Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pandora's box has opened and it could mean the end of this world.

LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

Previously reported was the elite edition losing their perminent mounts. Snail games gave them 85 extra gold plus an additional 20 gold for an apology. Eventually Snail games was convinced to give the mount back to the players. They also left the 105 extra gold in the packages. This is nice if your an elite player.

Since this news now the deluxe edition members are in an uproar. The value of their package has dropped greatly in comparision to the elite package and they paid twice as much is their argument. The elite and deluxe players are in an all out forum war over these developements.

Elites are saying, "You get access to beta you deserve nothing else" and Deluxe say "we paid twice as much we just want equal to what you guys got"

What do you think is fair?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    my opinion here... if you pay 10 bucks for beta access, and i pay 20 bucks for the same beta acces, i should get more extras than you because i payed more for the same beta. If thats not the case then why even bother paying 20? 

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by parrotpholk
    Everyone knew the perks when they gave up their CC number.  You had the information in front of you to make an informed decision.

I bought neither option, not my thing. I just find the war interesting in a buisness point of view. How can you make someone pay twice as much as someone else and than give more to the person that paid less and expect them to be ok with it? I think this whole situation will get blown out of proportion because the way it is being handled is short sighted. I was just wondering what others thought of the situation.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

you get what you paid for, the people that paid 10$, paid a month ago, they got what was advertised. they were fighting to get back what they paid for.  the 20$ package was different, and was the only one offered this time around, it also stated that elite players get everything that delux got. on top of what they already had..

Elite players are rewared for taking that leap of faith a month ago

Originally posted by st4t1ck

you get what you paid for, the people that paid 10$, paid a month ago, they got what was advertised. they were fighting to get back what they paid for.  the 20$ package was different, and was the only one offered this time around, it also stated that elite players get everything that delux got. on top of what they already had..

An interesting point of view being explored on the forums. Would you not say that prepurchasing a game in beta is always a leap of faith? As I read it as well there were originally deluxe exclusives, which then got turned into elite and deluxe exclusives. This sounds kinda messed up.

Originally posted by LadyEuphei

An interesting point of view being explored on the forums. Would you not say that prepurchasing a game in beta is always a leap of faith? As I read it as well there were originally deluxe exclusives, which then got turned into elite and deluxe exclusives. This sounds kinda messed up.

i didnt hear anything about deluxe exclusives.  the first time i read it on thier page it said elite members get upgraded to all the things of the deluxe package.  and yes every beta paid for is a leap of faith, but as every beta passes more and more information is out to decide if its something you wanna do.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    People need to stop behaving like spoiled children and get some perspective. They chose to spend the money, knowing full well what they were getting. Crying because someone else got a better deal just makes you look stupid.
  • GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    I agree with the DE guys there is no way that package should cost more with less perks than the Elite edition. I do not care how many months in advance it was purchased. That's like saying if I bought a standard edition of MMO X for 49.99 I get all kinds of exclusive perks. Than a collector's edition comes out for $150 and people buy it, only to find out they get less but paid more, and on top of that the perks they get will be added to the standard edition. Now how is that fair and where is the value in the CE outside of a chance at beta. I always thought the whole pay to get into beta for a game that is going to be free-to-play was bit on the fishy side. I have never seen this with a free-to-pay game, buy to play yeah and many subbed based games since you have to actually buy a box. But never in my 10 years have I seen this with an Asian free-to-play, but you know what they say "a sucker is born everyday" and Snail games seems to have snagged their suckers.
  • LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Age of Wushu is a decent MMO and really fun to play BUT the company behind is too out of touch with it's customers, I chose to get a refund because I expect to get much worse.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I'll probably be staying away from this game and the people who handle it.  This just seems like a red flag to me and may be indicative of how they handle problems in the future.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    Age of Wushu is a decent MMO and really fun to play BUT the company behind is too out of touch with it's customers, I chose to get a refund because I expect to get much worse.

To be honest I hate open world pvp games. My 1st couple hours I thought the game was boring and slow, but I stuck with it for the whole 10 hours and find it to be very addicting, not enough to drop 20 bucks for a beta. However I can see it keeping my attention as long as they do not start selling power on the CS. Other than that I log on and spend my 1 hour training my internal skill.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Its a stupid waste of time to fight over. 9 out of 10 games these deluxe packs are put on sale anyways later on for much cheaper price. Or offered at a discount bundle when they are trying to suck more players in. Or just wait for the cash shop to offer them ;)

Give the DE guy a little extra and call it even, but the company did screw up there.

