Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

Comments

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

Haven't really seen the TSW community QQing which is good. Guess we know its all the work of the illuminati. 

Gratz to the winners.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by KaosLegion

Haven't really seen the TSW community QQing which is good. Guess we know its all the work of the illuminati. 

Gratz to the winners.

TSW community is quite mature. I voted for TSW and it didn't win. Big deal. My world didn't end really. So far you can see that only GW2 fans are complaining. Tells you something doesn't it?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Great advertising for KingsIsle, you have to admit.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Exactly as I predicted!  Pirates 101 for the win! 

Hahahahahahaha......okay. 

I mean GW2 aside, with all other other mmo offerings that's the best game of the year?  Either it was rigged (not by mmorpg.com), the members here have a truely laughable sense of humor, or the mmo genre has honestly become that incredibly sad.  Probably all of the above. 

Good for a laugh though.  Good stuff. 

Originally posted by Corehaven

Exactly as I predicted!  Pirates 101 for the win! 

Hahahahahahaha......okay. 

I mean GW2 aside, with all other other mmo offerings that's the best game of the year?  Either it was rigged (not by mmorpg.com), the members here have a truely laughable sense of humor, or the mmo genre has honestly become that incredibly sad.  Probably all of the above. 

Good for a laugh though.  Good stuff. 

I voted for TSW in all categories but it didn't win. But i am not laughing at Pirate 101 community. They clearly came forward and voted for the game. But then again i don't need approval of such awards to enjoy what i am playing. 

Originally posted by Zalmon

That is eaxctly your beef. You are only concerned with proxies and sock puppet accounts because some other MMO won. I am 100% certain if GW2 won you would never ever bring up issues of proxies and rigged poll.

And I'm 100% certain people like yourself would honor the result of ANY mmo beating GW2 as player voted "Game of the Year".  If only GW2 doesn't win!  Even if it was Hello Kitty Online and you would still probably support that just as long as GW2 didn't get the top spot. 

And while Hello Kitty Online didn't get the player's choice, something pretty comparable did.  Hilarious if nothing else.  And because someone questions that, you cry foul.  That's hilarious in itself as well. 

And I'm 100% certain people like yourself would honor the result of ANY mmo beating GW2 as player voted "Game of the Year".  If only GW2 doesn't win!  Even if it was Hello Kitty Online and you would still probably support that just as long as GW2 didn't get the top spot. 

And while Hello Kitty Online didn't get the player's choice, something pretty comparable did.  Hilarious if nothing else.  And because someone questions that, you cry foul.  That's hilarious in itself as well. 

I would honor GW2 too if it had won because it is common sense really. Its players choice award not critics award.

And what have you got against hello kitty online? lol

Sorry i don't have any superiority complex like you where i look down upon players of other online games and laugh at them. It suits you better. Welcome to real world where people have different tastes and enjoy different things.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best  mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Proxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time.Great advertising for KingsIsle, you have to admit.Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this. We know that pirates 101 asked there folks to come vote. GW2 could have done the same thing. I will also add this what happened to the so called gw2 fan base that use to be so rabid and attacking all the other games, almost none of those voted for GW2.

The way I see it pirate 101, motivated their players to come to this site and vote. I don't know why, as I downloaded and played it for 5 minutes and well I got to say it is not a game most hard core players would play.

This reminds me of LOTRO when turbine rigged the vote by offering a free in game cloak if we came to this site to vote, and that is how I created an account here to get the free cloak from LOTRO.

• CraisyCraisy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Great joke to start your morning......now on to the rest of my day.

I would honor GW2 too if it had won because it is common sense really. Its players choice award not critics award.

Sorry i don't have any superiority complex like you where i look down upon players of other online games and laugh at them. It suits you better. Welcome to real world where people have different tastes and enjoy different things.

Fine.  Go play Pirates 101 or Hello Kitty Online.  Sheesh.  Im sorry I hurt your feelings. 

