Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World style

adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I hope I didn't ask this before but what's the world like?  How big is it and are there zones?  

Thanks much!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Comments

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Yes there are zones and as for how it is, its a absolutely beautifully landscaped game with much to offer
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

the game looks like guild wars 1 so...... very drull and bland. but who knows they might fix it. (crosses fingers)

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Some conflicting reports here lol!  From the SS it looked pretty good...

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Cool, thanks for the info. I will have to download it and give it a try.

George Washington

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by adderVXI

I hope I didn't ask this before but what's the world like?  How big is it and are there zones?  

Thanks much!

I'm curious as to how you'd be unsure whether you've asked a question before or not. 

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    For me AoW has one of the most impressive and beautiful world designs in MMORPG genre. I made much more screenshots here then Ive made in GW2, AoC or TSW. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

looks just like the other 100 asian games I have played

feels just like them too, with the thousand popups, the timers to claim items for being on line, the click a guys name and the quest does things for you etc

@ tollbooth - I'm always asking about various games and wasn't sure if I did already. I guess I have a post history...

George Washington

• shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166
    It's amazing and realistic looking. I'm not a fan of zones, dont know why its so hard to make a seamless world. Age of wushu does have zones.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Game world is huge, but 95% empty. You will spend about 75% of your gameplay running from A to B in what is the longest quest turn ins in the history of gaming.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by shawn01
    It's amazing and realistic looking. I'm not a fan of zones, dont know why its so hard to make a seamless world. Age of wushu does have zones.

Yeah if your going to have zones, this is the right way though literally 1 sec switch after riding in.

@Heroevermore, Why you GW2 guys so hateful when it comes to other games? 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    The level design, model designs and overall polish when it comes to stuff like animations and effects are really good. It's a very atmospheric game with many details adding up to an immersive experience (flowers bending as you run through the fields, npcs reacting as you bunb in to them, etc).

The only thing I dislike so far is the zones.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

it has auto pathing, a nice feature for longer runs

and you ve got a horse. the game isnt fast paced

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Allacore69

the game looks like guild wars 1 so...... very drull and bland. but who knows they might fix it. (crosses fingers)

There's some graphics update to the characters that's supposed to be incomming in China. From what I got it's most for character model clothes. It's supposed to add some realistic fluidness to the movement. It looked pretty decent and can definately tell the diference between what we have now.

As far as the world, it is very vibrant, no high end textures. This is an older game, but it's definately not dated. They have alot of cool mechanics in the game that pretty much allow you to do whatever you want. I can't help but compare to EVE Online in many ways and the graphics in that game aren't anything to write home about either.

or for  the older heads a kin to Ultima Online..

I'd suggest giving it a spin and see how ya feel. The game has a very unique appeal to it, something in the realms of TSW as far as how authentic it feels, but done a good bit better with alot more in depth mechanics for players to mess with. It's very very PVP centric so know this now. Player run economy, player run politics in some areas, with expansions to these areas to come..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Well thanks everyone for all the info! I will definitely give this a try!

George Washington