Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    This is awesome! P101 wins MMORPG.coms GOTY? I did not see that coming. Congrats to them for taking out GW2.

• KyoniteKyonite Member Posts: 1

Oh my gosh. Every GW2 Fan that is complaining will you sit down for a moment and listen?

Pirate101 is one of the most innovative games out there (Hence why people are surprised about it not winning Most Innovative). 

Pirate101 is also geared towards all ages with a start in FTP and then drifting over to payment gradualy. GW2 was 50$ at my local Walmart. That is outrageous to me.

As someone from the outside looking in GW2 just seems to try to copy Wow (Don't hate me).

However Pirate101 and Wizard101 are both innovative and there aren't many games like them on the market.

Also, not saying GW2 isn't Familty Friendly. (Well yes it is but still...) but Pirate101 and Wizard101 are designed to be Family Friendly. So therefore you might have Dad playing GW2 but both the kids are playing Pirate101 and making him join in.

Let's face it. Pirate101 deserves this title and every butthurt GW2 fan can now go back to xp grinding, while we go battle magical creatures in a flying pirate ship. 

-TheStormedYouth

• tatflametatflame Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I would like to say once again, congrats to all the winners and goodluck in your next awards. That aside, to the ones saying other games paid off their fan base to vote, instead of making false accusations and making yourself look like a child, actually do some investigation. (These comments happen every single time there is a vote, not just this win fyi)  Check out the game. If you dont like it, other people do. Makes it no less better. Everyone has their own opinion. If you doubt that a community can rally for an upset win, check out said community. Look on the forums, twitter, facebook, blogs, fansites.  Chances are, you will find that the game developers didnt pay them off. Listen to what the people that actually play the game have to say. And see just how strong and dedicated that community is. Still not convinced, sit down, and ask yourself wait. Why am I doing this for a game not winning an award? Is it really all that important? Its called sportsmanship people.  Its the bashing types of comments that make your beloved game look bad. And sends new players to play the games you are bashing.  Invite people to try and play your game with open arms, instead of trash talking other games. Makes me cringe to think of the types of communities that foster such behavior, and will keep me away from those games. I see evidence of some wonderful communties here on the forums.  Those that support their games without bashing others, are the ones that I am most inclined to check out. :) 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I have renewed faith that there are more people on this site than our normal posters. Good for P101.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Perhaps some additional information is required.  Kingsisle actively promotesd for their players to vote for their game.  I don't believe the other manufacturers do that.  Its very easy when a link is provided directly to you.  

Pirate 101 is certainly a decent game, but considering the impact and scope of the other games out there, I find it very difficult to consider these results valid as they are intended to be.  As an active pirate 101 players and observer of the games volume in terms of players, the population is significantly lower than other games up for vote in the same category.  I wonder how much different the results would be if say, Arenanet decided they wanted to promote their game for this award.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1

Perhaps some additional information is required.  Kingsisle actively promotesd for their players to vote for their game.  I don't believe the other manufacturers do that.  Its very easy when a link is provided directly to you.  

Pirate 101 is certainly a decent game, but considering the impact and scope of the other games out there, I find it very difficult to consider these results valid as they are intended to be.  As an active pirate 101 players and observer of the games volume in terms of players, the population is significantly lower than other games up for vote in the same category.  I wonder how much different the results would be if say, Arenanet decided they wanted to promote their game for this award.

Promotion as in letting their players know on official forums that their game has been nominated? because GW2 official forums too had a topic about this. A dedicated small community is always better than millions.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    guild wars 2 is a joke and a shell of any game , it has absolutely no depth to it at all. DEs are all the same warhammer and rift public quests just even more static than rift. The combat is 5 skill buttons on a weapon with a few more utility . The pvp is just plan terrible especially the world vs world and lacks any of the depth that DAOC had , copying only the zerge and nothing more trying to just get some sales. Obviously the vocal minority here is the guild wars 2 fans that continue to drop more and more each month even on these forums. they call these polls mmorpg.com  does BS and not real etc but obviously the fans of other games outnumber the few left on these forums still trouting guild wars 2 . Reality is your game is by far not what the mainstream or anyone off of this site thinks is all that great obviously by the amount of people voting game of the year this year and this just proves it yet again. Sorry to sound harsh but the disrespect of polls here because "you" do not like the results is ridiculous and disrespectful to the staff here trying to do things nice for its community here.
  • ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

I totally agree, but hey Guild Wars 2 took Game of the Year award on GAMESPOT. Pirate101 only has a few thousand players compared to the millions of players Guild Wars 2 has.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    It's a players choice award, so if more people play a game or if more people put out the effort to vote for a game, than that game wins.  If people make up accounts to pad the voting, it's still not going to make enough of a difference to worry about. By the way, welcome to MMORPG.com all our new TSW fans!  Anyhow, grats to Pirates 101 and ALL the winners! and congrats to all the nominees as well for being recognized.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Ardu

Perhaps some additional information is required.  Kingsisle actively promotesd for their players to vote for their game.  I don't believe the other manufacturers do that.  Its very easy when a link is provided directly to you.   Pirate 101 is certainly a decent game, but considering the impact and scope of the other games out there, I find it very difficult to consider these results valid as they are intended to be.  As an active pirate 101 players and observer of the games volume in terms of players, the population is significantly lower than other games up for vote in the same category.  I wonder how much different the results would be if say, Arenanet decided they wanted to promote their game for this award.

I totally agree, but hey Guild Wars 2 took Game of the Year award on GamesPot. Pirate101 only has a few thousand players compared to the millions of players Guild Wars 2 has.

