Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this companies email? Unable to log in to support to request a refund.

Could someone be kind enough to provide me with their email adress?

Or does it have to be through some form of petition system?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

All sales are final with this company, in fact, if i can remember correctly, it says this in bold red letters.

Your not getting a refund.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

All sales are final with this company, in fact, if i can remember correctly, it says this in bold red letters.

I remember reading a post made by the OP in a GW2 thread, and now reading your post I'm...                                        ...  appreciating my decisions.

Merry Christmas!!!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by eyelolled

I remember reading a post made by the OP in a GW2 thread, and now reading your post I'm...                                        ...  appreciating my decisions.

Merry Christmas!!!

Yeah stick to the no risk pvp and shallow themeparks.  

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Merry Christmas!!!

Yeah stick to the no risk pvp and shallow themeparks.  

Each to their own, and by all means I am not slamming Darkfall.  In fact, I am advocating my support for their business strategy.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

You can get a refund by getting your bank to reverse charges, if you paid by paypal you can demnad one that way.

not sure why oyu want a refund though i mean they have delivered on what they said which is a beta version of df uw

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    op wants a refund to soon
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    It's 29.95 and you got exactly what you paid for... I do not believe you merit a refund and any form of forcing one through the bank should merit you a black mark stopping any future purchases from them or partner companies using that card. Although it is still beta so if games do offer refunds now would be the time. 
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by deathshroud

You can get a refund by getting your bank to reverse charges, if you paid by paypal you can demnad one that way.

not sure why oyu want a refund though i mean they have delivered on what they said which is a beta version of df uw

They will then never accept a payment from you again.

Also am i the only one who finds these things just bad.. ESPECIALLY when the game is in BETA. If i go to a movie theater or rent a movie but i happen to not like the movie do you think i can get a refund?

You paid for something not finished and  you knew that when making the purchase.  And also (maybe im understanding this wrong) they cant just give you a refund after you accessed all the beta forums, played the game after accepting a NDA first time you logged in.

To many people in the gaming world especially with mmorpgs just purchasing shit to end up getting a refund (already knowing they will refund it before making the purchase)

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by Onigod

Also am i the only one who finds these things just bad.. ESPECIALLY when the game is in BETA. If i go to a movie theater or rent a movie but i happen to not like the movie do you think i can get a refund?

You paid for something not finished and  you knew that when making the purchase.  And also (maybe im understanding this wrong) they cant just give you a refund after you accessed all the beta forums, played the game after accepting a NDA first time you logged in.

Did I ask for your opinion?: No. I asked for the companies email.

Do I care about your opninion?: No

I didn't pay for an unplayable mess, also finding the system req online is next to impossible, so there was no way of telling how it would run on my PC (Not well apparently) and the game was apparently up for launch a couple of weeks ago, so who would have thought beta would have been in this disgusting state.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

To many people in the gaming world especially with mmorpgs just purchasing shit to end up getting a refund (already knowing they will refund it before making the purchase)

It says on the Darkfall homepage and on the site to pay that it is a pre-order.  Not a purchase of a game, but a pre-order.  In my experience with pre-ordering games from places such as Gamestop, Amazon, the Microsoft Store, they will all allow you to cancel your pre-order, get the money back.

But you know its Aventurine so they probably can't risk a refund as the code for it might be so buggy as to refund everyone or refund the wrong amounts etc.

Edit: Best Buy too.  In fact I think the only game I knew I couldn't return once paid for was Guild Wars 2, but that was a very clearly labelled pre-PURCHASE. Guild Wars 2 also offered a pre-ORDER which COULD be cancelled early to get money back.  Basically AV/DF do everything wrong yet again.

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

I didn't pay for an unplayable mess, also finding the system req online is next to impossible, so there was no way of telling how it would run on my PC (Not well apparently) and the game was apparently up for launch a couple of weeks ago, so who would have thought beta would have been in this disgusting state.

Dude you knew it was a beta so you have no room to complain.  Even if it is an unplayable mess you knew that it wasn't a finished product when you bought it.  People like you are why I don't give refunds in my business.  You tell people exactly what you will be getting, and they choose to buy.  Then you bitch about it demanding a refund when it doesn't match some fantasy that you dreamed up even though the product is exactly as it was described.  But anyway your just going to tell me you don't want my opinion either since it doesn't agree with the fairytale world in your head.  

Do i care about your particular problem or what is wrong with your pc?

Your quote is just as stupid as you not being able to find out their support email AND their support website (GOOGLE)  dont want opinions? dont come to a forum.