But i think people are off the wall paying an extra 20-60 for a digital mount or some item you can only use for a limited time lol.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    I think it's a nice gesture to the elite players. I can understand the delux players point of view though and in hindsight, it might not be the smartest move of snail games. We'll see how they handle this though; remember it's a holiday for most of us so things will go slower., it's too premature to mark them as the next bliiz-activision., maybe they'll also give something to the deluxe players.
    Originally posted by vgamer
    I think it's a nice gesture to the elite players. I can understand the delux players point of view though and in hindsight, it might not be the smartest move of snail games. We'll see how they handle this though; remember it's a holiday for most of us so things will go slower., it's too premature to mark them as the next bliiz-activision., maybe they'll also give something to the deluxe players.

I have no doubt that they wll do something for the deluxe. They are too vocal and some of the elite are supporting the movement. Seems easy enough to just even out the rewards or something. I just can not figure out with so much bashing and anger on their forums no one is moderating or saying, "We are on holiday but this will be brought up soon please be patient" I have also sadly observed mods commenting on less....volatile subjects. They are obviously avoiding getting burned.

lol sry quoted myself

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    i have faith in them, i am sure they will compensate deluxe buyers aswell
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The main issue that I had was that the permanent mount was removed (and now returned) to Elite purchasers. 

The Elite Edition was a limited time opportunity for early adopters to invest in a game they couldn't even play yet.  The reward should be high for these people.  The Deluxe Eidition is currently for sale and said rewards are clearly stated.  There is no room to complain about the price difference because of the circumstances surrounding the sale.  Elite was very early for those who wanted to invest early.  There was a hard cut-off point when they would no longer be available.  The benefits were lucrative to get the attention of players and get them to pay.  These early adopters have and should be rewarded.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Gormok
    I agree with the DE guys there is no way that package should cost more with less perks than the Elite edition. I do not care how many months in advance it was purchased. That's like saying if I bought a standard edition of MMO X for 49.99 I get all kinds of exclusive perks. Than a collector's edition comes out for $150 and people buy it, only to find out they get less but paid more, and on top of that the perks they get will be added to the standard edition. Now how is that fair and where is the value in the CE outside of a chance at beta. I always thought the whole pay to get into beta for a game that is going to be free-to-play was bit on the fishy side. I have never seen this with a free-to-pay game, buy to play yeah and many subbed based games since you have to actually buy a box. But never in my 10 years have I seen this with an Asian free-to-play, but you know what they say "a sucker is born everyday" and Snail games seems to have snagged their suckers.

Its not the same thing at all.. there is no "only to find out". they new what the elite edition was and they did not purchase it, they now know what the deleuxe edition is and they purchased it. they new what they were getting.

the problem was with them taking something away from the elite edition.

Originally posted by Roxtarr

The main issue that I had was that the permanent mount was removed (and now returned) to Elite purchasers. 

The Elite Edition was a limited time opportunity for early adopters to invest in a game they couldn't even play yet.  The reward should be high for these people.  The Deluxe Eidition is currently for sale and said rewards are clearly stated.  There is no room to complain about the price difference because of the circumstances surrounding the sale.  Elite was very early for those who wanted to invest early.  There was a hard cut-off point when they would no longer be available.  The benefits were lucrative to get the attention of players and get them to pay.  These early adopters have and should be rewarded.

As they have been, I just see a lack of buisness ethics selling one product for half as much as another and than later pumping up the original product to make the second more expensive package look even worse in relation. This was a ill thought out buisness move and they really should have thought about it in my opinion. I can see both sides points. Elites want more cause they are earlier adopters, but deluxe paid more. If you think about it monetarily, there is probably more money in the deluxe players than the elite.

I find it interesting that people that purchased elite like you find it an unfair idea if the company gave the exact same package but charged twice as much. What is so unfair you both get the ame thing but they paid more, you stil won.

But that is not what it is about, is it? It is about establishing a gap between elite and all else. It is about being better than everyone else because you did X, right? Then I think you hit a problem with the deluxe should feel entitled because they donated more and you should feel entitled cause you donated first. At this point seems to me that you are both entitled and should just have the same stuff.

I personally do not find the deluxe edition a good value and would never consider purchasing it, even more so after recent events. I just find it telling that the elite are really trying to make an elite only community and the snail games is letting it happen. This game will have alot of trouble in the coming weeks if this mind set continues. 

I do not know about you, but I am not going to pay 20 bucks to be worse than someone else that paid 10, but maybe thats me.

