Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gold Wars 2 - Portrait of a campaign.

2»

Comments

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Well the handy tin foin wins once again lol.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Wait, so your assuming that everyone who was farming gold all of the sudden turned around and started to get gems? I know I didn't. Inflation naturally happens. As the market of gw2 began to get overinflated with stupid weapons, the cost of these items went down. This cuased people to farm more and more, to make up for the loss in price, and this simply cuased the market to inflae more and more. This made people buy less gems, which made gem prices go up due to lack of gems in the market. Your graph proves this, it is all part of economics. How o fix it? Well, wait for a crash in the market, people will quit selling stuff to the Black lion trading company and instead sell to merchants, then everything will go back up. It is exactly what happened in the great depression. Anet could bail out everyone, but that will only be a short term goal. The ninja nerf may be a) non existant, it is just everyone getting less money out of there items and having to farm more or b) they did nerf in an attempt to let the black lion trading company to clear out a little so as not to over-fill the market with useless items.... Like in runescape with bones. So many bones. 
  • VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72

Sorry, but in this case I fail to see how gem to gold conversion charts support your claim all that well. Your other post had more validity to it once you looked past the melodrama. That brings me to another point. Two posts on basically the same subject tends to weaken your credibility. It reduces any constructive criticism you may have to the appearance of a rant.

The gem to gold charts are more likely influenced over that time by goldseller activites and not ANET.  The circled part in the second graph may have been nothing more than a glitch in the graph itself frankly. 

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Some of you pathetically over react.

I have Legendary Sunrise which is a greatsword so one of the most expensive ones. I have 4 characters all decked out in level 80 Exotics.

I only have  520  hours invested in the game and I have not spent a penny except the $60 on the box price. There are ways to make gold in the game. Hell when they came out with ascended it only took me 4 days to farm for the backpack. I made 62 gold in 4 days farming.

We just have a bunch of lazy mmo children these days. Its the same reason our real life economy is terrible, because we have a bunch of lazy people in their mid 20's that don't wanna do anything but get everything they want.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

hmm - drops are nerfed...so why did I get 3 lvl 80 golds with my lvl 80 character while doing the Wintersday Instance? I guess that was due to the nerf.

Sounds like someone just wants to keep railing on GW2 and A.Net for no reason. The OP can't even read a graph and that is pathetic.

Please go complan about some other game now or should we start pointing and laughing at your tinfoil hat?

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

what drop nerf? has someone seen the drop tables before this supposed nerf and after?

Is this only stupid speculation on part of stupid whinning players that are in a unlucky streak of bad drops?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Flex1

what drop nerf? has someone seen the drop tables before this supposed nerf and after?

Is this only stupid speculation on part of stupid whinning players that are in a unlucky streak of bad drops?

No lol, it's the same crud you found in FFXI when people thought the way you faced made a difference in crafting. Someone asked the developers durring a live Q&A and the developers busted out laughing. Player A thinks they found out how "Random" really works (In this case "OMG THE DEVS NINJA NERFED DROP RATES") and makes a thread about it (Good or bad) and suddenly others notice the same thing (Hey you're right, when I wear a blue shirt while crafting I get better results!) and suddenly it becomes a snowball. People come out of the wood works noticing the same thing. 

The fact of the matter is "Random" can work for and against your favor. They may need to tweak the paramaters if some really are getting affected as much as they claim (While I haven't noticed any ninja loot drop nerf nor has anyone I know that plays lol, I can't say it's impossible that a bug may be affecting some players). 

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I have been watching the gem store, as I wanted to buy more gem using my gold.

This is just my opinion, the gem price soar 2 weeks before the Helloween event.

The chest items loot drop, make a lot of people piss off.

Then after that comes the Ascended debacle.

I got the feeling that a lot of Anet fanbois just dump the game.

Not many people buying gems with cash and sell it for gold anymore after the Ascended patch,

it seems to me that everyone just stop supporting Anet gem CS.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Flex1

No lol, it's the same crud you found in FFXI when people thought the way you faced made a difference in crafting. Someone asked the developers durring a live Q&A and the developers busted out laughing. Player A thinks they found out how "Random" really works (In this case "OMG THE DEVS NINJA NERFED DROP RATES") and makes a thread about it (Good or bad) and suddenly others notice the same thing (Hey you're right, when I wear a blue shirt while crafting I get better results!) and suddenly it becomes a snowball. People come out of the wood works noticing the same thing. 

The fact of the matter is "Random" can work for and against your favor. They may need to tweak the paramaters if some really are getting affected as much as they claim (While I haven't noticed any ninja loot drop nerf nor has anyone I know that plays lol, I can't say it's impossible that a bug may be affecting some players). 

Well random in PCs isn't completely random.

