Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this companies email? Unable to log in to support to request a refund.

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Originally posted by deathshroud

You can get a refund by getting your bank to reverse charges, if you paid by paypal you can demnad one that way.

not sure why oyu want a refund though i mean they have delivered on what they said which is a beta version of df uw

They will then never accept a payment from you again.

That is not true.  There are plenty of valid reasons to reverse a transaction, none of which result in the company benefiting from blacklisting that person down the road.

Companies are different than people, and it's truly rare for them to ever not be willing to take money from someone regardless of the past (at least in the post-check era of today).

You make me like charity

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by asmkm22

You can get a refund by getting your bank to reverse charges, if you paid by paypal you can demnad one that way.

not sure why oyu want a refund though i mean they have delivered on what they said which is a beta version of df uw

That is not true.  There are plenty of valid reasons to reverse a transaction, none of which result in the company benefiting from blacklisting that person down the road.

Companies are different than people, and it's truly rare for them to ever not be willing to take money from someone regardless of the past (at least in the post-check era of today).

Sorry, I'm reading though their site now because I'm curious and found this.

If you have made a charge-back with your credit card company or initiated a Paypal dispute (on purpose or by mistake) for any product or service you have received from Aventurine, your account will be permanently banned and will remain so until the charge-back or dispute has been cancelled.  Aventurine considers credit card charge-backs and Paypal disputes to be fraud, if you have made no reasonable effort to work with us to resolve any problems with your purchase.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

when mortal online released its beta, the company had a no refunds policy but many people managed to get a refund by contacting their bank directly. Obviously they were black listed from buying the prodcut again but some banks started blocking payments to the company on the grounds of thinking the company was false/ a con due to the few people who had contacted their bank over the issue.

Again, there are no blacklists for when this sort of thing happens, at least not on the company side of things.  I have seen some CC companies prevent you from repurchasing something you previously had reversed, but even that is usually only a 30 day deal, and still designed to protect you in the event of something like identity theft.

Blacklisting people from buying your products is actually not a trivial thing to do, and not many companies are set up for it anyway.  Besides, it's in their best interest to just deal with the chargeback and accept your money again down the road.

Lastly, most companies will actually give you a refund if you press them hard enough (call and work your way up the chain).  Having a blanket policy is fine for detering random people from requesting refunds on a whim, but most will work with you if you try.  There are also legal reasons why you might be elegible for a refund regardless of their policy, in relation to the TOS and EULA's.  If they aren't presented before the sale, then you have grounds of requesting a refund based on simply not accepting the licenses.  Even if they are presented up front, they are rarely up to date (particularly the EULA since it's normally just the TOS that requires the checkbox at purchase).  Long story short, you can nearly always get a refund on something if you  are willing to spend a little time on the phone, and don't get emotional about it.

You make me like charity

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by RocSek

If you have made a charge-back with your credit card company or initiated a Paypal dispute (on purpose or by mistake) for any product or service you have received from Aventurine, your account will be permanently banned and will remain so until the charge-back or dispute has been cancelled.  Aventurine considers credit card charge-backs and Paypal disputes to be fraud, if you have made no reasonable effort to work with us to resolve any problems with your purchase.

I have to agree- people who do charge backs and paypal disputes without even trying to contact the company should be handled like any other fraud attempt.  I really see this being a bigger issue looked at in the future , and then enforced more hardcore ...as there is ALOT of people using paypal/chargebacks as a way to ensure there refunds if they do not simply like. 

If you (anyone reading this) had a company and worked your ass off on something - and someone did a chargeback or paypal dispute and took the money back because they "didnt like it"  , yet everything you told them about your product was 100% true ... how would u feel?  seems like companies have no way to protect themselfs from these digital theifs (Op, im not saying this towards you ).  Not saying a buyer should have less ways to dispute problems with a purchase, i just dont think its fair for a person to say "i want my money back" and not have to really explain what the problem is ,or prove it.

• KheldenKhelden Member Posts: 20
    If you succeed to get a refund, please let us know. I would also like to get one.

There is a big difference between what they say and what they do.  It's a defensive tactic designed to minimize the chargeback requests in the first place, nothing more.

You make me like charity

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    when mortal online released its beta, the company had a no refunds policy but many people managed to get a refund by contacting their bank directly. Obviously they were black listed from buying the prodcut again but some banks started blocking payments to the company on the grounds of thinking the company was false/ a con due to the few people who had contacted their bank over the issue.