And yes, thank you for welcoming to the real world.  Where people do have different tastes and like different things.  Like Twilight.  People seem to like that.  I just choose to laugh from keeping myself from holding my head underwater and breathing in deeply.  

Fine.  Go play Pirates 101 or Hello Kitty Online.  Sheesh.  Im sorry I hurt your feelings. 

And yes, thank you for welcoming to the real world.  Where people do have different tastes and like different things.  Like Twilight.  People seem to like that.  I just choose to laugh from keeping myself from holding my head underwater and breathing in deeply.  

I actually play TSW and very happy with it. But being a grown up you won't see me going postal all over the forums or making fun of those who enjoy games like Pirate 101 or even those who watch Twilight.

[mod edit]

• ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Lets look at it this way. If Pirate 101 is the best  mmorpg the people voted for then you know the new generation of mmo players haven't a clue. A good example of why the mmo genre is the way it is.

These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.

• The_CommodoreThe_Commodore Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Eir_SProxies wouldn't reset the vote, the poll will view the account as a completely different person.  Like I said, GW2 losing is not my beef, I've never played Pirate101, it could be amazing, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel something's incredibly fishy here.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  It's too coincidental how alike the posts were that stormed the poll and somehow just managed to beat GW2 in time. Great advertising for KingsIsle, you have to admit. Anyway, it seems a lot of people are enjoying both Pirate101 and GW2 nonetheless, so it's a Merry Christmas............. for now.
       Actually, I checked up on that and this site checks IP addresses, so unless they had quite a lot of computers or just went to friends houses to use theirs or places like where you can use a computer like Best Buy, which is unlikely, you can't really spam the polls.

Originally posted by Corehaven HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  It's a "grown up" thing!  Thanks dad.  Have a pompous day!  Wow.....and are you accusing me of going postal because I was laughing at something?  Does that qualify as "going postal" to you?  I don't think that means what you think it means.  Really.  Because I think its funny that Pirates 101 got players choice game of year you think I have "growing up" to do.  If you are the example of wisdom that personifies what being a "grown up" is I think I'd rather not claim it.  "Its a grown up thing...".  You can't be serious.  You don't actually talk to people like this in real life do you?   Please tell me you don't.  The fact you did to a stranger online is bad enough.  "Maybe you will get there some day or maybe never".  HAHAHAHAHA!  Fantastic.  I will not be getting "there".  The minute I start talking to people about what is the "grown up" thing to do, is the minute you can just bury me.  Alive or not.  Heck I have two kids and I don't even think I'd ever say anything so lame as that to them.  Wow.

Originally posted by Ardu These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.
            -Sigh- People like you infuriate me, you think you are right about everything and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you have the right to make fun of them.  Have you two even tried Pirate101? Don't judge a book by it's cover.   Oh, and btw Ardu, the Quetzal in Wizard101 is based off the Mayan/Aztec God Quetzalcoatl, who is most commonly depiced as a feathered snake, just like the Quetzal in Wizard101. Although in your numerous threads and posts on countless websites(Wizard101 Cental, the Official Wizard101 Message Board Forums, here...) about this matter, whenever anyone tries to get that through your thick skull on any of the sites, you seem to ignore them. Get a life. Stop spamming sites about how Kingsisle disrespects other cultures, and refusing to see other peoples point of view. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I am starting to think you are just a troll and don't even really believe this at all.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

~Mahatma Gandhi

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

This thread turned ugly real fast. It's always the same few.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Ardu

These "players" that voted for Pirate101 haven't really played or experience any other MMOs from different companies. They only know about Wizard101 and Pirate101... Any experienced gamers would tell wich game was truly Game of the Year.

Or people purposely voted for Pirates 101 not because it's a great MMO but simpely because to downgrade GW2 or more specifically any major hyped game that left many dissapointed.  This website is nothing but hate filled rants over MMOs.  Polls here have about as much validility as my nutsacks would in artic sub zero weather.  This whole debaticle is laughable at best.

Suiprised how Neverwinter wasn't in hardly any categories.

Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by Ardu

Or people purposely voted for Pirates 101 not because it's a great MMO but simpely because to downgrade GW2 or more specifically any major hyped game that left many dissapointed.  This website is nothing but hate filled rants over MMOs.  Polls here have about as much validility as my nutsacks would in artic sub zero weather.  This whole debaticle is laughable at best.

Suiprised how Neverwinter wasn't in hardly any categories.

While I agree with you......as far as the analogy goes.....WHAT?  Hahahahahaha! 

• Gamerx21Gamerx21 Member Posts: 5
    Predictible result coming from  the mmorpg.com hipster community  along with the heavy pirate101 campaign. 
  • ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by PiggleWraith

-Sigh- People like you infuriate me, you think you are right about everything and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you have the right to make fun of them.  Have you two even tried Pirate101? Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Oh, and btw Ardu, the Quetzal in Wizard101 is based off the Mayan/Aztec God Quetzalcoatl, who is most commonly depiced as a feathered snake, just like the Quetzal in Wizard101. Although in your numerous threads and posts on countless websites(Wizard101 Cental, the Official Wizard101 Message Board Forums, here...) about this matter, whenever anyone tries to get that through your thick skull on any of the sites, you seem to ignore them. Get a life. Stop spamming sites about how Kingsisle disrespects other cultures, and refusing to see other peoples point of view. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I am starting to think you are just a troll and don't even really believe this at all.

The actual Quetzals are birds species, I don't see an Owl or Hawk being describe as a freaking snake. 

KingsIsle and their community are very ignorant about the actual Quetzals, and they keep using the same excuse about referring to the Aztec god.

Get educated and don't be so ignorant.

I'll say however that I was pretty pleased that Star Citizen got the "rising star" award.  Im seriously interested in that game as well.  I have the origional Wing Commander stored on my external and loved all the Wing Commander games as a kid.  Even the first Wing Commander is still fun to play through, and still my favorite of the WC series.  Can't beat a classic like that. 

The only thing about Star Citizen that depresses me is the long wait until it sees fruition.  I haven't had a gaming joystick in the span of the last decade, as I didn't need it for games like FreeLancer and such.  But I'm seriously thinking about picking one up for Star Citizen some day. 

I just look at the development of Star Citizen as one of those tiny little miracles in the industry of gaming as a whole.  The fact its even being made is kind of mind blowing.  I can't wait to see the end result. 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by cheyinza
    Actually Wizard101 has over 30 million players, so think about how many of those actually tried out Pirate101 as well since it's the same company. You'd be surprised!

It looks like some further clarification is in order.  Wizard 101 does not have 30 million players, they have had 30 million people try the game over the years.  A very, very small percentage of that number became subscribers at some point and the current sub rate is miniscule in comparison to the overall subs they have had altogether.

As I play both pirate 101 and GW2, I can say the population on both games is pretty low.   To say one has a more significant population than the other is misleading as both lack a serious population at this time.   In fact, I have heard  from more than a few people in the know, that Kingisle is currently not happy with the poplulation in Pirate 101 and expected a bigger player base.  Current subs on Wizard 101 are also bordering on the lowest the game has ever had.  You will see a new promotional effort within the next month or two geared toward bringing in more subs into both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101.

The difference in players choosing Pirate 101 over GW2 in this type of vote i believe signicantly revolves around the type of players who play the game and the effort of the manufacturer  to promote the game.  Most people playing GW2 really don't care about this type of thing where I believe the population of pirate 101 cares much more about this type of thing as evidenced by player conversatons and efforts by KI themselves. I received an email from KI to vote and saw more than a few  threads as well.  Either way both games are good games.  Happy Holidays everyone!!

• ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188

No Planetside2?  I claim shenanagans!

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Congratulations to Pirate 101(what is that game?) 

I'm about to go try this game out.

Lol.

Okay I check the website out, I'm sure it's a good game for what it is, no lie, and plus it's player awards, so that's cool, I think each game deserved their rewards from the players on [this] site.

You guys be easy and enjoy life, peace. image

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

congrats P101  :)