For example, certain engines say you have 20% to trigger something with a skill and has you use the skill and faill to trigger your % increases until it triggers so your next strike after a miss is more likely to trigger.

So it is possible parameters are adjusted making the game generate the same amount of rare and exotic items but let them be spread out for more players.

Anyway, that minor thing aside, there is no facts or data presented to support the claim.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    I used to get, almost without fail 1-3 rares per "farm event" (plixx and defend tunnels) in orr for weeks with MF gear, it took me about a week before i saw another rare drop after the alledged drop rate nerf, take it for what you will.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

It starts all nice and believable, but players can't even gear low level characters due to huge loot drop nerf? WTH is that supposed to mean? I have 10 toons, several of them are low level characters and I have no trouble equipping them and still earning more then enough to drop my spare gold into the bank.

Whatever it is you're going on about, it has little to do with anything that's goin on in the game.

What you're seeing with gem prices is people earning gold faster and the value of gold to buy gems is dropping. That's it, no conspiracies necessary.

imageimage
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

We just have a bunch of lazy mmo children these days. Its the same reason our real life economy is terrible, because we have a bunch of lazy people in their mid 20's that don't wanna do anything but get everything they want.

Actually the economy is so bad because companies got used to cheating and buying people in government to avoid any consequence of their actions.Of course arena net didn't even had to buy anyone,they can change the rules and the drop rates when they want to force people to buy gems.The good thing is that with so many mmos out there, players are free to find a better one ,with a world not a series of zones(instances) linked by loading screens and even if you have to pay for a subscription is better than to pay money to a company like ncsoft/arena.net.

Originally posted by eldaris

Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Actually the economy is so bad because companies got used to cheating and buying people in government to avoid any consequence of their actions.Of course arena net didn't even had to buy anyone,they can change the rules and the drop rates when they want to force people to buy gems.The good thing is that with so many mmos out there, players are free to find a better one ,with a world not a series of zones(instances) linked by loading screens and even if you have to pay for a subscription is better than to pay money to a company like ncsoft/arena.net.

If only those worlds were as interesting as a single zone (instanced but persistente) and if it was actually that hard to fully deck characters in rare and exotic items in GW2...

And the economy is so bad because people think that creating money out of thin air actually makes the world richer and that a group of people know how to manage the money of the world better than those that work for it.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Hello all,

As predicted 5 months ago, the poorly managed GW2 is on a steep dive and will not take longer until it bites the dust.

The last NCSoft quarterly report is evident: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-13-ncsoft-profits-up-yoy-but-down-on-last-quarter

Its a pitty but greed just pushed away a huge chunk of the player base.

Hope NCSoft learns the lesson and runs the next game better.

Thank you and best regards,

RJ

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Hello all,

As predicted 5 months ago, the poorly managed GW2 is on a steep dive and will not take longer until it bites the dust.

The last NCSoft quarterly report is evident: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-13-ncsoft-profits-up-yoy-but-down-on-last-quarter

RJ

Wow, 8 months in box sales are slowing down....

Thanks for the memo ROFL

Oh, do you know to read....at all?

Seems you forgot the TITLE of the article:

NCSoft profits up on Guild Wars 2 success

Why do these people link stuff that says something completely different to what they claim? Is reading and comprhending a way too much to expect these days?

But considering this tread i guess those who were out to get OP got him, NEVER PUT DOWN YOUR TINFOIL HAT!

Originally posted by Sciva

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by tintilinic

Hello all,

RJ

Thanks for the memo ROFL

Why do these people link stuff that says something completely different to what they claim? Is reading and comprhending a way too much to expect these days?

:)

The title is the only thing that does not make part of the quarterly report...

The title was made up by the journalist...

You need to think before posting, maybe you are tired of reading and posting all day here, I understand...

Go rest please.

Best regards,

RJ

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by tintilinic

Hello all,

RJ

Thanks for the memo ROFL

:)

The title is the only thing that does not make part of the quarterly report...

The title was made up by the journalist...

You need to think before posting, maybe you are tired of reading and posting all day here, I understand...

Go rest please.

Best regards,

RJ

Oh i see now, journalist is also part of the conspiracy! OMG WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEED

In 8 months GW2 made more money than 6 years of GW1.

S45M 1st quarter, $120M 2nd quarter, $35M 3rd quarter.

$200M for a game that cost $20M-$100M.

Once they put an expansion out it will easily sell a minimum of 1 million copies and most likely 2 millions and that will be another $50M-100M.

What you forget to say is that there is a crapton of stuff added to the gemstore and March had daily promotions and that was what caused the spike in gem<->gold.

Paying $/€10 to get 20 in game gold isn't that hot either.

This discussion has been closed.