Again, there are no blacklists for when this sort of thing happens, at least not on the company side of things.  I have seen some CC companies prevent you from repurchasing something you previously had reversed, but even that is usually only a 30 day deal, and still designed to protect you in the event of something like identity theft.

Blacklisting people from buying your products is actually not a trivial thing to do, and not many companies are set up for it anyway.  Besides, it's in their best interest to just deal with the chargeback and accept your money again down the road.

Lastly, most companies will actually give you a refund if you press them hard enough (call and work your way up the chain).  Having a blanket policy is fine for detering random people from requesting refunds on a whim, but most will work with you if you try.  There are also legal reasons why you might be elegible for a refund regardless of their policy, in relation to the TOS and EULA's.  If they aren't presented before the sale, then you have grounds of requesting a refund based on simply not accepting the licenses.  Even if they are presented up front, they are rarely up to date (particularly the EULA since it's normally just the TOS that requires the checkbox at purchase).  Long story short, you can nearly always get a refund on something if you  are willing to spend a little time on the phone, and don't get emotional about it.

Im not sure where you are getting your info but this is ef something companies do , they can and will blacklist payment types if someone does a chargeback on them , and will not let you use there product till the chargeback is paid off. I know this for a fact due to working for a few companies who do this . They will tell you that you must payback the chargeback amount before they will allow you to make another purchase with that specific payment method (ill give one expample : Funcom, they 100% do this and enforce it  ---i first hand know this info because my credit card was stolen and someone used it to buy something from them , and because my card was stolen of course i ha to do a chargeback as i did not make this purchase...a year later i tried to play age of conan and purchase some play time and my card was blacklisted with them ..they wanted me to pay them back for the fraud that took place before i could purcahse there products again)

just food for thought

Originally posted by Wizlock23

I have to agree- people who do charge backs and paypal disputes without even trying to contact the company should be handled like any other fraud attempt.  I really see this being a bigger issue looked at in the future , and then enforced more hardcore ...as there is ALOT of people using paypal/chargebacks as a way to ensure there refunds if they do not simply like. 

If you (anyone reading this) had a company and worked your ass off on something - and someone did a chargeback or paypal dispute and took the money back because they "didnt like it"  , yet everything you told them about your product was 100% true ... how would u feel?  seems like companies have no way to protect themselfs from these digital theifs (Op, im not saying this towards you ).  Not saying a buyer should have less ways to dispute problems with a purchase, i just dont think its fair for a person to say "i want my money back" and not have to really explain what the problem is ,or prove it.

The problem is that most companies make it incredibly difficult to get in touch with someone who will even talk to you about a refund.  I have personally received a refund from them (not over this, but over the summer for just a standard DF purchase and sub) because I played the system they created.  If they want to claim chargebacks are fraud, then they need to accept that legetimate avenues for a refund needs to exist as an alternative.  Otherwise, they can suck it up and, at worst, the account they banned over a chargeback just gets remade.

The whole process though is just there to scare people into thinking they have no other option but to accept the loss of money.

You make me like charity

• n00bizn00biz Member Posts: 5
    False, I got a refund with them now pending for 72 hours (including holidays). Sooo many kids on the internet think they know what they're talking about, when they dont =[ GL on your refund!
    Originally posted by Wizlock23

Im not sure where you are getting your info but this is ef something companies do , they can and will blacklist payment types if someone does a chargeback on them , and will not let you use there product till the chargeback is paid off. I know this for a fact due to working for a few companies who do this . They will tell you that you must payback the chargeback amount before they will allow you to make another purchase with that specific payment method (ill give one expample : Funcom, they 100% do this and enforce it  ---i first hand know this info because my credit card was stolen and someone used it to buy something from them , and because my card was stolen of course i ha to do a chargeback as i did not make this purchase...a year later i tried to play age of conan and purchase some play time and my card was blacklisted with them ..they wanted me to pay them back for the fraud that took place before i could purcahse there products again)

just food for thought

Funcom is actually a possible exception because chargebacks hit them harder than other companies due to being considered international.  Banks in the US pretty much don't even ask for a reason if you request a chargeback from a foreign company, plus that company gets on the hook for the exchange rate deal.

Aventurine could also be an exception for chargebacks, although it's moot because you can in fact get a refund through them if you raise enough hell.  The funny thing is, in all situations, you can just create a new account and still use the same CC because the ban is on the account level.

