Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Grats P101!

Now I need to try this game.

• The_CommodoreThe_Commodore Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Ardu
    Originally posted by PiggleWraith -Sigh- People like you infuriate me, you think you are right about everything and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you have the right to make fun of them.  Have you two even tried Pirate101? Don't judge a book by it's cover.   Oh, and btw Ardu, the Quetzal in Wizard101 is based off the Mayan/Aztec God Quetzalcoatl, who is most commonly depiced as a feathered snake, just like the Quetzal in Wizard101. Although in your numerous threads and posts on countless websites(Wizard101 Cental, the Official Wizard101 Message Board Forums, here...) about this matter, whenever anyone tries to get that through your thick skull on any of the sites, you seem to ignore them. Get a life. Stop spamming sites about how Kingsisle disrespects other cultures, and refusing to see other peoples point of view. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I am starting to think you are just a troll and don't even really believe this at all.

The actual Quetzals are birds species, I don't see an Owl or Hawk being describe as a freaking snake. 

KingsIsle and their community are very ignorant about the actual Quetzals, and they keep using the same excuse about referring to the Aztec god.

Get educated and don't be so ignorant.      

Yes, I know that. But they are obviously not referring to the bird! They are referring to the god! Why can you not see that?!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

~Mahatma Gandhi

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

This thread turns out to be a very entertaining read.

Thus a small-ish game with a community beats a game with plenty of fanboys but no community to speak of? There's hope left in the genre.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Great advertising for KingsIsle, you have to admit.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

Because it makes sense and doesn't seem like a crock of shit?  Well yeah, the MMORPG community has been talking about GW2 for years, no one's been talking about Pirate101 until now... I wonder what the point of even having a "community" is when the community's votes don't matter.  You and I know why Pirate101 won this thing, and it wasn't because of MMORPG users.  /shrug

Maybe all these 1 post wonders will stick around and contribute!  /sarcasm

• The_CommodoreThe_Commodore Member Posts: 6

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

Because it makes sense and doesn't seem like a crock of shit?  Well yeah, the MMORPG community has been talking about GW2 for years, no one's been talking about Pirate101 until now... I wonder what the point of even having a "community" is when the community's votes don't matter.  You and I know why Pirate101 won this thing, and it wasn't because of MMORPG users.  /shrug

Maybe all these 1 post wonders will stick around and contribute!  /sarcasm

Actually, I checked up on that and this site checks IP addresses, so unless they had quite a lot of computers or just went to friends houses to use theirs or places like where you can use a computer like Best Buy, which is unlikely, you can't really spam the polls.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

~Mahatma Gandhi

• ray0042ray0042 Member Posts: 1
    congrats P101!! =^.^=
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Awesome results.
  • Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114

ROFL

All this carry on over an award, do you get this upset watching the Oscars?

Personaly when purchasing a game or looking into a game, awards are not something I give much credence to, I play what I enjoy regardless of what others think.

Congratz to the winners BTW

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Complete joke..

Should admit that they advertised for their players to vote and even gave incentives..

Hell, it's not even "funny" it's shameful..

• StrangenightStrangenight Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Ortwig, Pirate101 is a fun game. Very different from the carbon copy hack-and-slash MMORPG grind fests that seem to pop up on a daily basis. I enjoy it as an adult but alos like that I can let my kids play without having to worry about blood splattered guts and gore or 90% naked women with physical attributes bordering on the impossible being plastered all over the screen.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Kim Jong Un technically "won" the Time's person of the year award....   wonder how that happened.

Sounds legit to me.

• kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49

What a load of crap, who's gonna believe that shit kiddy game with it's incentivised vote for us and get rewarded really won it's more like cheating !

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by zellmer

Complete joke..

Should admit that they advertised for their players to vote and even gave incentives..

Hell, it's not even "funny" it's shameful..

At least they didn't take performance-enhancing drugs to beat the already drugged-up competition and then go and write books about how great they are...only to be exposed and stripped of all titles...wait, what are we talking about again?
  • RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

As a GW2 player I do not know how to handle this second place behind Pirates 101.

Should I start playing Pirates 101 or go cry for my game loss?

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Interesting results. Never heard of Pirates 101. Guess I should check it out and see what everyones talking about.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Sorry dude....your statements are complete BS, and you know it.   There has always been a strong support for TSW on these forums.  If GW2 didnt win, TSW is the clear choice afterwards.  

Pirates 101.......  I am still laughing.

Originally posted by Zetsuei
    Interesting results. Never heard of Pirates 101. Guess I should check it out and see what everyones talking about.

No!

Please! Keep playing GW2...

[laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    [explosion]
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I'm gonna try Pirate 101 before i say anything to this result.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

You guys complaining crack me up! You should play Pirate101 for a bit before commenting on the starter area :-D Also, as a sub I get all those cool items in the crown shop  in game. This also includes companions!

Am quite happy the title I play won. So is my grandson!

• OFxLedzeplinOFxLedzeplin Member CommonPosts: 7

It seems that many think that KingsIsle offered some incentive to vote for thier Pirate101 game.  Those making this claim did NOT do their homework and are spewing misinformation.

KingsIsle posted a notice they were nominated with an encouragement for thier fans to vote.  Fans were offered NOTHING in return.

It was the Pirate101 community bolstering votes on thier 3rd party fansites that got the community to represent.

GW2 fans it would seem do not have the same close knit community, or simply dont have as many followers.  Either way...  that speaks volumes.

Congrats Pirate101!!!

Originally posted by OFxLedzeplin

It seems that many think that KingsIsle offered some incentive to vote for thier Pirate101 game.  Those making this claim did NOT do their homework and are spewing misinformation.

KingsIsle posted a notice they were nominated with an encouragement for thier fans to vote.  Fans were offered NOTHING in return.

It was the Pirate101 community bolstering votes on thier 3rd party fansites that got the community to represent.

GW2 fans it would seem do not have the same close knit community, or simply dont have as many followers.  Either way...  that speaks volumes.

Congrats Pirate101!!!

Can this be the begining of the end for GW2?

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by RedJorge
    Originally posted by OFxLedzeplin

Congrats Pirate101!!!

Can this be the begining of the end for GW2?

heh, Walmart has lots of copies of GW2 for 39.99. Not that it is saying anything. But Diablo III is still 49.99. Was at Walmart buying a sub card for Pirate101 ;-D Wanted my free pet!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    It's like this: if you're running for office, you won't expect to win without a little campaigning, right? Well, KingsIsle campaigned harder than the other guys. That's for sure.

I guess that works lol, if you don't have the skills to pay the bills simply be better at campaigning lol! 

All joking aside, it's a bit sad that it never seems that the bigger games care about the awards on MMORPG.com. It's always the little guys that go to the community and say "Hey we were nominated for GOTY, go vote!". 

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Ardu
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best  mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.

These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

LOL not sure why Pirate was even choosen to nominate.

But sure now, players best game is "pay to win" style, except this one seems even not to be fear. =D

TIP: play wow for free till lvl 20 (better then Pirates till lvl 7).

Good luck to find any good game as all we need is pay and win.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2