Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Just When You Think It Can't Get Worse....

Comments

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by elvenwolf
    Originally posted by creedgaming

The game was sold with you knowing it wasn't ready it was sold in beta how dumb are you?

How original was World of warcrap , not original at all.... It was a Ultima online knockoff in ever sense of the world..... How original was Call of duty ; Not very original at all..... 

I got a feeling almost all of you come from Xbox gaming...  

You mean the fact that it was a "release" or the fact that on teh steam page tehre was nothing to point to the fact the game was in that alpha state that the developers desperately want to call beta?

If the game wasn't ready why are they even trying to sell it? Why there was anywhere on the page a disclaimer "This game is in a sorry state, we should not even call it beta but we are selling it" ?

I checked the WarZ site, in NO part of it , especially on the "Buy" page is a disclaimer the game is still in beta.

the only disclaimer present is a "PC only" game.

So again, how is this not a scam?

Games are being sold daily in beta ; actually thats what has made Kickstarter so sucessful , how the genre started with Ultima Online started you paid $5 to be a tester..... (Got nothing in return FYI) ... You paid just to test the game... Didn't actually get the game....

Game that are sold in a beta state are clearly stated to be in beta, games on a kickstarter page are clearly told are "Projects" or being only on al alpha state, if even there, for that part games on a kickstarter page sometime are just clearly presented as "ideas".

When the interviewer tried to ask about that, he had pratcally pry from the developer that the game was "developing" 

Sorry but as i said, they tried to sell features that were not in teh game, i am sorry your job is in danger now, or you risk to face charges but do not change the facts.

Sure we can say that about anything, my car was developing from the moment they mined the raw materials to the moment they assembled it .

Of course when  i boght my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

No because the car was sold with the implication that it was complete , and there wasn't big print on Chevy , Fords , Nissan or w/es website saying BETA in big letters.... 

Maybe you should read again my post, i am starting to think you suffer of "Selective comprehension disorder" 

But i will spell it for you again.

When you buy a car, you go to a car seller, of any branch it may be, and you see a finished product, you buy it, and you receive it.

The product include usually a functional moving veichle , it might have accessories or not, but is a finished roduct, the product might be somehow damaged, if so, you ask for a replecement.

Applying this to WarZ, and i'll type it slowly so you might get it...

Is like i go to a car seller, i point a car, then when it got delivered i got only the body, no engine, no lights,  no wheels.

This is WarZ

They promised a car, clearly promised  a car, without any doubt promised me a car, and i got only a part of it, not really functional even.

Nowhere on the page, on steam or anywhere else it states the game is in beta.

A Quote

From Sergey Titov: The War Z is in stage when we're ready to stop call it Beta. This is basic version - bones that we're going to add more and more "meat" - features and content in a coming months and hopefully years.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Thane
    Warz hasn't scammed anyone.... You're a idiot... Tell me how they've scammed you... They sold you a product you willingly paid money for....

+1

also i think it should have been the other way round, i think war Z is in work for some more years than the movie which isn't even out yet afaik.

Erm...the book the movie is based on came out in 2006. That was also called World War Z. So yeah....not likely...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Warz hasn't scammed anyone.... You're a idiot... Tell me how they've scammed you... They sold you a product you willingly paid money for....

Did you actually read the *original* text on Steam?...

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Did you actually read the *original* text on Steam?...

i might add as well that "a product you willingly paid money for" would be part of the definition for a 'scam'.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I normally don't care about game industry politics and all this stuff. I just care about the games. I will say that watching this games situation has been pretty entertaining though. This is like the final nail in the coffin. It's strangely satisfying to watch this game burn.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Giddian

Game that are sold in a beta state are clearly stated to be in beta, games on a kickstarter page are clearly told are "Projects" or being only on al alpha state, if even there, for that part games on a kickstarter page sometime are just clearly presented as "ideas".

When the interviewer tried to ask about that, he had pratcally pry from the developer that the game was "developing" 

Sorry but as i said, they tried to sell features that were not in teh game, i am sorry your job is in danger now, or you risk to face charges but do not change the facts.

Sure we can say that about anything, my car was developing from the moment they mined the raw materials to the moment they assembled it .

Of course when  i boght my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

No because the car was sold with the implication that it was complete , and there wasn't big print on Chevy , Fords , Nissan or w/es website saying BETA in big letters.... 