You make me like charity

• KheldenKhelden Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by n00biz
    False, I got a refund with them now pending for 72 hours (including holidays). Sooo many kids on the internet think they know what they're talking about, when they dont =[ GL on your refund!

How did you get your refund ?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Asking for a refund before the game is out of closed beta phase is dumb. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371

If it were any other game people wouldnt care. The amount of importance you folks put on Darkfall seems...unbecoming.

Give the guy a break its Christmas, ya cynical bastards.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    You can get a refund, do not listen to anyone saying you cannot. Contact your bank and say they did not gie you the product as advertised. They won't question you at all and will refund your purchase. <3

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    I don't blame anyone for wanting a refund.  When I bought this game I was expecting a release not a fucked up Beta, I didn't pay to play a beta.  Even worse going into beta you'd expect a much better one considering it was supposed to be released to begin with.  But instead we get a beta that proves that they were no where ready and are only buying more time.  This is starting to smell like a WarZ debacle.   But in any case I bought it and will stick with it and see how this turns out at release.  
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
     the game was apparently up for launch a couple of weeks ago, so who would have thought beta would have been in this disgusting state.

everyone who knows Aventurine.  ;)

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Sounds like a truly disreputable company.

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    They are a bit disreputable. Their fans are EXTREMELY forgiving about it. That kind of loyalty is rare in MMOs anymore.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I know another word for people who have blind faith in dishonest business practitioners.

There's one of those people born every day, and they and their money are soon to be parted.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Umm?

What you paid for was access to play the game when it goes live.  Currently, it is not live, so how can you request a refund.  The All sales are final, pretty much rules that out.

Just because you do not like beta, I am assuming????  Which was just an added bonus to pre-ordering, does not make you worthy of a refund.

Not to mention even in the short beta it is better than WoW and clones by far.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508

Why point him towards an unethical way of getting a refund?

Originally posted by Yizle

Sounds like a truly disreputable company.

Sounds like a company who hired a lawyer. 

Smart choice too.  Look here is an example of somebody who bought access to the game, the game is not even out and now they want a refund... this is why that statement is necessary.

People like this go on ebay, place ridiculously high bids, win and then crealize they do not want the product.  Not realizing their ridiculous actions cost the seller money.

Originally posted by Laross
    I don't blame anyone for wanting a refund.  When I bought this game I was expecting a release not a fucked up Beta, I didn't pay to play a beta.  Even worse going into beta you'd expect a much better one considering it was supposed to be released to begin with.  But instead we get a beta that proves that they were no where ready and are only buying more time.  This is starting to smell like a WarZ debacle.   But in any case I bought it and will stick with it and see how this turns out at release.  

Umm, well you clearly did not read the post for the pre-orders then.  Not to mention if you have been in beta you have seen many improvements.  Not to mention they clearly stated that they pretty much through together a client for the beta.

Here it is so you can read it... the post that was there before you placed your order, stating the game will not be out until... next year.

First, the post stating the game is not releasing on 12/12/12:

Dear Friends,

We have come to a decision, not without much internal debate, that instead of commercial release this Wednesday as planned we are going to launch the game for playtesting first. We also believe that we owe the community a thorough explanation for this last minute decisions, so the reasons behind it are the following:

• While we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners, we have always felt that the game should be tested by the players and last checks corroborate this. Time however was not on our side.
    • Secondarily, some of the reasons which caused us to slip from our original launch date last month are not yet fully resolved to our satisfaction and a bit more time is needed. For the record, what’s left shouldn’t take more than a few days longer.
    • Being Greenlit on Steam so quickly was beyond our expectations, this success was 100% community driven and it showed us how important to the community this is. After evaluating the procedure needed for proper Steam integration, we realized that if we launch on schedule it would be impossible for us to launch with Steam.
    Despite considering this a setback, we actually also consider it a perfect opportunity to get the community involved directly in the fine tuning of the game features before launching on Steam. We have been working with the dream of making Darkfall Unholy Wars the best competitive experience ever and lack of community feedback would have been a missed opportunity. We also believe that a Steam launch can help the game get the critical mass it needs to be as fun as it can possibly be, and we feel it’s important to have the game tested more thoroughly before this happens.

