Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Just When You Think It Can't Get Worse....

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by creedgaming
    All of this is irrelivant... By one disclaimer Subject to change.... Like it or not.... 100 player thing was deemed to not be ready , and would be a game set back.... Map size wasn't ready for launch....  Bugs , glitches , all of that is irrelivant.... You guys are obviously mainstream fans who haven't been gaming since 1990 and this has been part of the industry since DOS games... Hell before that commador 64 games had to break promises too...

You forgot to include your own game Sergey, how could you forget to include Big Rigs in that list.....  big Rigs had a few bugs and glitches, but I see as you say it's irrelevant :) makes sense to me now 

+1000xp for appropriate use of Gem of True Seeing.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• WebzeroWebzero Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Damnit,  this game is cursed.  Well hopefully everything will work out and they fix this crap.  Been too many games lately,  charging for an alpha phased game saying its released then dropping the game before it even reaches a beta like phase.  That in its own should be a refund at least.

Originally posted by Giddian
    Originally posted by chelan

All of this is irrelivant... By one disclaimer Subject to change.... Like it or not.... 100 player thing was deemed to not be ready , and would be a game set back.... Map size wasn't ready for launch....  Bugs , glitches , all of that is irrelivant.... You guys are obviously mainstream fans who haven't been gaming since 1990 and this has been part of the industry since DOS games... Hell before that commador 64 games had to break promises too...

This person is Delusional or stupid.

How many games have you seen pulled for misleading customers?

get a grip

once again i think we can observe a growing trend in comments that are pro-WarZ: they seem to be primarily by non native english speakers.

nothing wrong with that in itself. as ive said before i wish id had the foresight and discipline to learn a second language. (or as is often the case in euroland a third language.)

but i do find it a convenient coincidence that the dev company and the posters both have the same linguistic writing skills.

then again, im paranoid.

My post was NOT Pro WarZ It was against Creedganing.

Thank you

you misunderstood me. my apologies. i was using your post as an example of someone who could see through the bullshit to what was really going.

that was my fault for not clarifying.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by elvenwolf

The game was sold with you knowing it wasn't ready it was sold in beta how dumb are you?

How original was World of warcrap , not original at all.... It was a Ultima online knockoff in ever sense of the world..... How original was Call of duty ; Not very original at all..... 

I got a feeling almost all of you come from Xbox gaming...  

You mean the fact that it was a "release" or the fact that on teh steam page tehre was nothing to point to the fact the game was in that alpha state that the developers desperately want to call beta?

If the game wasn't ready why are they even trying to sell it? Why there was anywhere on the page a disclaimer "This game is in a sorry state, we should not even call it beta but we are selling it" ?

I checked the WarZ site, in NO part of it , especially on the "Buy" page is a disclaimer the game is still in beta.

the only disclaimer present is a "PC only" game.

So again, how is this not a scam?

Games are being sold daily in beta ; actually thats what has made Kickstarter so sucessful , how the genre started with Ultima Online started you paid $5 to be a tester..... (Got nothing in return FYI) ... You paid just to test the game... Didn't actually get the game....

When he was interviewed about the Problem with steam. He stated it WASN'T beta, but the game will constantly evolve.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Keep whining and you can forget the feature lists completely you think devs are going to keep making games so you whiney jerkoffs can get a refund? I think not.... They'll just AS-IS , subject to change and you won't know shit about the game pre-ownership.....

Lol

Clearly Santa decided to deliver a gift to the MMORPG boards a bit early!

Yay Santa!

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

The game was sold with you knowing it wasn't ready it was sold in beta how dumb are you?

How original was World of warcrap , not original at all.... It was a Ultima online knockoff in ever sense of the world..... How original was Call of duty ; Not very original at all..... 

You mean the fact that it was a "release" or the fact that on teh steam page tehre was nothing to point to the fact the game was in that alpha state that the developers desperately want to call beta?

If the game wasn't ready why are they even trying to sell it? Why there was anywhere on the page a disclaimer "This game is in a sorry state, we should not even call it beta but we are selling it" ?

I checked the WarZ site, in NO part of it , especially on the "Buy" page is a disclaimer the game is still in beta.

Games are being sold daily in beta ; actually thats what has made Kickstarter so sucessful , how the genre started with Ultima Online started you paid $5 to be a tester..... (Got nothing in return FYI) ... You paid just to test the game... Didn't actually get the game....

Game that are sold in a beta state are clearly stated to be in beta, games on a kickstarter page are clearly told are "Projects" or being only on al alpha state, if even there, for that part games on a kickstarter page sometime are just clearly presented as "ideas".