• JianyuJianyu Member UncommonPosts: 42

As they have been, I just see a lack of buisness ethics selling one product for half as much as another and than later pumping up the original product to make the second more expensive package look even worse in relation. This was a ill thought out buisness move and they really should have thought about it in my opinion. I can see both sides points. Elites want more cause they are earlier adopters, but deluxe paid more. If you think about it monetarily, there is probably more money in the deluxe players than the elite.

I find it interesting that people that purchased elite like you find it an unfair idea if the company gave the exact same package but charged twice as much. What is so unfair you both get the ame thing but they paid more, you stil won.

But that is not what it is about, is it? It is about establishing a gap between elite and all else. It is about being better than everyone else because you did X, right? Then I think you hit a problem with the deluxe should feel entitled because they donated more and you should feel entitled cause you donated first. At this point seems to me that you are both entitled and should just have the same stuff.

I personally do not find the deluxe edition a good value and would never consider purchasing it, even more so after recent events. I just find it telling that the elite are really trying to make an elite only community and the snail games is letting it happen. This game will have alot of trouble in the coming weeks if this mind set continues. 

I do not know about you, but I am not going to pay 20 bucks to be worse than someone else that paid 10, but maybe thats me.

Elite purchasers had what they paid for taken away from them, and were given something else in compensation. The deluxe edition was not modified in any such way. Elite purchasers made their discontent clear, Snail acknowledged their error, and gave them what was purchased while allowing them to keep the previous compensation. While that does increase the elite edition's value compared to deluxe, the circumstances are very specific; a certain subset of customers had an issue, that issue was resolved. When the table next to yours has an issue with their meal and the restaurant strikes it from the bill, and then offers them a free dessert, do you demand the same treatment?

That said, I personally couldn't care less about any gap between elite and deluxe. If Snail decides to give deluxe purchasers the same benefits, that's fine by me. What I disagree with is the idea that deluxe purchasers are now entitled to that, or that Snail is somehow treating them unfairly. It feels as though they are greedily piggy-backing on the legitimate complaints of the elite users, and trying to use the momentum of an actual issue to get more than what they paid for.

Check out my blog, Adventures in Atys!

so you never bought a new cell phone and the next version of it came out for free?  you never had internet service and your company allows new subscribers to pay way less then you.  you never bought gas for your car, then the price went down a few hours later? what about buying a game and then it goes on sale?   thats all the same product/service for different prices, its how everything works.

the elite editon was on sale for 10bucks. now its not.

Originally posted by Jianyu

Elite purchasers had what they paid for taken away from them, and were given something else in compensation. The deluxe edition was not modified in any such way. Elite purchasers made their discontent clear, Snail acknowledged their error, and gave them what was purchased while allowing them to keep the previous compensation. While that does increase the elite edition's value compared to deluxe, the circumstances are very specific; a certain subset of customers had an issue, that issue was resolved. When the table next to yours has an issue with their meal and the restaurant strikes it from the bill, and then offers them a free dessert, do you demand the same treatment?

That said, I personally couldn't care less about any gap between elite and deluxe. If Snail decides to give deluxe purchasers the same benefits, that's fine by me. What I disagree with is the idea that deluxe purchasers are now entitled to that. It feels as though they are greedily piggy-backing on the legitimate complaints of the elite users, and trying to use the momentum of an actual issue to get more than what they paid for.

I think you should consider how you price virtual products. I would compare them to what others have (actually generally I only purchase them if they are pretty) The arguement stands that the deluxe was sold and the only price comparison that was available was the elite. People understood they were getting less, the understood they had to pay more, but they had an idea of how it stacked up to other packages.

By increasing the value of the first package they decreased the value of the second package. Compensating the elits was nice, but it totally warped the value of items.  As a player who has ot bought either, I was looking at the deluxe edition. After the elite buff I look at the deluxe edition as complete trash. It is just so small for 20 bucks and its a free to play game just seems weird to me. Again I bought neither and I am giving my opinion based on someone that was looking at purchasing possibly, but I fel bad for the deluxe guys, the lost alot of value.

Originally posted by Jianyu

That said, I personally couldn't care less about any gap between elite and deluxe. If Snail decides to give deluxe purchasers the same benefits, that's fine by me. What I disagree with is the idea that deluxe purchasers are now entitled to that. It feels as though they are greedily piggy-backing on the legitimate complaints of the elite users, and trying to use the momentum of an actual issue to get more than what they paid for.

