Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Player's Choice Winner Announcement

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We asked for your votes on the top games of 2012, and you gave them to us. After nearly 100,000 votes, these are the games you voted as the best of the year. The winners may surprise you.  Read on to see the results!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• pookirpookir Member UncommonPosts: 72
    gz winners and funs
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I'm suprised P101 and TESO won it...... I would've thought DarkFall Unholy wars would recieve more anticipation.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

ahahahahaaaaaaaa!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Congrats to KingsIsle, one of the hardest working development houses out there! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    lol Pirate101.
  • LorishaLorisha Member UncommonPosts: 21
    This is hilarious!  Pirate 101 I would expect something like that winning on a site like MMOBOMB but not on MMORPG.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's like this: if you're running for office, you won't expect to win without a little campaigning, right? Well, KingsIsle campaigned harder than the other guys. That's for sure.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Hahahaha Pirate 101. Hilarious.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Congrats to Pirates101 -- you guys did a great job of getting out the vote; may now have to go check this game out 

Big blow to the GW2 and TSW folks, but hey, looks like we're not the only players who are enthusiastic about our games.  ;)

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    It's like this: if you're running for office, you won't expect to win without a little campaigning, right? Well, KingsIsle campaigned harder than the other guys. That's for sure.

Besides Pirate101 being a fantastic MMORPG.. kid or adult. It is BY FAR the more fun of the titles that were chosen for this years lineup. And yes they DID run a very good campaign! There are alot of us who really enjoy the humor, the battles and the in-depth design both on ship and off ship! The pvp is AWESOME!

Gratz to Kings Isle!!

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    whatever. gw2 is my mmo of the year, and that's all i care about. :)
  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Are you bloody kidding me? Pirate101?! I played that and it definitely wasn't anywhere near GotY quality!!! It is not a good game; it's buggy, has dated-looking graphics, has the overall feel of a F2P game when it is B2P or possibly sub, and the turn-based combat has some serious issues at times! Epic fail of a poll!

Where's the any key?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Are you bloody kidding me? Pirate101?! I played that and it definitely wasn't anywhere near GotY quality!!! It is not a good game; it's buggy, has dated-looking graphics, has the overall feel of a F2P game when it is B2P or possibly sub, and the turn-based combat has some serious issues at times! Epic fail of a poll!

If anything, it's an epic success of a poll.  We asked folks to vote, and P101's players came out to represent their game more than anyone else did. They deserve a congrats for having such a passionate fan-base.  

My Review Manifesto

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I guess I should go look at pirate 101, I got to say they got a lot of folks who like them. ON a liter note take a look at who did not win, now that gave me a good chuckle.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    What the heck, I've never considered this title before now I'll going to have to look at Pirate 101.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    All the other games were free to launch voting campaigns like Pirate101 did so congrats to KingIsle ! If even one person tries out Pirates101 because of winning in this poll thne the campiagn was certianly worth it for them as it didn't cost thme anything but a small amount of posting time.
  • LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Gratulations are in order! A surprising result, but I like a surprise.

For me Pirates 101 was completely off the radar, will need to have a look at it.

Gratulations again - and I have to admit that a little bit of Schadenfreude is in there too ...

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Hahahaha Pirate 101. Hilarious.

This is poll about which MMO has more active and bigger fanbase. I know you wanted GW2 to win but that is how life is. Can't win everything.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Gratz to Pirate101.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

the marathon sprint toward irrelevancy is nearing completion.

Stay classy MMORPG.com

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

So funny to see GW2 fans getting upset.

Congrats Pirate 101.

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42

pirate 101 ??? i will check that game -.-

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    ha! i love it the guild wars 2 fans are going to be crying for 100s of replays here its awesome. Pirate 101 grats to your fanbase and screw the haters here that should of gotten their playerbases out to vote. Obviously you deserve it more than guild wars 2 as you have a much more passionate community.