Maybe you should read again my post, i am starting to think you suffer of "Selective comprehension disorder" 

When you buy a car, you go to a car seller, of any branch it may be, and you see a finished product, you buy it, and you receive it.

The product include usually a functional moving veichle , it might have accessories or not, but is a finished roduct, the product might be somehow damaged, if so, you ask for a replecement.

Is like i go to a car seller, i point a car, then when it got delivered i got only the body, no engine, no lights,  no wheels.

This is WarZ

They promised a car, clearly promised  a car, without any doubt promised me a car, and i got only a part of it, not really functional even.

A Quote

From Sergey Titov: The War Z is in stage when we're ready to stop call it Beta. This is basic version - bones that we're going to add more and more "meat" - features and content in a coming months and hopefully years.

And, that being from the interview in which the interviewer had to use a prybar to get some answers.

And IF he added that to the steam page, OR i could find that anywhere on the page that sell the game on the warz site, then i'd be ok with it.

BUT seeing that they tried to sell the game stating features where in on a steam page, then, i sitll call them scammers.

Probably Sergey Titov should not try to sell cars no more then he should try to develope games.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

The game was sold with you knowing it wasn't ready it was sold in beta how dumb are you?

How original was World of warcrap , not original at all.... It was a Ultima online knockoff in ever sense of the world..... How original was Call of duty ; Not very original at all..... 

You mean the fact that it was a "release" or the fact that on teh steam page tehre was nothing to point to the fact the game was in that alpha state that the developers desperately want to call beta?

If the game wasn't ready why are they even trying to sell it? Why there was anywhere on the page a disclaimer "This game is in a sorry state, we should not even call it beta but we are selling it" ?

I checked the WarZ site, in NO part of it , especially on the "Buy" page is a disclaimer the game is still in beta.

Games are being sold daily in beta ; actually thats what has made Kickstarter so sucessful , how the genre started with Ultima Online started you paid $5 to be a tester..... (Got nothing in return FYI) ... You paid just to test the game... Didn't actually get the game....

The thing is it's the year 2012 not 1997, things have moved on quite a bit from those days where you could count the amount of MMO's available on 1 finger, so ppl either took it or left it, and as it was something completely new and innovative you had good reason to get excited and jump in with both feet before looking.

Now in 2012 we have literally hundreds of MMO's to choose from, the competition is immense for your hard earned cash, crap still manages to get released that should be consigned to the bin but in general MMO's are released in a far far better condition than they used to be, they HAVE to be if they want to keep players, becuase no money coming in = a soon to be cancelled game, simple cold hard facts, I can't think of any MMO that is a charity (though I may be wrong).

Now your trying to use the excuses of developers back in 1997 to explain the state of an MMO that was created for 2012, those excuses don't cut it anymore, there are just too many MMO's out there to waste breath and money on an unfinished product, especially a product that has to mislead customers to buy it in the first place, just like the Victorian Freak shows advertising the lost Mermaid of Atlantis, you paid your Shilling, crammed into a small dimly lit tent to find a scantily clad woman laying in a bath with a poorly made fish tail stuck to her legs, then you where hurried on out before you realised the con.

Time will tell what will happen to this MMO, but I don't believe it will be a rosy future, it's just had far too much bad publicity and gamers have very long memories.

I expect you'll continue to defend the game, you definately look to be in the minority, your like the soldier in the parade, he is out of step with everyone else around him, yet he believes it's everyone else thats out of step with him.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

to people whining about 10$: get a job

who cares what the game is called

who cares when they deliver the 400 square mile map

I gave twice this money to beggar today because it´s christmas and he looked hungry.

it´s just frickin paper, in a few months your precious US $ will go through a devalution, a sandwich will cost 100$ or more, mark my words

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Wow this is better than popcorn at the movies. First they release on steam, and get taken of steam due to fraud. Now they lost the name of their game to copyright infringement.  They might as well shutdown.  

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

This is WarZ

A Quote

And, that being from the interview in which the interviewer had to use a prybar to get some answers.

And IF he added that to the steam page, OR i could find that anywhere on the page that sell the game on the warz site, then i'd be ok with it.

BUT seeing that they tried to sell the game stating features where in on a steam page, then, i sitll call them scammers.