So now what?
    • We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready. We have a firm ETA for Monday,December 17th. By beta version we mean the game will be running in debug mode so that we can quickly get valuable feedback from playtesting and we can identify and address issues as quickly as possible.
    • Pre-orders get beta access; we’re making pre-orders available on Friday so you can download the game over the weekend.
    • Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start. Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed.
    • We can focus on playing and working with you to identify any bugs and imbalances and will continue working closely with our players to improve the game so that by the time the game launches it will be as perfect as possible. There will be developer – player interaction on issues that come up, and we want to keep developing a user-centric culture throughout the lifecycle of Darkfall Unholy Wars.
    • We will also be working round the clock on getting the game ready for a Steam launch with all the Steam features we want integrated.
    • The Darkfall Unholy Wars launch should happen as soon as we’re cleared to do a Steam launch, we assume that the game will be properly tested by then as well. Our estimate is January after the holidays. We will announce a specific launch date as soon as possible. We need to estimate the exact time it takes to integrate all the Steam features, and to assess what feedback we get from our playtesters.

We feel there are compelling arguments for us to take a little extra time and to involve the community. The very amusing community insider joke “we’ll do it live” is not how we prefer to do things, but in the past we had been forced to by our circumstances or by external factors.

We regret the last minute announcement, we had to agree on this with several parties and get approval from all our departments so we’ve been agonizing over this since last week. We do appreciate your understanding on this, it was not an easy or a pleasant decision for us to make, especially at the last minute, and we feel badly that we’re not true to our word even though everyone at Aventurine has been working extremely hard for tomorrow’s planned release date. However, we also feel that this is the best possible option for the game, for the players, and we promise to make the best of it involving you as much as possible in making Darkfall Unholy Wars reach the potential it deserves.

More information on the playtesting process and on the pre-orders, will become available in separate announcements starting tomorrow. We’ll also be happy to address your concerns and provide answers to your questions.

Thank you for reading.

Now the post stating PRE-ORDER

Dear forumfallers,

We are happy to announce that the pre-order system is now active. Please, visit our new website

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

and take the necessary steps to pre-order the game. The procedure is fairly simple. All you have to do is provide the appropriate information. The only thing that needs to be stressed concerns our veteran players: please, be sure to tick the appropriate box when the system asks you to connect your old Darkfall Online account to your new Darkfall Unholy Wars account.

If you experience any problems, please post at this thread. We will be happy to assist you in any possible way.

See you in beta!

[UPDATE]
    To all our veteran players: You need to create a new account and then link your Darkfall Online account to your new Darkfall Unholy Wars account.

[UPDATE]
    Those who end up in our old website, please press Ctrl+F5. You see the old site because your browser has cached the old page.

[UPDATE]
    PaySafe is not available today. We will let you know when it's implemented. Please refrain from trying to buy an account until we let you know if you're using PaySafe.

[UPDATE]
    It is absolutely NECESSARY to save your serial key somewhere safe. Make a screenshot and print it, write it down, then wright it down again. You will NOT receive this serial in your email for security reasons, neither will it be shown in your Account Management page. You WILL NEED it for all your interaction with Customer Support.

Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    You can get a refund, do not listen to anyone saying you cannot. Contact your bank and say they did not gie you the product as advertised. They won't question you at all and will refund your purchase. <3

They however did give the product as described, therefore doing that is...

F

R

A

U

D

Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

Also am i the only one who finds these things just bad.. ESPECIALLY when the game is in BETA. If i go to a movie theater or rent a movie but i happen to not like the movie do you think i can get a refund?

You paid for something not finished and  you knew that when making the purchase.  And also (maybe im understanding this wrong) they cant just give you a refund after you accessed all the beta forums, played the game after accepting a NDA first time you logged in.

Did I ask for your opinion?: No. I asked for the companies email.

Do I care about your opninion?: No

I didn't pay for an unplayable mess, also finding the system req online is next to impossible, so there was no way of telling how it would run on my PC (Not well apparently) and the game was apparently up for launch a couple of weeks ago, so who would have thought beta would have been in this disgusting state.

Lack of simple research on your part does not entitle you to a refund.

Took me 10seconds to go to their website (created before the pre-orders)

Go to the FAQ

and copy and paste this to you.

Q:

What are the system requirements of the game?

A:

The system requirements are the following:

• Windows XP Service Pack 3, 32bit
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 + or
    • AMD Phenom II X2 +
    • 4GB RAM
    • nVidia GeForce 8600 + or
    • AMD or ATI 4850 +
    • DirectX Sound Card
    • 12GB Free Space

This discussion has been closed.