.

    They should have used coatl (to be accurate) instead of quetzal, but why on earth is somebody so adamant about this?

  • MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Originally posted by PiggleWraith

    -Sigh- People like you infuriate me, you think you are right about everything and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you have the right to make fun of them.  Have you two even tried Pirate101? Don't judge a book by it's cover.

    Oh, and btw Ardu, the Quetzal in Wizard101 is based off the Mayan/Aztec God Quetzalcoatl, who is most commonly depiced as a feathered snake, just like the Quetzal in Wizard101. Although in your numerous threads and posts on countless websites(Wizard101 Cental, the Official Wizard101 Message Board Forums, here...) about this matter, whenever anyone tries to get that through your thick skull on any of the sites, you seem to ignore them. Get a life. Stop spamming sites about how Kingsisle disrespects other cultures, and refusing to see other peoples point of view. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I am starting to think you are just a troll and don't even really believe this at all.

    The actual Quetzals are birds species, I don't see an Owl or Hawk being describe as a freaking snake. 

    KingsIsle and their community are very ignorant about the actual Quetzals, and they keep using the same excuse about referring to the Aztec god.

    Get educated and don't be so ignorant.

    This is ridiculous, here I go!

    Raptor. Bird of Prey. Owl and Hawks are birds of prey. Quetzalcoatl means feathered serpent, a flying reptile, a dragon. Quetzals are colorful birds. So Quetzalcoatl could be descibed "colorful" feathered serpent . There is a relation to Raptors, reptiles, snakes.

    They should have used coatl (to be accurate) instead of quetzal, but why on earth is somebody so adamant about this?

    image

  • moondragomoondrago saint john, NBPosts: 47Member

    this goes to show you who the dev listen to  ..the little kidd with there  mummys money and  theme park /tread mill shit games

    all the game i was hoping to play tsw , swtor , planet side .. ect ect .. there is no point in playing its  .. there all theme park to szuess the all mighty buck from the  kids .. you want a real game  with teeth  ... eve online is the only thing around ..that is worth playing

    its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

  • OFxLedzeplinOFxLedzeplin Costa Mesa, CAPosts: 7Member

    Its hilarious to read many of these comments.  Especially those from the close minded individuals that think their tastes in gaming is the norm.  My message to them.. get over it, your tunnel vision is doing you a serious disservice. I quit playing those other MMOs to play Wizard101 and Pirate101.  I got tired of the mentality of those communities, and those games.  I left the MMOs geared for smaller target audiences, for one that targets family.  Appears to me that MMOs targeting smaller audiences are going to have problems beating games in these "popularity" votes (come on, you know its that) with such a broad appeal (such as Pirate101).

    And frankly, I dont care if they call a pretzel a quetzal, its a fantasy story MMO, not an encycopedia.  Nowhere do they claim to be "educational".  Learn to use your imagination. Thats what fantasy is all about, breaking down the boundaries of reality.

     

  • SwaneaSwanea Vegas, NVPosts: 2,368Member Uncommon
    The rage is pretty funny. Grats on getting your fan base that must really enjoy the game out to vote King
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Woodstock, GAPosts: 1,379Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Are you bloody kidding me? Pirate101?! I played that and it definitely wasn't anywhere near GotY quality!!! It is not a good game; it's buggy, has dated-looking graphics, has the overall feel of a F2P game when it is B2P or possibly sub, and the turn-based combat has some serious issues at times! Epic fail of a poll!

    If anything, it's an epic success of a poll.  We asked folks to vote, and P101's players came out to represent their game more than anyone else did. They deserve a congrats for having such a passionate fan-base.  

    Or judging by the communtiy discussions, a lot of votes went towards titles to fluff the count so that other titles don't win yet another award....... Not saying people in this jaded community would do somehting like that but is it really that much of a stretch? Grats anyways to the winners and their fanbases.

    RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

  • xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best  mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.

    These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.


    OH REALLY?!*!!

     
  • catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member
    Originally posted by Swanea
    The rage is pretty funny. Grats on getting your fan base that must really enjoy the game out to vote King

    Yeah, congrats to Pirate 101. I will check the game out now. The rage is pretty funny. P101 just did a good job of getting their folks to vote. 

  • ArduArdu Hallandale, FLPosts: 55Member

    Apparently kids are now the experienced gamers? Just get a bunch of kids to vote for a game and the outcome will speak for itself.

