Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just glanced at the official forums for this.

Ok , I was in early Vanguard beta , the one that had the complete revamp of the game and on to the McQuaid drama at the end etc.

I thought , surely , I will never see any group of fans blindly following a developer and his "vision" as I did there and cheering anything said and denying anything bad.

Here on the War Z forums , good grief. 

Even with Valve to interviews on websites basically proving lies and lack of comptency , there is a following there for this Serg fellow that seems to be the point of cult following , as in Jim Jones level.

At first I thought it was funny and would provide entertainment to see the followers , but then it occurred to me how sad these people must be to have this bad of a lack of judgement.

Then I went back to thinking it was funny , couldnt help it.

(Just hoping these folks arent like this on matters/decisions that really matter in their lives though )

Comments

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Probably all alts of the dev team.

No?

Oh come on! noone would be suprised! 

There are always those who refuse to conform, you could tell someone being mugged in the street that they are being mugged in the street and they still wouldnt believe you. Or that god doesnt exist but ... oh wait. nvm.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I agree posting false info on their product wasn't a smart move, and even they admit it. And rightly so Steam stopped selling WarZ and people asked for refund of the game. But what puzzles me is why are those people coming onto these forums, they don't play the game, they seem to hate it with a passion which is over the top, usually people move on and play something else.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Jorl

I agree posting false info on their product wasn't a smart move, and even they admit it. And rightly so Steam stopped selling WarZ and people asked for refund of the game. But what puzzles me is why are those people coming onto these forums, they don't play the game, they seem to hate it with a passion which is over the top, usually people move on and play something else.

maybe because when some idiot like him does something seriously shady people get pissed about it and want the word to spread ? Seriously if you want to get ripped off be my guest and dont be surprised later down the road when the next debacle is taking extra credit card payments and its a "bug" or something....... Im seriously glad wholeheartedly that people come to this site and others to spread the shady actions of companies and devs because if they didnt people would continue to buy things blindly without knowing just what a POS that guy really is . I personally hope the guy loses his business over all of this and the comments he made months ago calling his own playerbase names. Everytime i read his posts he reminds me of a used car salesman or timeshare seller....

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Ok , I was in early Vanguard beta , the one that had the complete revamp of the game and on to the McQuaid drama at the end etc.

I thought , surely , I will never see any group of fans blindly following a developer and his "vision" as I did there and cheering anything said and denying anything bad.

Here on the War Z forums , good grief. 

Even with Valve to interviews on websites basically proving lies and lack of comptency , there is a following there for this Serg fellow that seems to be the point of cult following , as in Jim Jones level.

At first I thought it was funny and would provide entertainment to see the followers , but then it occurred to me how sad these people must be to have this bad of a lack of judgement.

Then I went back to thinking it was funny , couldnt help it.

(Just hoping these folks arent like this on matters/decisions that really matter in their lives though )

its strange you bring vanguard up because that game was totally unplayable at release.not sure how bad this game is but it sounds the same..the irony is is that mcquaid is back working on that game and possibly eq next..not sure about the last bit..but here's the thing.people set there hearts on something and they so want it to work so they believe.

now back to vanguard 5 yrs after release.it has a cult following and people will defend this game to the death.and rightly so..any game that can come through a shitstorm like vanguard did and survive deserves praise.now you never know this game might be just another vanguard..it maybe not for me or you.but you never know

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I was going to buy WarZ but not after reading what people are saying.

Id still buy it over playing SWTOR , but either way Im not purchasing it.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• robthemaniacrobthemaniac Member Posts: 57

I was also one of those blind Vanguard followers, and yes, I fell hard for WarZ.

The difference forf me is that VG was unplayable as someone mentioned before. The War Z is playable and quite entertaining, it's just missing 50% of what the Devs had promised would be in the game.

It's the equivilant of VG talking up the political system so much all the time, and then it just isn't in the game. It's not that it sucks and no one wants to play it, it just isn't there. 

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in these developers @ Hammerpoint to follow up on some of the more enticing features that were promised, but I do think people will look back in ~6 months and see a game that is ready to be out of beta and pretty enjoyable, especially since there is little else to play from the zombie/survival genre. 

