Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me any game wich is mainly FUN

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh grimrock as mentioned too, tons of mods for that
  • ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    FUN is ausch a subjective thign but i will try. I currently play TSW and STO on weekends and i find both of these MMOS a lot of fun.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by joeri123

Been trying so many games lately and really nothing can hold my intrest..

Most of the games I try to play are so slow and most of the time just plain boring ZZZzzZZ.. 

Been playing around with TSW and rift as of late.. They do show sparks of potential but I can't get past the fact that over 80% of the time spend is just ZZZzzzzZZZZ.

Anything you guys recommend? Any genre (I love a GOOD and INTERESTING story aswel)

Something that is a bit fast, actiony maybe, regular upgrade/reward system etc.

EDIT: Most of you seem to recommend mmo's. I think I have to take a break from them though. They are just to slow and suck up to much time to get anywhere or get to the 'fun' stuff.

have you tried pirate 101?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Skyrim and Angry Birds!
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Kanester

Although I hate SWTOR end game, Leveling up is really fun and free now.

Edit: Few others, League of Legends, Skyrim, Planetside 2

Aye SWTOR might be fun for a bit. I'm hesitant to jump on a sinking ship tough. Or are people exaggerating?

SWTOR isn't bad if the style suits you.  It's off my list because it runs poorly on my system.  It's questy, with storyline very significant in questing.  For me, I'm no fan of storyline gameplay in MMOs, so I was getting bored even a few minutes in.  Others have loved it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Skyrim
    Any of the Elder Scrolls titles
    Thief - older but excellent
    Dragonage
    Xcom
    Halo
    Planetside 2
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Half Life is also a great older series
  • ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Try Darkblood Online, i myself dont relly like that type of games and i found it enjoyable. Thats something :D And yes its fun.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

Torchlight 2

For what it's worth, it was awarded IGN's best PC rpg of 2012.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_PC_Role-Playing_Game

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74

Non-MMO, I would suggest Torchlight 2 or Far Cry 3 for you (although I havnt seen you post about interests in fps's).

Also, steams crazy (sometimes 5$) holiday sale might give you some good ideas:

http://store.steampowered.com/

For MMO, GW2 wouldnt be a bad go (despite both the extreme negative and positive hype on this site, people have been known to have fun :) ).

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Divinity 2 is a really fun single player RPG and it's only $10 on GOG.com right now.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Thanks for the replies so far. Got some ideas at least ^^
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    im plaing TES:Oblivion again. this time with a ton of downloaded mods.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Azmyth33Azmyth33 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Recently started playing Fallen Earth - Truth be told it's really not bad.  Free on Steam helps, too.  

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online has long been designed with the principal of fun in mind:

http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/universe_combat.html

Note the words "fun" and "entertaining" in the third paragraph under "Flight Model".

And yes, it has been around as long as Eve.  Here is a side by side comparison on the VO message boards from an open-alpha user about a month before I joined (note: this post is from 2003; a lot has changed since then.  Not all for the better, not all for the worse.  If anything, I'd imagine both games have certainly gotten more complex):

http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/1509

And of course, if you're looking for a good story, it's hard to best VO there:

http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/storyline.html

Anyway, I'd recommend at least giving the 8-hour trial a try.  It's a free and quick download, and if you like I can send you a 2-week friend key.  It doesn't take long before getting to some of the "fun" parts of VO (for me, just launching from the station and floating around while taking in the sights got me instantly hooked, not to mention shooting at the bots).

edit: fixed a broken link

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

It's not easy to give advice to others since we all enjoy different games, I would say take a look at games you enjoyed in the past.

Some non-mmo games I enjoyed in the past that are still good imo are commandos: behind enemy lines, transport tycoon, railroad tycoon series, world of goo, planescape torment, fallout series, command&conquer series, diablo I and II, star wars: knights of the old republic 1&2, ignition, grand theft auto series, worms series, broken sword series, theme hospital, theme park, pinball fantasies, sim city series, ports of call XXL, football manager series, day of defeat, quake 1 and 3, unreal tournament 99 & 2004 to name some off the top of my head.

Some newer games I find fun are path of exile, dota 2 and minecraft.

If you have some older gaming device then plug it in and give it a go. I have Amiga 500 games that I still find really fun to play.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Been trying so many games lately and really nothing can hold my intrest..

Most of the games I try to play are so slow and most of the time just plain boring ZZZzzZZ.. 