I think you should consider how you price virtual products. I would compare them to what others have (actually generally I only purchase them if they are pretty) The arguement stands that the deluxe was sold and the only price comparison that was available was the elite. People understood they were getting less, the understood they had to pay more, but they had an idea of how it stacked up to other packages.

By increasing the value of the first package they decreased the value of the second package. Compensating the elits was nice, but it totally warped the value of items.  As a player who has ot bought either, I was looking at the deluxe edition. After the elite buff I look at the deluxe edition as complete trash. It is just so small for 20 bucks and its a free to play game just seems weird to me. Again I bought neither and I am giving my opinion based on someone that was looking at purchasing possibly, but I fel bad for the deluxe guys, the lost alot of value.

I guess i just dont understand it that way.  i value things for myself. if i find it has value i get it if it doesnt i wont buy it.  i dont feel shafted when something goes on sale after i bought it.  i dont see the value going down.

what he wrote

what I wrote

so you never bought a new cell phone and the next version of it came out for free?  you never had internet service and your company allows new subscribers to pay way less then you.  you never bought gas for your car, then the price went down a few hours later? what about buying a game and then it goes on sale?   thats all the same product/service for different prices, its how everything works.

the elite editon was on sale for 10bucks. now its not.

I am not sure if you read what you wrote, but I do not see a very good comparison or anything really. lets address everything in parts.

so you never bought a new cell phone and the next version of it came out for free?

First this is in the opposite order as the elite to deluxe and if I had bought my cell phone a month earlier, you better bet I would go back get a refund and get the new one for free.

you never had internet service and your company allows new subscribers to pay way less then you.

I check promotional deals, you an call me a frugal b**ch. I call my internet company and threaten to switch every few months to assure I get the best deal. Which usually ends up better than the new customer deal.

you never bought gas for your car, then the price went down a few hours later?

The comparison here is mute because it is only going to change a few cents. If I bought gas for 4 dollars and than it went to 1 an hour later I would be pissed! I would try and figure out some way to get my money back, believe you me.

what about buying a game and then it goes on sale?

Again wrong order, but for the sake of arguement I would still exchange the card for the new price if it was with in a month and it never drops from 20 dollars to 5 dollars.

Your not getting the point. This was not some small change, this was huge. The value of elite increased 4 fold and deluxe was left the same. This is not a few cents and every example you gave you can exchange for the new rate. I would have exchanged or fought for the better price in all cases, if you do not I feel sorry for you or I feel sorry I am not as rich as you to throw away money. I admit I have a problem spending money (probably why I didnt buy elite or deluxe for a free to play game) but it still is a problem with giving value to one product that is very similair to the another and leaving the other product the same. That deflates its value in my eyes.

I guess i just dont understand it that way.  i value things for myself. if i find it has value i get it if it doesnt i wont buy it.  i dont feel shafted when something goes on sale after i bought it.  i dont see the value going down.

No, I get your point and totally agree since I usually only buy cosmetic objects because I like how they look. I just see what the deluxe players are saying and find it interesting the elite players can not see it.

• JianyuJianyu Member UncommonPosts: 42

I'm going to break this down:

Greetings,

We have concluded our investigation of the matter wherein Elite and Deluxe members initially received the same pre-purchase benefits. As a result, all Elite members will shortly receive the following:

85 additional gold, bringing their initial gold gift up from 15 to 100 - The original elite offer advertised the inclusion of 100 gold. It can be argued that it wasn't made clear if this gold would only be good for CBT1, or would in fact be available at launch, but in the case of that miscommunication the onus would have been on Snail to err on the behalf of their players.

2 14-Day horses and an extra 20 gold in apology; after long deliberation it was decided that a permanent horse was too powerful an item - This is pretty much all we gained. A couple of horses and 20 gold. Hardly 4x the value of the deluxe edition, and in light of the recent events, being allowed to keep these benefits makes for decent reparations, much like the free dessert in my previous analogy.

30 extra days of VIP, bringing their total free VIP period up from 60 days to 90 - Again, this is just the Elite package being brought back up to what was originally promised.

I think maybe some Deluxe players don't realize that the Elite edition was due to contain almost everything that was awarded yesterday from the very beginning. It was advertised as such on the splash page for ageofwushu.com for the entire duration that the Elite edition was on sale. Pyre's post was merely stating that the Elite users were being issued what they originally paid for, only the one portion regarding the compensation for the removal of the permanent horse was an "addition" to the original deal.

Check out my blog, Adventures in Atys!