When the interviewer tried to ask about that, he had pratcally pry from the developer that the game was "developing" 

Sorry but as i said, they tried to sell features that were not in teh game, i am sorry your job is in danger now, or you risk to face charges but do not change the facts.

Sure we can say that about anything, my car was developing from the moment they mined the raw materials to the moment they assembled it .

Of course when  i bought my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by DMKano

You forgot to include your own game Sergey, how could you forget to include Big Rigs in that list..... 

I'm not Sergey my names Tyler actually...... However when someones getting thrown under the bus for something thats still under developement when they've told you there committed to get those things added into the game.... The issue here is people just want a refund because the buzz has gone off the game and they want to buy the next game.... Same issue D3 had..... I would run Warz very differently infact if it was me the game would be sold by licensing , there would be no feature list there would be gameplay videos , marketing behind it , and you'd buy the game in good faith or you wouldn't buy it at all.... 

If that's really what you think (about D3 and War Z), then you have a serious case of "selective comprehension".

People bought into D3 because they were psyched and excited to play it. It had a highly successful heritage. They believed Blizzard would deliver a worthy successor to Diablo 2.  Only they didn't and, after the initial excitement wore off, people saw that D3 wasn't all that great at all. Many just went back to Diablo 2.

People bought into War Z because they were excited about what it promised. It was described as a game they could enjoy playing. Then they buy the game and find that so much of what excited them was either not in the game at all, or was delivered in an extremely incomplete state. The game they were paying for was not even close to the game they received.

It has nothing to do with "the buzz dying down". It has everything to do with a developer over-hyping and over-marketing their own product, to a degree that they were/are incapable of delivering on... and then turning around and insulting the customers by dismissing their valid complaints as "misreading the advertising".

You're doing an awful lot of work trying to spin this to make the War Z guys come out smelling like roses. Unfortunately, the reality is out there for all to see. The game is a mess, and the developers' response to it is a mess. All the spin-doctoring in the world is not going to change that.

You  wouldn't like me as a dev i can tell you that much...   I'd be like the FDR of gaming I welcome your hatred...... 

If a few things don't make it into game you want a refund GTFO.... There wouldn't be a refund the terms of service , licensing agreement would be very clear we won't be giving out refunds undr any circumstances... Don't like it get on your knees....

Wouldn't like you as a Dev?

We don't care for you NOW.

This person is Delusional or stupid.

How many games have you seen pulled for misleading customers?

get a grip

once again i think we can observe a growing trend in comments that are pro-WarZ: they seem to be primarily by non native english speakers.

nothing wrong with that in itself. as ive said before i wish id had the foresight and discipline to learn a second language. (or as is often the case in euroland a third language.)

but i do find it a convenient coincidence that the dev company and the posters both have the same linguistic writing skills.

then again, im paranoid.

One shouldn't throw stones in a glass house ; no capitalization , incomplete runon sentences.... 

you missed my point entirely. nothing new, i regularly screw up communicating my thoughts.

i was actually giving you a backhanded compliment. in other words you know more languages than i do. i am envious of that. its a sign of intelligence in my book. something which i lack.

however, that does not mean that one cannot observe certain patterns of speech and writing and note that they come from very similar sources. and that was all i meant. the posts supporting you all sound similar.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Seven pages of more entertainment than what the subject game can offer, awesome. image

And on the matter of The War Z losing it's title. . . Honestly I don't think it matters (But still, HAH!) at this point, they took what money they can and moved on to make more crap.

Also, I noticed a trend: War Inc. then War Z. Wonder what's next? War Duty?

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

So does anyone know if Valve may have a potential lawsuit as well considering how they're giving refunds? Wonder if they could get into the fray as well.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• balmorebalmore Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This game deserves one thing, death. Just kill the god damn thing already, please!

Game that are sold in a beta state are clearly stated to be in beta, games on a kickstarter page are clearly told are "Projects" or being only on al alpha state, if even there, for that part games on a kickstarter page sometime are just clearly presented as "ideas".

When the interviewer tried to ask about that, he had pratcally pry from the developer that the game was "developing" 

Sorry but as i said, they tried to sell features that were not in teh game, i am sorry your job is in danger now, or you risk to face charges but do not change the facts.

Sure we can say that about anything, my car was developing from the moment they mined the raw materials to the moment they assembled it .

Of course when  i boght my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

No because the car was sold with the implication that it was complete , and there wasn't big print on Chevy Fords , Nissan or w/es website saying BETA in big letters.... 