Also once again its BETA. the game is running in debug mode and does not run on every system. and also the game was not for sale before they announced it will go into beta.  Also GOOGLE what debug mode means and how it affects ur beta expierience.  The game will go out of debug mode by the end of this year.

Originally posted by Traugar

Dude you knew it was a beta so you have no room to complain.  Even if it is an unplayable mess you knew that it wasn't a finished product when you bought it.  People like you are why I don't give refunds in my business.  You tell people exactly what you will be getting, and they choose to buy.  Then you bitch about it demanding a refund when it doesn't match some fantasy that you dreamed up even though the product is exactly as it was described.  But anyway your just going to tell me you don't want my opinion either since it doesn't agree with the fairytale world in your head.  

He didn't buy it.  He pre-ordered it.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

I can request for my £18 back for a game I pre-ordered if I like <:

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Zyzra

He didn't buy it.  He pre-ordered it.

You can only pre order it and pre orders were made available AFTER the announcement of going into beta.

Darkfail

Not sure why this company wouldn't allow a pre-order to be cancelled and money returned, especially before launch.

Very disreputable.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127

Darkfail

Not sure why this company wouldn't allow a pre-order to be cancelled and money returned, especially before launch.

Very disreputable.

I am pretty sure on the forums people have said they can't get their money back.

Darkfail

Very disreputable.

They probably went to the War Z school of game design.

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59

Important: You hereby expressly consent that the supply of Digital Content and the performance of our Services begins immediately after we have sent you our Confirmation Email. In the case of pre-orders, the performance begins when we add the respective license to your account immediately after we have sent you our Confirmation Email.

and

Aventurine S.A. No Refund Policy for Darkfall Unholy Wars. Darkfall Unholy Wars is a next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). As an MMO there can be no refunds for downloaded games. We will not offer refunds for purchases made online. Any retail refunds would be at the sole discretion of the retailer where the game is purchased.

This likely means you will not recieve a refund. But good luck.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

Originally posted by RocSek

Important: You hereby expressly consent that the supply of Digital Content and the performance of our Services begins immediately after we have sent you our Confirmation Email. In the case of pre-orders, the performance begins when we add the respective license to your account immediately after we have sent you our Confirmation Email.

and

Aventurine S.A. No Refund Policy for Darkfall Unholy Wars. Darkfall Unholy Wars is a next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). As an MMO there can be no refunds for downloaded games. We will not offer refunds for purchases made online. Any retail refunds would be at the sole discretion of the retailer where the game is purchased.

Right, it wasn't a purchase it was a pre-order. The top part refers to pre-orders but not refunds.  So to me, he pre-ordered, and can cancel, so long as he does not purchase.

and

Right, it wasn't a purchase it was a pre-order. The top part refers to pre-orders but not refunds.  So to me, he pre-ordered, and can cancel, so long as he does not purchase.

But the preorder contains a game which  was already downloaded, which is covered in the second paragraph. And weather this was a pre-order or actualy buying the final release of the game He still made a purchase online which they offer no refunds for.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

and

But the preorder contains a game which  was already downloaded, which is covered in the second paragraph. And weather this was a pre-order or actualy buying the final release of the game He still made a purchase online which they offer no refunds for.

Right right, they being Aventurine.  Not they as in the rest of gaming.  I mean AV can obviously do whatever they want.  It's just up to them how shady they want to look.

I mean I've downloaded betas before and been able to get a pre-order money back before release no problem.  Aventurine is just you know different in how badly it wants to grip any money it can.

Oh well it's been a few days since beta started and since the official website claimed only a few days were needed to fix some minor issues I'm sure the game is in a release-quality state by now.

I wish him luck and after looking a bit more found this, so maybe there is some hope, but very little

Aventurine S.A. has a strict policy on refunds.  As outlined in the EULA that accompanies Darkfall Unholy Wars, the user’s license to play Darkfall Unholy Wars is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Refunds can only be considered on an individual basis and proper documentation may be required for approval.  Please keep in mind that our policy is No refunds.  If a refund is issued, the funds will be returned to the same method of purchase (credit card, Paypal, etc.). The funds may take 7-10 working days to be available.  You will need to contact customer support to discuss the issue.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    when mortal online released its beta, the company had a no refunds policy but many people managed to get a refund by contacting their bank directly. Obviously they were black listed from buying the prodcut again but some banks started blocking payments to the company on the grounds of thinking the company was false/ a con due to the few people who had contacted their bank over the issue.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

This discussion has been closed.