Millions yet not enough to win a Players Award - lol.
  • Johnnyboy224Johnnyboy224 Member Posts: 8

I totally agree, but hey Guild Wars 2 took Game of the Year award on GAMESPOT. Pirate101 only has a few thousand players compared to the millions of players Guild Wars 2 has.

So? It isn't a big competition tbh, and GW has been out since 2005, KI's first game was released in 2008. Big difference. I'm sure if KI released Wiz in 2005, we would have many more players also.

• cheyinzacheyinza Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Actually Wizard101 has over 30 million players, so think about how many of those actually tried out Pirate101 as well since it's the same company. You'd be surprised!

-Wizard101 Fan and Owner of StarsoftheSpiral Archive for Wizard101
    http://www.starsofthespiral.pbworks.com

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I always thought wizard101 was a 'p2w' game and I assume as much about pirates. Maybe I am wrong?
  • ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I totally agree, but hey Guild Wars 2 took Game of the Year award on GamesPot. Pirate101 only has a few thousand players compared to the millions of players Guild Wars 2 has.

ArenaNet didn't really promote the voting of this site... I bet if they had GW2 had taken the title. 

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

ArenaNet didn't really promote the voting of this site... I bet if they had GW2 had taken the title. 

All games in any of the categories were free to promote voting on this site,if they chose not to it's because they either didn't think they needed to or don't really care about winning a player's choice award on this site.Hell we've seen fan run voting campaigns on other sites skew resutls just as much in the past.I personally gave my vote to GW2 this year but I'm not gonna whine and carry because someone else won by what ever means.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This is a bad joke.  You can tell a lot of those one post wonders were the SAME PERSON.  Syntax is everything.
    Originally posted by atuerstar

Did any other gaming site even nominate Pirates101 for anything?

No, but this poll was rigged.  Anyone who's been on the internet longer than a year and knows about sock accounts and how they rarely post differently from one another knows what happened here. 

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

GW2 doesnt have Millions of player, the population drop was just huge,  and talking about Active players they have probably less than swtor. And Pirate 101 is more populated than GW2 by the way. 

Originally posted by Eir_S

No, but this poll was rigged.  Anyone who's been on the internet longer than a year and knows about sock accounts and how they rarely post differently from one another knows what happened here. 

Yeah yeah we know.

Only when GW2 wins.... polls are not rigged, critics are not paid, sock puppets accounts are never made......GW2 deserves all the rewards and praise....but if some other MMO wins, integrity of everyone involved is put under a scope.

Tell us something new.

Not all MMO players have account on mmorpg.com. So when a site advertises that their game has been nominated for award...how else you expect players to vote for it without an account?

Ding..ding..common sense.

Originally posted by Zalmon

Yeah yeah we know.

Only when GW2 wins.... polls are not rigged, critics are not paid, sock puppets accounts are never made......GW2 deserves all the rewards and praise....but if some other MMO wins, integrity of everyone involved is put under a scope.

Tell su something new.

You realize I'm not saying this because GW2 lost right?  It's not bullshit because GW2 lost, it's bullshit because it's bullshit.  I know exactly what happened here, and it would be the same no matter what game pulled ahead.  So stow it.

Yeah yeah we know.

Tell su something new.

You realize I'm not saying this because GW2 lost right?  It's not bullshit because GW2 lost, it's bullshit because it's bullshit.  I know exactly what happened here, and it would be the same no matter what game pulled ahead.  So stow it.

Read above what i said in edit post. You are blaming one post accounts for rigged poll? lol

You need to register with mmorpg.com to vote...so ofcourse people who want to vote for pirate 101 are going to make new account. i had to do the same when i needed to vote on gamespot.

Your rant is pointless and hilarious really.

• r3volt97r3volt97 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    congratz to Pirate 101
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by hikaru77

GW2 doesnt have Millions of player, the population drop was just huge,  and talking about Active players they have probably less than swtor. And Pirate 101 is more populated than GW2 by the way. 

No and no.

Yeah yeah we know.

Tell su something new.

Read above what i said in edit post. You are blaming one post accounts for rigged poll? lol

You need to register with mmorpg.com to vote...so ofcourse people who want to vote for pirate 101 are going to make new account. i had to do the same when i needed to vote on gamespot.

What's hilarious is that you believe most of them aren't just the same person with multiple accounts.  Go ahead and read the votes, the syntax is identical in most of them.  Are you going to tell me that you believe this couldn't happen when it's happened since polls on the internet began?  Believe whatever you want.  I'll believe that the mods here need better training on how the internet works.

Yeah yeah we know.

Tell su something new.

What's hilarious is that you believe most of them aren't just the same person with multiple accounts.  Go ahead and read the votes, the syntax is identical in most of them.  Are you going to tell me that you believe this couldn't happen when it's happened since polls on the internet began?  Believe whatever you want.  I'll believe that the mods here need better training on how the internet works.

Do you know that making multiple accounts to vote on any official poll on mmorpg.com is a futile practise? because the score will reset? I bet my as that  MB can confirm what i said here. He has mentioned this before too. That is the reason why it is useless to make multiple accounts to try bring ratings up and down on this website.

However, it brings us back to my earlier point that any MMO which is not GW2 has rigged and dishonest polls. I bet you would be congratulating mmorpg.com and pating their back if GW2 won. You seriously want me or anyone else to believe that you would still make such a drama if GW2 had won? right!

Come on now i wasn't born yesterday.