Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Careful ... this could ruin your whole experience

Comments

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by Mannish
    There is a difference between playing a character and being your character. In Age Of Wushu you are the character that you play. To everybody thats complaning all I can say is welcome to a real mmo.image

You might have a point if there was a way to "really" only have 1 character but the fact is you can make as many accounts as email accounts you have so really not a hinderance.And considering how some people are willing to pay for more than 1 account in DAoC so they can have their alt buff their main well I guess its a good money decision for the company that wants to wring as much $$$ out of its players it can.

The problem is they are retracting on offers they made to get people to pre-order it such as the permanent mount,so they can have more opportunity to get more $$$ from you paying for a temporary cash shop mount which really shouldnt even be a consideration if the player is paying the "subscription" fee to play the game-they should have access to a permanent mount not have to rent one on top of said sub fee.

Other items never even made an appearance like a "bag with 50 unigue in-game items usable on day 1" that was supposed to come with the elite purchase.

They need to make it so you can leave a school you dont like and lose all the skills you gained from said school but still retain all the life skills and neutral martial arts skills you learned and earned and 1 character would be no problem.As it is you lose all the time you spent on anything in the game- school wise and skill wise like farming,mining etc plus have to lose 2 days of vip time waiting for 48 hour delete to start over.

I like the idea of being able to change schools, though I doubt you would want to after investing serious time into the school at least it would let you find the one you like best. However the mount situation, while not good, isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. There ARE mounts for sale in the game...you do not have to spend cash on one...ever. I had three of the damn things before I even bought my  Delux edition so now I have four. (the starter mount I got in a gift box, the old mount from the starter quest, some random mount I don't even know how I got, the deluxe mount).

You can delete life skills, loose all your learned skills and don't get access to the starter quest if you decide to come back to that life skill, I would think something similar could work with schools.

There is nothing you can really do about alts. You can make it more expensive to have them, limit their abilities but I have yet to see an online game....any online game...that has been able to stop someone who really wanted an alt..all they can do is make it harder, but only slightly harder. I would put restrictions on ability to trade unless you have spent something in the cash shop (similar to Lotro's tiered character system pure free, kinda free, sub) but I am sure that would cause some serious OMFG from the pure f2p crowd.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by Mannish
    There is a difference between playing a character and being your character. In Age Of Wushu you are the character that you play. To everybody thats complaning all I can say is welcome to a real mmo.image

You might have a point if there was a way to "really" only have 1 character but the fact is you can make as many accounts as email accounts you have so really not a hinderance.And considering how some people are willing to pay for more than 1 account in DAoC so they can have their alt buff their main well I guess its a good money decision for the company that wants to wring as much $$$ out of its players it can.

The problem is they are retracting on offers they made to get people to pre-order it such as the permanent mount,so they can have more opportunity to get more $$$ from you paying for a temporary cash shop mount which really shouldnt even be a consideration if the player is paying the "subscription" fee to play the game-they should have access to a permanent mount not have to rent one on top of said sub fee.

Other items never even made an appearance like a "bag with 50 unigue in-game items usable on day 1" that was supposed to come with the elite purchase.

They need to make it so you can leave a school you dont like and lose all the skills you gained from said school but still retain all the life skills and neutral martial arts skills you learned and earned and 1 character would be no problem.As it is you lose all the time you spent on anything in the game- school wise and skill wise like farming,mining etc plus have to lose 2 days of vip time waiting for 48 hour delete to start over.

I like the idea of being able to change schools, though I doubt you would want to after investing serious time into the school at least it would let you find the one you like best. However the mount situation, while not good, isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. There ARE mounts for sale in the game...you do not have to spend cash on one...ever. I had three of the damn things before I even bought my  Delux edition so now I have four. (the starter mount I got in a gift box, the old mount from the starter quest, some random mount I don't even know how I got, the deluxe mount).

You can delete life skills, loose all your learned skills and don't get access to the starter quest if you decide to come back to that life skill, I would think something similar could work with schools.

There is nothing you can really do about alts. You can make it more expensive to have them, limit their abilities but I have yet to see an online game....any online game...that has been able to stop someone who really wanted an alt..all they can do is make it harder, but only slightly harder. I would put restrictions on ability to trade unless you have spent something in the cash shop (similar to Lotro's tiered character system pure free, kinda free, sub) but I am sure that would cause some serious OMFG from the pure f2p crowd.

So you are saying it is ok to make an offer to get people tp give you money and then change said offer?Though you are correct about getting other mounts the business aspect of this doesnt bode well in the direction it is headed.

So you are saying it is ok to make an offer to get people tp give you money and then change said offer?.

