Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the massive amount of news on this actually benefit them?

Won't go many places without hearing about WarZ. Its even talked about on the news.

However, will this actually help WarZ in the end? As some celebrities say...any news is good news...even if its negative.

Many of my friends never even heard of WarZ, and bought it just to see how bad it actually is. A couple (only two thus far) have said they actually enjoyed it and are surprised after hearing all the negativity...most of them so far have stopped playing...

still...the ones that stopped playing still bought the game and gave them money, just to see how it actually is.

So, is all this negative news actually helping WarZ?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450
    I'm sure that negative media attention helped Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing sell more copies. A new copy on Amazon.com costs $99. If it helped that game, I'm sure it could help another game that Sergey Titov was working on as a producer.
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Never heard of this game until the controversy.. I want a zombie apocalypse MMO but unfortunately 50 players is much too few. Maybe when they develop a MMO with 1k server caps... Darkfall sized map and as you die you rotate to another server it would provide a fun and challenging zombie experience. I'm aware of the complaints on such a system... What about my friends! It's just an idea things can always be worked out.
  • elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

I think it helps in making an informed decision.

To be clear, i like the basic idea of the game, is how the whole thing have been handled  that irks me.

I used money on kickstarter, maybe half the project i supported will not see the light of the day, i bought games in a beta status, but i never, ever been goaded to buy something so unfinished, and with such a brazen attitude to just get my money without even trying to deliver.

So as long the buyer make an informed decision , is ok. I do hope that the developing house  go down in flames, because i honestly think they did try to scam people out of their money. But , if anyone decide after all to buy it, eh... as long they do know what kind of developers they are  supporting.

That said, i still play the old version of UFO enemy unknow with a graphic that probably would make my nephew laugh if it ever happens to see it, so if you don't care and have fun with the game.. eh.. have fun, the developers irk me, not the gamers.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    I can't believe I'm staring at a WarZ advertisement on mmorpg.com right now. Anyway it can't possibly benefit them as much as it hurts them. Their relationship with Steam is probably irreparably damaged. Finding another digital outlet of any size will be difficult.  

I go to Steam once-twice a year... only went recently to buy Forge because it's the only place to buy Forge... They could sell from their site just fine, Pay to have War Z show up on any google Zombie/War search, keep paying MMORPG.com and all the other sites and do more for themselves than steam ever could. People rely too much on Steam statistics... 

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Help them? Ohhhh yeah~ After tons of people buy this game because the "DO NOT ENTER" signs are too aluring; the devs can claim: "Due to the sheer amount of feedback regarding WarZ, our finicial team has jumped ship. We will be shutting down servers . . ."

Or in more realistic WarZ Dev speak: "Hwy noobs we have to shtu down the servers since every person is complaining about our game. thx to all of you loyal playars who stuck wit us till the end! - S.T."

So; the bad press can attract more customers, and give them the oppertunity to have a legitimate reason to shutdown their operation.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by TheScavenger 

So, is all this negative news actually helping WarZ?

It never helped other mmos that had negative news spread about their game so not sure why this would be the exception.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127

You have to take into account that not everyone looks at these sites. Mmorpg, Massively, reddit.

I believe that the people who go on these sites will not be buying it, and a few-good amount of players asked for refunds or quit. But, I do believe there will be a good amount of loyal players to the game, even if it is unpopular. There are alot of unpopular, not well known games that have a good playerbase.

But to answer your question, I think it will hurt it in the long run then help it.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    The game made bbc news. So most likely.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    If the game can manage to live up to the hype, then sure.  When was the last time a game lived up to the hype though?  By all accounts, War Z is a pretty bad game in everything but theory.

You make me like charity

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

this type of massive amounts of bad news not only on this gaming site but every major gaming site, bbc news, wjs, forbes and so forth and so on. I think that it will be hard to recover from this.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    Never heard of this game until the controversy.. I want a zombie apocalypse MMO but unfortunately 50 players is much too few. Maybe when they develop a MMO with 1k server caps... Darkfall sized map and as you die you rotate to another server it would provide a fun and challenging zombie experience. I'm aware of the complaints on such a system... What about my friends! It's just an idea things can always be worked out.

Check out State of Decay and Class4. It's an upcoming XBOX live zombie apocalypse sim and Class4 is gonna be it's MMO sequel.