Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Just When You Think It Can't Get Worse....

1235»

Comments

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by elvenwolf
    Originally posted by creedgaming

The game was sold with you knowing it wasn't ready it was sold in beta how dumb are you?

How original was World of warcrap , not original at all.... It was a Ultima online knockoff in ever sense of the world..... How original was Call of duty ; Not very original at all..... 

I got a feeling almost all of you come from Xbox gaming...  

You mean the fact that it was a "release" or the fact that on teh steam page tehre was nothing to point to the fact the game was in that alpha state that the developers desperately want to call beta?

If the game wasn't ready why are they even trying to sell it? Why there was anywhere on the page a disclaimer "This game is in a sorry state, we should not even call it beta but we are selling it" ?

I checked the WarZ site, in NO part of it , especially on the "Buy" page is a disclaimer the game is still in beta.

the only disclaimer present is a "PC only" game.

So again, how is this not a scam?

Games are being sold daily in beta ; actually thats what has made Kickstarter so sucessful , how the genre started with Ultima Online started you paid $5 to be a tester..... (Got nothing in return FYI) ... You paid just to test the game... Didn't actually get the game....

Game that are sold in a beta state are clearly stated to be in beta, games on a kickstarter page are clearly told are "Projects" or being only on al alpha state, if even there, for that part games on a kickstarter page sometime are just clearly presented as "ideas".

When the interviewer tried to ask about that, he had pratcally pry from the developer that the game was "developing" 

Sorry but as i said, they tried to sell features that were not in teh game, i am sorry your job is in danger now, or you risk to face charges but do not change the facts.

Sure we can say that about anything, my car was developing from the moment they mined the raw materials to the moment they assembled it .

Of course when  i boght my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

No because the car was sold with the implication that it was complete , and there wasn't big print on Chevy , Fords , Nissan or w/es website saying BETA in big letters.... 

Maybe you should read again my post, i am starting to think you suffer of "Selective comprehension disorder" 

But i will spell it for you again.

When you buy a car, you go to a car seller, of any branch it may be, and you see a finished product, you buy it, and you receive it.

The product include usually a functional moving veichle , it might have accessories or not, but is a finished roduct, the product might be somehow damaged, if so, you ask for a replecement.

Applying this to WarZ, and i'll type it slowly so you might get it...

Is like i go to a car seller, i point a car, then when it got delivered i got only the body, no engine, no lights,  no wheels.

This is WarZ

They promised a car, clearly promised  a car, without any doubt promised me a car, and i got only a part of it, not really functional even.

Nowhere on the page, on steam or anywhere else it states the game is in beta.

Then thats steams problem , WarZ official site said BETA in big letters , or maybe the onus you to check the official site rather then being a dipshit...

As someone else pointed too, nowhere says it is in beta, of course now you have an excuse, go and change the page, at least if this happen, we'll be warning others of the real state of the game.

Go, change the main page, off you go 

The post on the Steam site were NOT Steam's Wording, It was posted straight for the Dev's. Official site doesn't say Beta. And if it did, when they released it for sale on Steam, The Devs Didn't state Beta. And straight from the Dev's on their interview, they said it is NOT a Beta.

• Hirocan1Hirocan1 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Carilli
    http://thewarz.com/ no where says beta

Cause it aint in beta anymore duh.... That was on there forever....

Well you your self said it was beta right? Well when it came out on steam the was nothing saying it was in beta on its site or steam.

Originally posted by WonderweissM
    Originally posted by k44mos

Mr creedgaming, for future reference “boss”,

I might want to put into perspective a couple of things that you might have skipped during “REAL LIFE INC.” training:

- when you promise CORE ELEMENTS for a product and that product is released without the CORE ELEMENTS, you have mislead the CUSTOMERS

- when you lack the CORE ELEMENTS, you must at least be a decent HUMAN BEING and treat your customers with RESPECT

- when you don’t treat your CUSTOMERS with RESPECT and lack CORE ELEMENTS for a released product, you will be ARSE FRACKED

Hope you enjoyed it boss.

Technically its not a released game. Your arguement might be " It is released but they are calling it beta", but it could very well just be beta. Not trying to debate you, just my opinion.

STOP! The DEVS said. The War Z is in stage when we're ready to stop call it Beta. This is basic version - bones that we're going to add more and more "meat" - features and content in a coming months and hopefully years.

So NO it's NOT BETA

Originally posted by Hirocan1

Well you your self said it was beta right? Well when it came out on steam the was nothing saying it was in beta on its site or steam.

It changed from Beta to Release when they took Beta off of there official site.... Don't give  2 shits about what steam page says...

Steam posts what the Devs give them.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Folks, just report creedgaming for trolling and move on; the staff will take care of him.

If it isn't obvious, you are wasting your time trying to present him with facts he clearly refuses to accept.  Your time is precious, use it for more important things.