Did I say it was cool? Listen dude I am sorry your not getting your perma-pony. However, for 10 bucks you have gotten cb1 access cb2 access. 90 days of VIP, plus 105 gold which is enough to get ANOTHER 90 days of VIP

Basically you can play this game at Vip for 6 months for ten bucks. If you are getting ripped off please sign me up for the getting ripped off package. As I got the Deluxe package which, even though it does have everything it says it would have, has half as much as you got for twice the price. So yes please I would love to be ripped off like you were.

I think your Ten dollars went a long way. Perma-pony or not. Howver I think they should offer refunds for your ten dollars if you are not happy with what you have.

So you are saying it is ok to make an offer to get people tp give you money and then change said offer?.

Did I say it was cool? Listen dude I am sorry your not getting your perma-pony. However, for 10 bucks you have gotten cb1 access cb2 access. 90 days of VIP, plus 105 gold which is enough to get ANOTHER 90 days of VIP

Basically you can play this game at Vip for 6 months for ten bucks. If you are getting ripped off please sign me up for the getting ripped off package. As I got the Deluxe package which, even though it does have everything it says it would have, has half as much as you got for twice the price. So yes please I would love to be ripped off like you were.

I think your Ten dollars went a long way. Perma-pony or not. Howver I think they should offer refunds for your ten dollars if you are not happy with what you have.

90 days of vip was part of what was offered nas was the permanent mount as was the 100gold(100gold was given to all elite im the 1st cb)all they are doing is taking away the permanent mount so they can get a chance to bleed you for items that expire-mounts have no attack capabilities, no buffs so how exactly where they op as there post claimed beyond this.Spin it how you want to spin it.Whe a company starts changing stuff,especially trivial stuff like mounts on offers THEY made well hey enjoy your game.And I hope the ten dollars I gave them takes them far as I wont spend another dime with them.

Like I said, I hope they offer to give you your ten dollars back since you are not getting your mount. But I think we have already gone over the fact that the cash shop is not the only way to aquire mounts, so the idea that this was solely done to send you to said cash shop, which you don't need to go to, is iffy at best.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by mistmaker

for me that sounds great

why should every game go the same way? 

I agree, sounds great.

However, a player should be very clear about the consequences of deleting a character. In any case, the game just gained a bit of my interest.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Like I said, I hope they offer to give you your ten dollars back since you are not getting your mount. But I think we have already gone over the fact that the cash shop is not the only way to aquire mounts, so the idea that this was solely done to send you to said cash shop, which you don't need to go to, is iffy at best.

I am done argueing semantics with you,you think that is good business practice you keep giving them money, I however will send my money to actual companies that honor what they say.I have played the game yes I know there are ways to get mounts,you start with a 14 day one.

Also it isnt my fault that they made you pay more for less with the deluxe edition.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I hope if they allow refunds for the elite that they allow us to purchase the refunded ones LOL!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i actually love the one toon per account idea (look at my history in my sig, eve, ffxi).  i do however think its pretty ass that if someone pays their good cash to get a premium package they cant have it ported over to another character if they erase the old one.

the premium should be account based, not character based, even if the game only allows you one character at a time.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by mistmaker

for me that sounds great

why should every game go the same way? 

I agree, sounds great.

However, a player should be very clear about the consequences of deleting a character. In any case, the game just gained a bit of my interest.

I agree that things should presented alot clearer but I must say I like the oeverall approach that Snail Games is going with this game.

They actually addressed this issue,

people will be getting the mount. No refunds needed over the pony. The deleted chracter no item transfer is considered valid at the moment.

I am done argueing semantics with you

I am not sure you know what that means. I am not arguing semantics, you were making a demonstably false statement that because the company did x it would lead to y. That is, you implied the motivation behind the activity was to funnel people the cash shop, when in fact you had no idea what the motivation was and there are non cash shop alternatives to the mounts. Maybe it was to control inflation in the game, maybe a permanent movement buff that others had to pay for was seen as over powered in a pvp environment, I don't know. You sure as hell don't know.

Regardless ,

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2316

You got your pony. The same forums that are crawlng with people demanding this game doesn't go pay2win (which I 100% agree with) are crawling with people now who are mad they didn't win when they paid. The non transference of goods is going to stay because some of those goods are tradeable and it seems they don't want to ruin the ingame economy. I am not assuming that is the reason they state it in the link. This is in line with most other games, Lotro for instance doesn't transfer stuff to your new character most of the time (unless it is one of the account wide items).

I am done argueing semantics with you

I am not sure you know what that means. I am not arguing semantics, you were making a demonstably false statement that because the company did x it would lead to y. That is, you implied the motivation behind the activity was to funnel people the cash shop, when in fact you had no idea what the motivation was and there are non cash shop alternatives to the mounts. Maybe it was to control inflation in the game, maybe a permanent movement buff that others had to pay for was seen as over powered in a pvp environment, I don't know. You sure as hell don't know.