    If you’re looking to spend $10 dollars every month on subscriptions and spend $60 dollars on loot packs then KingsIsle's games are right for you.

     
     
  • rawfoxrawfox HamburgPosts: 648Member Uncommon

    Pi Rate won oh won

     

    BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH, that was a good laught

  • birdycephonbirdycephon Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 1,314Member
    Wow, this poll just got trolled big time.
  • KilsinKilsin NSWPosts: 346Member Uncommon

    GW2 most Innovative? Hahaha

    Thanks for the laugh! :)

    Community & Web Manager | Visionary Realms, Inc.
    Visit our Development Website.

  • RimmersmanRimmersman MonacoPosts: 885Member
    Originally posted by Shubawkss
    A game with a sack of shit developers and horrible gameplay - YEAH!!!

    GW2 came second.

    image
  • BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    What's the official definition of "hybrid MMO"? And how does it differ (if indeed it does differ) from "non-massively-multiplayer online game" ?
  • BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

    As William said, "Every game did indeed ask their players to go vote for them however, which is always encouraged."

     

    Now, the GW2 forum community is half and half players that like the game, and bitter ragers who are there to pour hate on ArenaNet. If ANet put an announcement on their forums about this award, I suspect it would encourage as many people to go and vote against GW2 as for it.

     

    Pirate 101, on the other hand, it sounds like their community actually genuinely love the game. So when Kingisle posts an announcement about this award, it encourages people to come and vote for P101.

     

    That's why it won, I'll wager.

     

     
  • xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ardu

    Apparently kids are now the experienced gamers? Just get a bunch of kids to vote for a game and the outcome will speak for itself.

     

    KingsIsle has a bunch of fan sites towards thier games and probably they also maintain them. One thing I hate about their fan sites is no one is allowed to say anything bad about their games. 

     

    If you’re looking to spend $10 dollars every month on subscriptions and spend $60 dollars on loot packs then KingsIsle's games are right for you.

     
     
     

    Please do not  be misinformative Ardu. First. 10 dollars a month is cheap for a subscription. Also, if you have more than one subscription you only pay 4.99-6.99 per account. Which is a bargain for a parent with older kids! Second, have no idea what you mean by a loot pack. End game gear is by far much better than anything you will find at the crown shop.

     
     
  • saurus123saurus123 nonePosts: 570Member Uncommon
    lets say it this forum have soo many haters they would do anything soo the game they hate lose :)
  • JetrpgJetrpg Whitehouse, OHPosts: 2,376Member

    MMorpg you have out done yourself in with a popular vote Cheer . Including some optiosn that shouldn't even be there cheer.

    Pirate 101 most inovative otions (you mean wizards 101 with fftactics style combat, oh and ships). obviouslly this was a pure popularity contest and says nothign about these games...

    I think i even voted for lol as best hybrid mmo , evenm though its nothing of the sort and isn't even on this site , as its not an mmo.

    But hey w/e the people have spoke (which is meaningless).

    "Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Somewhere, NCPosts: 1,582Member Uncommon

    I haven't had a chance to try out Pirate101 myself yet, but given how much I enjoy Wizard101 I expect it to be a very fun experience. Congratulations to KingsIsle for GotY!

     

    Congratulations to all the winners, though I must say I'm a surprised by the bitterness of some of the posts here.

    <3

  • SilverbranchSilverbranch Warren, MIPosts: 192Member

    People, it was a PLAYER'S CHOICE poll.

     

    Not an objective eval of a game, it's feature set, performance, etc.  As such it's as Bill stated:  Pirate 101 fans came out to support their game in the player's choice poll.

     

    If you wanted the results to be different, you should have voted.

     

    Your consolation is:  Everyone else loving their game of choice was too busy in-game loving the gaming to be aware of the poll, while Pirate 101 players were out of game trolling forums.

     

    If you need to look at it that way.

     
     

    Wherever you go, there you are.

  • RedJorgeRedJorge LisbonPosts: 106Member
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

    I haven't had a chance to try out Pirate101 myself yet, but given how much I enjoy Wizard101 I expect it to be a very fun experience. Congratulations to KingsIsle for GotY!

     

    Congratulations to all the winners, though I must say I'm a surprised by the bitterness of some of the posts here.

    Please forgive us, the GW2 community, we are really disappointed by not getting the GOTY. Our world has been shattered...nothing will ever be the same again...snif, snif.

    We invested a lot of money at the GW2 gem shop just to be faced with this reality...

    Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

145791013
Sign In or Register to comment.