To be on topic: Glad to see this game continuing to fail.  I've never played it, nor do I have any intention to (though I still am interested in DayZ), but the way the developers have handled the game and the controversy surrounding it are absolutely horrible.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Warz hasn't scammed anyone.... You're a idiot... Tell me how they've scammed you... They sold you a product you willingly paid money for....

Sold a game with false pretenses, false advertising, lying about being in developement over 2 yrs when all facts point otherwise. That's scamming.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

It changed from Beta to Release when they took Beta off of there official site.... Don't give  2 shits about what steam page says...

Yes! It doesnt't matter what steam, the #1 digital distribution platform says, YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW ALREADY THAT THESE FEATURES ARENT THERE!  People..man so dumb to read something and expect it../sarcasm off

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Originally posted by Nonderyon
    Isnt it better when they make a game named as (randomly pick) Zombie War (...or something like that) and make official kickstarter stating they are low on budget instead of this mess?

Honestly, I hink if they tried to do a kickstarter, EVERYONE would assume that they are truly a scam and they are just tring to get money. I deffinitly would not give them any more money than I have (25$) and I dont think alot of other people would.

It's the people who still don't think they are a scam, who think it'll work out in the end that are the pinnacle of scam targets.

The kind of people who continuously send money to Nigeria expecting a big payoff once the "taxes" and "documents" have been taken care of.  Then when they have used all their money, and used all the money of their church, and their wealthy Nigerian businessman stops contacting them, is when they go on Dateline to complain.

Sergey - Nigerian Businessman from LA

So now you are going to insult the people that play War Z. They are making a game, scam or not, and people are playing a game, scam or not. They are actually recieving a product and are enjoying it. There is no reason to insult a playerbase if they are enjoying what they are doing.

Yeah I forgot that so long as you have fun playing a game it doesn't matter if the company making it is trying to scam people out of their money.  I mean who cares if others fall victim, so long as you have fun playing it.  It's cool to play games despite being very much against the company that makes them.

It sounds like you'd love to play a game that was made by a company that used the money to fund their human traffiking ring.  Because who cares its fun right?

So now i like to watch people suffer, and i would pay for child trafficing.  You know me so well.

Some people do hate the company that makes the game. Alot of people hate AV. Alot of people hate blizzard. Its just a thing that happens.

I like to believe that they are slowly working on the things they said they are. If they don't then it sucks for the people, but some people might not care if that is what happens. Not everyone considers this gam a scam, btw. They are not blind or stupid, they just accept it for how it is.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Giddian
    Originally posted by k44mos

Mr creedgaming, for future reference “boss”,

I might want to put into perspective a couple of things that you might have skipped during “REAL LIFE INC.” training:

- when you promise CORE ELEMENTS for a product and that product is released without the CORE ELEMENTS, you have mislead the CUSTOMERS

- when you lack the CORE ELEMENTS, you must at least be a decent HUMAN BEING and treat your customers with RESPECT

- when you don’t treat your CUSTOMERS with RESPECT and lack CORE ELEMENTS for a released product, you will be ARSE FRACKED

Hope you enjoyed it boss.

Technically its not a released game. Your arguement might be " It is released but they are calling it beta", but it could very well just be beta. Not trying to debate you, just my opinion.

STOP! The DEVS said. The War Z is in stage when we're ready to stop call it Beta. This is basic version - bones that we're going to add more and more "meat" - features and content in a coming months and hopefully years.

So NO it's NOT BETA

I might be wrong, but I think they moved from alpha to beta at the end of november.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

I think this comes down to a couple of things is what i'm hearing from the few of you , One the maps weren't the size the Steam page said ....  Player ammounts were suppose to be 100 at launch.... You bought a game pre-beta - beta subject to change , now whining about things changing from the original quote.... Seems pretty silly to me but if you don't take my word for it...

Ultima Online - Necromancy was quoted on the box that was sold in stores , didnt make it in for 5 years...

Close Combat - Multiplayer features that weren't functioning 

Diablo 3 - Real money auction house wasn't working at launch even though that was part of the sale...

Clearly these games weren't scams....

Well, considering it was never indentified as alpha or beta on Steam when it went up for sale - it was advertised as released, that's pretty much the fucking definition of a scam you troll. If you read a single thread on any gaming site about WarZ you'd know the story, instead you just sit here and ignorantly try to blame the customer instead of the devs. Maybe if you had an inkling of what you were talking about you'd have an argument, instead you just sound like an asshole.

as far as Is steam wrong for what was posted about the Game

GameSpy: Who is responsible for updating the Steam page text? Hammerpoint or Valve?

PR Rep
    : They do the actual updates based on info we send.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Given what the MMO population has put up with from publisher over the past few years, a scam like this isn't surprising.

I'm always surprised by the posts that essentially say, 'who cares if you lost (10-60) dollars?' as if being ripped off was ok just because the amount of money is relatively small. 