Been playing around with TSW and rift as of late.. They do show sparks of potential but I can't get past the fact that over 80% of the time spend is just ZZZzzzzZZZZ.

Anything you guys recommend? Any genre (I love a GOOD and INTERESTING story aswel)

EDIT: Most of you seem to recommend mmo's. I think I have to take a break from them though. They are just to slow and suck up to much time to get anywhere or get to the 'fun' stuff.

Tastes of people are very, very different. What is very fun for one, is boring for other. Same for gameplay and rest.

But so far best game with not only GOOD and INTERESTING story but 10 times more, for me is Swtor. Incredible twists, from need to sacrifice your npc friend or innocent hostages (which leaved me with bad tast in mounth for real, never happened in any game and I'm old as max level in swtor :-)), to discover your main good npc for nearly whole game is actually bad guy and he even did not know it. And You can actually kill main npc enemy or spare his life and encounter him for short later in game. Etc etc. Not making names so hope I'm not spoiling.

Really wondering which game gives this much for those that bash continualy on forums story line in swtor. Makes me think bashers are on somebody pay list.  

Actually swtor is only game so far where i have finished all quests after touch down at max level. Especially class quests. Many times I just could not go to sleep for pure wish to know what is next step in class quest. Sure, mondatory for immersion is VOICED questing. Now that I have experienced this  In any other game when any my alt is maxed out this mean I'm done and I move to other alt. Not here. After swtor in any game I have tried I stuggle not to just skip reading of quest. Try to read carefully at least with 1st alt anyway.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108

Op. Torchlight 2 is really enjoyable. For me at least. Very pick up and play. You can come abck to it and put it back down when you need but there's still alot to do at same time. I also reccomend Grimrock. Great game, great moddability.  have you tried mount and blade? It was a breath of fresh air for gaming for me when i first found it. 

Hope you find what you are looking for. 

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

The most fun I've ever had playing an online game is Savage 2

EPIC!

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Tetris

First Prince of Persia...yes on the computer

Super Mario Brothers...1 on the NES

Monopoly

Tax and Spend...the board game

Football...the sport

Dating...with or not with the same sex.... :P

all good games

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Civ 5 fun/ strategy game
    Skyrim /great exploration game
    Lotro / nice story, slow paste, beautiful landscapes
    monkey island serial/ funiest games ever created imo
    Europa universalis 3/ hard strategy game, u can play with more the 100 nations
    Shogun 2 / can be very challenging
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by skeaser
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by skeaser
    Originally posted by Eir_S

To me, at least in terms of MMOs, if a game is too "structured", it becomes boring quickly.  SWTOR is a good example of a linear MMO that didn't make me feel I had the freedom to do much of anything that would be radically different to anyone else's experience.  I play GW2 myself, as I'm not yet bored or jaded by it, and I enjoy being able to go to any zone and do things with friends regardless of our levels.  Other MMO's need to adopt this mechanic IMO.  I hate all that wasted zone space as towns fill up with max levels.

As for non-MMO's, someone said Minecraft.  Dungeon Defenders on Steam is good too, especially with a friend or two.

This is my problem. I get burned out being put on a A>B>C path without freedom. 

OP, I don't know how the population is now but maybe check out Vanguard. Lots to do and see and no real rush to endgame for dungeon grinds.

Yeah, Vanguard's graphics are not the best in the world, but it does have more of an open ended adventuring system in comparison to some of the newer MMOs.  I might try it again now that I have a new pc.  I wonder if people are still experiencing loads of lag.

I see a lot of people say this but I think VG actually looks really nice. I've played on and off (normally quit because of low pop) and haven't had too much trouble with lag the last few times I've tried.

Vanguard has some great graphic if you crank it up, plus the far view is second to none. I can honestly say that after 6 years of playing the game lag has never really been that bad of issue for me. A bit of stuttering while in citys like Khal and New Tar but nothing major.

I do understand that some people do get lag but it's pretty stable these days. Vanguard was very demanding when it first release, the card of the day was the 8800gtx.

I had sli set up with two of the bad boys, still have them now in storage.

As for Vanguard being more open ended, fact is it's one of if not the most open ended mmo on the market today.

The game is totally open, go where you want and do what you want.

Six years old and still looking great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3MZf6q7Bk

• shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61

While it just re-opened and is currently in beta, asheron's call 2 has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by shohen

While it just re-opened and is currently in beta, asheron's call 2 has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

For me i'm on Age Of Wushu which is fun.