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Yeah, the company messed up the image for this game way to much. I think it will keep a "good" playerbase (Whatever you consider good I guess), but i do not think it will be getting a whole lot more people. Unless they make it free to play or something, new people are not going to come to it. I think it is a good "side-game" ( I play it like once every week or two with my vent friends), but its not going to expand. Then again, alot of people do not go on Mmorpg.com or massively or anything. 
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by robthemaniac

I was also one of those blind Vanguard followers, and yes, I fell hard for WarZ.

The difference forf me is that VG was unplayable as someone mentioned before. The War Z is playable and quite entertaining, it's just missing 50% of what the Devs had promised would be in the game.

It's the equivilant of VG talking up the political system so much all the time, and then it just isn't in the game. It's not that it sucks and no one wants to play it, it just isn't there. 

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in these developers @ Hammerpoint to follow up on some of the more enticing features that were promised, but I do think people will look back in ~6 months and see a game that is ready to be out of beta and pretty enjoyable, especially since there is little else to play from the zombie/survival genre. 

I agree with your end point ( Never played VG) to a degree. I do think they will add some-most ( Not all), but there is Day-Z (never played it---Don't know how good/bad it is) and there may be other zombie games. Who knows.

• robthemaniacrobthemaniac Member Posts: 57
    I haven't played Day Z either, but it's my understanding that a stand-a-lone version will be coming out sooner than later. I'll be giving that a try I'm sure, but I wonder how it will effect WarZ
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by cronius77

maybe because when some idiot like him does something seriously shady people get pissed about it and want the word to spread ? Seriously if you want to get ripped off be my guest and dont be surprised later down the road when the next debacle is taking extra credit card payments and its a "bug" or something....... Im seriously glad wholeheartedly that people come to this site and others to spread the shady actions of companies and devs because if they didnt people would continue to buy things blindly without knowing just what a POS that guy really is . I personally hope the guy loses his business over all of this and the comments he made months ago calling his own playerbase names. Everytime i read his posts he reminds me of a used car salesman or timeshare seller....

I got an example right here, many people like this fellow don't play the game but still visit the WarZ section forums... sounds like some one needs a new hobby. I don't believe I'm getting ripped off by playing this game, I'm enjoying it. Yeah if it closes then at least I got my £20 pounds worth out of it. ;)

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by cronius77

I got an example right here, many people like this fellow don't play the game but still visit the WarZ section forums... sounds like some one needs a new hobby. I don't believe I'm getting ripped off by playing this game, I'm enjoying it. Yeah if it closes then at least I got my £20 pounds worth out of it. ;)

You can't see how  someone would be glad to find out ahead of time how shady the company and dev is and thus choose not to purchase it ?

There's no way I would want to support this liar/imcompetent dev now , was mildly interested before , but thanks to the Steam/IGN exposures of him and his company and forum posts on the official forums from  players who have bought the pack and are warning others not to etc I know better now.

Sounds like you want folks to only say good things about your game , and dont grasp people do research games to find out bad and good to see what theyd like to spend their money on , any item besides games for that matter.

Personally I'm glad to see other sites like IGN , and Valve , and here on mmorpg exposing companies like Hammer and Serg. They deserve the beatdown they are getting over their actions and attempts to lie and cover things up.

MMORPG companies have been shovelling shit for the last few years too much , but this one took it to a new level.

You enjoyed it great , good for you. But you not being able to see how it news and forum worthy when a mmorpg dev gets exposed for multiple lies , and gets kicked of Steam because of how crappy they are ? That's fanboy blinders to the extreme.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by robthemaniac
    I haven't played Day Z either, but it's my understanding that a stand-a-lone version will be coming out sooner than later. I'll be giving that a try I'm sure, but I wonder how it will effect WarZ

War Z iss the MMO {Kind Of} and Day Z is A Mod for Arma 2, Witch is MP like COD and will have SP also.

Day Z is Still in Beta.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    They should change their company from hammerpoint to scammerpoint lol
This discussion has been closed.