The MMO community is a target rich environment for scammers.

• Hirocan1Hirocan1 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Deddpool

Yes! It doesnt't matter what steam, the #1 digital distribution platform says, YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW ALREADY THAT THESE FEATURES ARENT THERE!  People..man so dumb to read something and expect it../sarcasm off

And no it doesn't matter there the #1 distribution platform , nor does the #1 publisher matter , Remember when Sierra was the #1 publisher in North America.... Wheres Sierra today? Deader then kelseys nuts....

Ah creed you contradicting your self here a little. You said that it was still in beta when the game was relesed on steam. But now your saying it was not in beta. Because they took the "IN BETA" thing down. So it was not and beta right? But still didn't deliver any of the things it said it would.  That a "full release" should have.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Nonderyon
    Isnt it better when they make a game named as (randomly pick) Zombie War (...or something like that) and make official kickstarter stating they are low on budget instead of this mess?

Honestly, I hink if they tried to do a kickstarter, EVERYONE would assume that they are truly a scam and they are just tring to get money. I deffinitly would not give them any more money than I have (25$) and I dont think alot of other people would.

It's the people who still don't think they are a scam, who think it'll work out in the end that are the pinnacle of scam targets.

The kind of people who continuously send money to Nigeria expecting a big payoff once the "taxes" and "documents" have been taken care of.  Then when they have used all their money, and used all the money of their church, and their wealthy Nigerian businessman stops contacting them, is when they go on Dateline to complain.

Sergey - Nigerian Businessman from LA

So now you are going to insult the people that play War Z. They are making a game, scam or not, and people are playing a game, scam or not. They are actually recieving a product and are enjoying it. There is no reason to insult a playerbase if they are enjoying what they are doing.

Yeah I forgot that so long as you have fun playing a game it doesn't matter if the company making it is trying to scam people out of their money.  I mean who cares if others fall victim, so long as you have fun playing it.  It's cool to play games despite being very much against the company that makes them.

It sounds like you'd love to play a game that was made by a company that used the money to fund their human traffiking ring.  Because who cares its fun right?

So now i like to watch people suffer, and i would pay for child trafficing.  You know me so well.

Some people do hate the company that makes the game. Alot of people hate AV. Alot of people hate blizzard. Its just a thing that happens.

I like to believe that they are slowly working on the things they said they are. If they don't then it sucks for the people, but some people might not care if that is what happens. Not everyone considers this gam a scam, btw. They are not blind or stupid, they just accept it for how it is.

I'm not saying it is about disliking the game or disliking the company.  It's about taking a stand against unethical scammers!  Not all of War Z players are bad.  Some might not realize that the game is a fraud, and that's fine.  But you by posting in this thread with its numerous links to sites reporting on this should know better.  Yet you continue to support the company with not only your posts, but your playing their game.

You are directly supporting a fraudulent company because you just want to play games.

Fucking pathetic.

Not all War Z players, not the trolls, but you who support it when knowing better.  You're fucking pathetic.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    Originally posted by kartool

I think this comes down to a couple of things is what i'm hearing from the few of you , One the maps weren't the size the Steam page said ....  Player ammounts were suppose to be 100 at launch.... You bought a game pre-beta - beta subject to change , now whining about things changing from the original quote.... Seems pretty silly to me but if you don't take my word for it...

Ultima Online - Necromancy was quoted on the box that was sold in stores , didnt make it in for 5 years...

Close Combat - Multiplayer features that weren't functioning 

Diablo 3 - Real money auction house wasn't working at launch even though that was part of the sale...

Clearly these games weren't scams....

Well, considering it was never indentified as alpha or beta on Steam when it went up for sale - it was advertised as released, that's pretty much the fucking definition of a scam you troll. If you read a single thread on any gaming site about WarZ you'd know the story, instead you just sit here and ignorantly try to blame the customer instead of the devs. Maybe if you had an inkling of what you were talking about you'd have an argument, instead you just sound like an asshole.

A scam is taking someones posessions , scammers don't offer your posessions back to you.... Obvious you're a idiot... Perhaps a Dayz fan boy.... Perhaps a Xbox 360 gamer who likes to blow his load on those analog sticks... Got me but you're a idiot....

Dude, you're the idiot for blindly defending a game that was released unfinished in an alpha state and marketed as a finished product. If that isn't a scam, I don't know what is. It's losers like you who support a company like this that makes gaming worse for everyone. You want to call everyone else out as console gamers for some reason - ooh big insult there, when it's douchebags like you that are making PC gaming worse for everyone. Instead of being able to objectively look at a shit heap like WarZ you just defend it and call anyone who disagrees with you names. Go grow a pube or two and come back when your voice stops cracking little boy.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Since we can't keep civil with this topic and the thread has already flown wildly off the rails I am going to go ahead and lock this comment thread. Sorry guys!
This discussion has been closed.