Probably Sergey Titov should not try to sell cars no more then he should try to develope games.

My point was Even under the Dev's Admision, This is Not a Beta. So the features should be there, not in development.

Expanding, not finishing the original game.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Wow this is better than popcorn at the movies. First they release on steam, and get taken of steam due to fraud. Now they lost the name of their game to copyright infringement.  They might as well shutdown.  

It might just happen, when his mum finds out what he's been upto in the basement without her permission, she'll turn off the electric supply and then thats it.

Originally posted by FromHell

I gave twice this money to beggar today because it´s christmas and he looked hungry.

it´s just frickin paper, in a few months your precious US $ will go through a devalution, a sandwich will cost 100$ or more, mark my words

Obviously many must care or Valve wouldn't have pulled it from Steam. Although none of this had anything to do with the name debacle far as why people are upset. Simply more amusement to add to the comedy.

Love the unnecessary rant about US currency thrown in as well. Suppose when you're already in left field may as well go all the way.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

It is well documented that they launched without most of the features they promised.

You sir, or madam are the idiot.

Edit: included madam, as to not offend.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Obviously many must care or Valve wouldn't have pulled it from Steam. Although none of this had anything to do with the name debacle far as why people are upset. Simply more amusement to add to the comedy.

Love the unnecessary rant about US currency thrown in as well. Suppose when you're already in left field may as well go all the way.

left field? you want to insult my intelligence?

forget political classifactions.

The New World Order is coming and it´s neither left nor right, that is just a pity concept planted in your mind.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

This is WarZ

A Quote

My point was Even under the Dev's Admision, This is Not a Beta. So the features should be there, not in development.

Expanding, not finishing the original game.

My apologies, i misread the intention of hte post.

My thanks for it, Sergei himself do not consider the steam version of the game a beta. 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

left field? you want to insult my intelligence?

forget political classifactions.

The New World Order is coming and it´s neither left nor right, that is just a pity concept planted in your mind.

MOARCONSPIRACIES! MOARCONSPIRACIES!

/run xmas_entertainment

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• bmorrisonbmorrison Member UncommonPosts: 19

Erm...the book the movie is based on came out in 2006. That was also called World War Z. So yeah....not likely...

and the book is completely different than how the movie looks based on the trailer.

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37

Wow, this is good entertainment and it's free.  So, what's next?  Perhaps they'll rip of some other popular name.  How about War of the RoZes? 

Ok, yes, I see the door.  I'll just be going now....:D

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    New name idea: Shoot shoot bang bang with zombies.
  • CarilliCarilli Member UncommonPosts: 41
    http://thewarz.com/ no where says beta
    Originally posted by bmorrison

and the book is completely different than how the movie looks based on the trailer.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Originally posted by chelan

MOARCONSPIRACIES! MOARCONSPIRACIES!

/run xmas_entertainment

Lol

This seriously just keeps getting better and better

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    What false pretenses please do tell

Dozens of skills to spend XP on.

Map that is 100km to 400km in size when it has been clearly shown to be 72km

Private servers - not int he game yet.

Seriously dude, dont let your fanboism blind you.  Sergy purposely created a sales page with FALSE information.  Not only was he told to fix it but after valve dug into the issue further, they dropped the game off steam.  That didnt happen because the game was awesome. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

This is WarZ

Then thats steams problem , WarZ official site said BETA in big letters , or maybe the onus you to check the official site rather then being a dipshit...

As someone else pointed too, nowhere says it is in beta, of course now you have an excuse, go and change the page, at least if this happen, we'll be warning others of the real state of the game.

Go, change the main page, off you go 

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Then thats steams problem , WarZ official site said BETA in big letters , or maybe the onus you to check the official site rather then being a dipshit...

Then they failed (or chose not to) to update their official website to accurately reflect the state of the game.

As has already been pointed out - and quoted - the developer themself stated that it could no longer be considered a Beta.

Once again, you demonstrate your predilection for cherry-picking details that suit you, while ignoring those that don't.

You aren't doing the game, or its devs, any favors with your persistent nonsense. All verifiable evidence about this game and its developers' dubious behavior paints a very clear picture of huge red warning flags. Yet, you just continue to ignore all that and continue arguing as though  you have a leg to stand on.

But hey, at least you're entertaining everyone. That counts for something.

This discussion has been closed.