Maybe you should read again my post, i am starting to think you suffer of "Selective comprehension disorder" 
    But i will spell it for you again.
    When you buy a car, you go to a car seller, of any branch it may be, and you see a finished product, you buy it, and you receive it.
    The product include usually a functional moving veichle , it might have accessories or not, but is a finished roduct, the product might be somehow damaged, if so, you ask for a replecement.

Applying this to WarZ, and i'll type it slowly so you might get it...

Is like i go to a car seller, i point a car, then when it got delivered i got only the body, no engine, no lights,  no wheels.

This is WarZ
    They promised a car, clearly promised  a car, without any doubt promised me a car, and i got only a part of it, not really functional even.

Originally posted by TheBigDRC

Seven pages of more entertainment than what the subject game can offer, awesome. image

And on the matter of The War Z losing it's title. . . Honestly I don't think it matters (But still, HAH!) at this point, they took what money they can and moved on to make more crap.

Isn't this one War Duty?

I'm Sorry, Doodie.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    So does anyone know if Valve may have a potential lawsuit as well considering how they're giving refunds? Wonder if they could get into the fray as well.

Steam not Valve , and steam by law doesn't have to give you shit... Even if its falsely advertised there a intermediary broker for these games... They're doing so to keep you happy but its not required....

Pretty sure Valve owns Steam. Least I know they created it. Anyways, no one said Steam had to do anything. The point is they are so one would think considering the bad pr from this and any monetary losses they incur they may want to make the people behind Warz pay for in the long run. I would imagine there is a contract between any company and Steam when they put their game up for sale on the site to cover both parties.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by TheBigDRC

Isn't this one War Duty?

I'm Sorry, Doodie.

Lol good sir. image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

Of course when  i boght my car i didnt' receive a pile of raw iron from the car seller telling me the car was "In constant development"

No because the car was sold with the implication that it was complete , and there wasn't big print on Chevy , Fords , Nissan or w/es website saying BETA in big letters.... 

Maybe you should read again my post, i am starting to think you suffer of "Selective comprehension disorder" 

But i will spell it for you again.

When you buy a car, you go to a car seller, of any branch it may be, and you see a finished product, you buy it, and you receive it.

The product include usually a functional moving veichle , it might have accessories or not, but is a finished roduct, the product might be somehow damaged, if so, you ask for a replecement.

Applying this to WarZ, and i'll type it slowly so you might get it...

Is like i go to a car seller, i point a car, then when it got delivered i got only the body, no engine, no lights,  no wheels.

This is WarZ

They promised a car, clearly promised  a car, without any doubt promised me a car, and i got only a part of it, not really functional even.

Nowhere on the page, on steam or anywhere else it states the game is in beta.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Seems War-z devs made it to these forums.
    Remove that game from this site before any more victims fall for that baddie game.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Steam not Valve , and steam by law doesn't have to give you shit... Even if its falsely advertised there a intermediary broker for these games... They're doing so to keep you happy but its not required....

wow. i take it back. you are a dumbass. this is not what the poster meant at all. they were not attacking Steam (which is owned by Valve). instead they were complimenting them on their refunds and stating that Steam should pursue legal action against WarZ's owners.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Remove that game from this site before any more victims fall for that baddie game.

yes. please.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Warz hasn't scammed anyone.... You're a idiot... Tell me how they've scammed you... They sold you a product you willingly paid money for....

+1

also i think it should have been the other way round, i think war Z is in work for some more years than the movie which isn't even out yet afaik.

guess paramount obviously had more money the "scammed" out of trolls (surely no one is earning money for work those days, must be all scammmmmmmmmm).

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

wow. i take it back. you are a dumbass. this is not what the poster meant at all. they were not attacking Steam (which is owned by Valve). instead they were complimenting them on their refunds and stating that Steam should pursue legal action against WarZ's owners.

Yes

In no way was I saying Steam is responsible or liable for this themselves. Glad someone understood me XD

• nihenahnihenah Member UncommonPosts: 6

If i was Warz i sold 400,000 copies I wouldn't give 2 shits if you liked me or not.... 400,000 x 25 average paid .... Who cares kill the game now.... LOL.... 

embarrassing does not quite cover your arguments.

Originally posted by nihenah

If i was Warz i sold 400,000 copies I wouldn't give 2 shits if you liked me or not.... 400,000 x 25 average paid .... Who cares kill the game now.... LOL.... 

embarrassing does not quite cover your arguments.

^this.

and oh yes. as a previous poster mentioned: Thank you Santa for an early xmas present >.<

(9pages and growing)

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by Mothanos

It seems so. I don't see who else will defend this debacle.

This discussion has been closed.