Regardless ,

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2316

You got your pony. The same forums that are crawlng with people demanding this game doesn't go pay2win (which I 100% agree with) are crawling with people now who are mad they didn't win when they paid. The non transference of goods is going to stay because some of those goods are tradeable and it seems they don't want to ruin the ingame economy. I am not assuming that is the reason they state it in the link. This is in line with most other games, Lotro for instance doesn't transfer stuff to your new character most of the time (unless it is one of the account wide items).

Sorry I made no false statement as you claim.You must be a damage control personell. Yes they have decided to give what they originally promoted be it though a gimped horse.as i said before though good luck in your endeavors and I hope your game prospers but it wont be on my dime.

good luck in your endeavors and I hope your game prospers but it wont be on my dime.

Wait,

They gave you everything demanded and your still not happy?

good luck in your endeavors and I hope your game prospers but it wont be on my dime.

Wait,

They gave you everything demanded and your still not happy?

wait you cant stand not having the last word.?

You must be damage control because I doubt anyone would be so tenacious about this.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

They actually addressed this issue,

people will be getting the mount. No refunds needed over the pony. The deleted chracter no item transfer is considered valid at the moment.

The deleted character problem, if they were to allow players from deleting and re-creating a new character wouldnt this be prone to abuse if the benefits are easily transfered to another character and I get unlimited benefits by repeating this.

The problem is they did not have a safety mechanism to prevent this from happening.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by Cetra

yeah one major reason holding me back from this game is you have to delete your char to join another school. To me, it like having only 1 class to play in a MMO.

and you lose all yr stuff too.

I love this in an mmorpg...and i think all games called mmorpgs should have this rule.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Good to hear they solved the issue with the mount.

This game is way too good to go down in history as "yet another failed Asian ftp".
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I JUST realized what mount situation you guys were talking about. I'm an elite member. 

Just to put things in perspective, I've venderd 2 or 3 horse because of full bags. They give you give bags throughout the day just for being online. You get horse in those gift bags. No one will ever be w/o a horse...

The delete your toon, make a new one, but perks not carring over is iffy, agreed. I get it, you made a choice, this is what you live with. It is not what people are used to though in this age of leveling alts over and over. Get to level cap, then do it again. That time of game play is for the birds imo.

edit - just logged in, guess what? I got another horse. This time it can hold 2 people! pretty cool.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yeah one major reason holding me back from this game is you have to delete your char to join another school. To me, it like having only 1 class to play in a MMO.

they could fix this by implementing a betrayal / transfer system. You could betray your school and join a different school. If you leave a good-side school and join an evil-side school or viceversa you are marked as a betrayer and have a temporary debuff or some mechanic like this one to actually give some value to do transfer or betrayals and not just some generic faction swap. If you join a new school within the same side (good, evil, neutral) you could file for a transfer. Same for the neutral side. Any transfer / betrayal can have benefit / consequences to your own character.

one can only dream..... :(  great idea tho.

Originally posted by rojo6934

they could fix this by implementing a betrayal / transfer system. You could betray your school and join a different school. If you leave a good-side school and join an evil-side school or viceversa you are marked as a betrayer and have a temporary debuff or some mechanic like this one to actually give some value to do transfer or betrayals and not just some generic faction swap. If you join a new school within the same side (good, evil, neutral) you could file for a transfer. Same for the neutral side. Any transfer / betrayal can have benefit / consequences to your own character.

one can only dream..... :(  great idea tho.

Great idea. 

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310

correct me if i'm wrong but... isn't it still in closed beta so all characters will be wiped and everyone who rejoins the game will be reawarded the deluxe items at launch anyways?

@ The one school complaint

Honestly all games should be this way... there is no solid community building reason someone should be able to be both factions or all the factions if more existed. That's preposterous, unfortunately communities of modern day MMOs and the games themselves have been so meaningless in the community facet that this trend has also died but with each Sandbox companies try to bring it back only to be thwarted by multiple copy purchasers. 

Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

correct me if i'm wrong but... isn't it still in closed beta so all characters will be wiped and everyone who rejoins the game will be reawarded the deluxe items at launch anyways?

@ The one school complaint

Honestly all games should be this way... there is no solid community building reason someone should be able to be both factions or all the factions if more existed. That's preposterous, unfortunately communities of modern day MMOs and the games themselves have been so meaningless in the community facet that this trend has also died but with each Sandbox companies try to bring it back only to be thwarted by multiple copy purchasers. 

No wipe this beta.  I'm kinda torn on the idea. While I'm happy because I'm playing now, knowing that this counts, I'm not used to no wipes. 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    If this game was f2p i'd probally play it, but I am pretty much done buying random mmo's because they are almost always a letdown.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Siveria
    If this game was f2p i'd probally play it, but I am pretty much done buying random mmo's because they are almost always a letdown.

correct me if im wrong. THis game is Free to Play. You can buy acces to beta by buying like a founder pack or something, but the game will be free at launch, no need to buy a client. I dont like buying beta access so ill wait for launch.