Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me any game wich is mainly FUN

joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Been trying so many games lately and really nothing can hold my intrest..

Most of the games I try to play are so slow and most of the time just plain boring ZZZzzZZ.. 

Been playing around with TSW and rift as of late.. They do show sparks of potential but I can't get past the fact that over 80% of the time spend is just ZZZzzzzZZZZ.

Anything you guys recommend? Any genre (I love a GOOD and INTERESTING story aswel)

Something that is a bit fast, actiony maybe, regular upgrade/reward system etc.

EDIT: Most of you seem to recommend mmo's. I think I have to take a break from them though. They are just to slow and suck up to much time to get anywhere or get to the 'fun' stuff.

Comments

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Minecraft.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

I recon you are trying to find an mmo?

Try Realm of The Mad God, it's free and actionpacked!

Don't look too much at the graphics though :p

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• tedgartedgar Member Posts: 52
    darkfall
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by tedgar
    darkfall

You must have missed the part where he said mainly FUN.

Or even the part where he asked for FUN.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by joeri123

Most of the games I try to play are so slow and most of the time just plain boring ZZZzzZZ.. 

Been playing around with TSW and rift as of late.. They do show sparks of potential but I can't get past the fact that over 80% of the time spend is just ZZZzzzzZZZZ.

Anything you guys recommend? Any genre (I love a GOOD and INTERESTING story aswel)

Perhaps you could offer us something you have found fun the past.  Doesn't really matter if it was a MMORPG or not but that would at least allow us to gauge the type of game you find enjoyable rather than each person offering only personal opinions that will most likely not match your own.

For example, I could say that DCUO is a good game for those that like more action based combat with active offensive/defensive skills to include dodging that even includes regular updates (including new skill sets/items) and an LOTS of loot if you are into acquiring new armor/weapons appearances.  With all that said I'm sure there are still plenty of fan of action based combat that didn't find DCUO to their liking for one reason or another (i.e. not a fan of comic book based games, doesn't care for the PvP, hates the controls, etc.).

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

I recon you are trying to find an mmo?

Try Realm of The Mad God, it's free and actionpacked!

Don't look too much at the graphics though :p

It can be an MMO or any other genre. I think I need to take an MMO break though because I feel like I'm wasting so much time when I'm trying to play one. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

To me, at least in terms of MMOs, if a game is too "structured", it becomes boring quickly.  SWTOR is a good example of a linear MMO that didn't make me feel I had the freedom to do much of anything that would be radically different to anyone else's experience.  I play GW2 myself, as I'm not yet bored or jaded by it, and I enjoy being able to go to any zone and do things with friends regardless of our levels.  Other MMO's need to adopt this mechanic IMO.  I hate all that wasted zone space as towns fill up with max levels.

As for non-MMO's, someone said Minecraft.  Dungeon Defenders on Steam is good too, especially with a friend or two.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    Originally posted by Eir_S

To me, at least in terms of MMOs, if a game is too "structured", it becomes boring quickly.  SWTOR is a good example of a linear MMO that didn't make me feel I had the freedom to do much of anything that would be radically different to anyone else's experience.  I play GW2 myself, as I'm not yet bored or jaded by it, and I enjoy being able to go to any zone and do things with friends regardless of our levels.  Other MMO's need to adopt this mechanic IMO.  I hate all that wasted zone space as towns fill up with max levels.

As for non-MMO's, someone said Minecraft.  Dungeon Defenders on Steam is good too, especially with a friend or two.

This is my problem. I get burned out being put on a A>B>C path without freedom. 

OP, I don't know how the population is now but maybe check out Vanguard. Lots to do and see and no real rush to endgame for dungeon grinds.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by miguksaram

Perhaps you could offer us something you have found fun the past.  Doesn't really matter if it was a MMORPG or not but that would at least allow us to gauge the type of game you find enjoyable rather than each person offering only personal opinions that will most likely not match your own.

For example, I could say that DCUO is a good game for those that like more action based combat with active offensive/defensive skills to include dodging but I'm sure there are still plenty of fan of action based combat that didn't find DCUO to their liking for one reason or another (i.e. not a fan of comic book based games, doesn't care for the PvP, hates the controls, etc.).

Well I'm not really a pvp person. I can get into pvp if its really  well made.

I used to play WoW for a long time, but I guess that doesn't say much.

I enjoy games with awsome physics.

Games that are creative like minecraft. (I have played minecraft way to much so don't recommend it).

I dunno, I'm open to try new stuff. My favorite genres are fantasy and sci-fi tough.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Although I hate SWTOR end game, Leveling up is really fun and free now.

Edit: Few others, League of Legends, Skyrim, Planetside 2

So then I have to ask, have you tried DC Universe Online?  It's not your standard MMORPG but offers great action based combat that allows you interact with your environment buy picking up objects and hurling them at your enemies.  It also allows various modes of combat/travel via flight, superspeed or acrobatics (these can also be used offensively).  And unless you just despise  comic books the story is very much in line with the orignal story for each character (minus your own of couse as it's an original hero/villain).  It's also free to check out.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by skeaser

OP, I don't know how the population is now but maybe check out Vanguard. Lots to do and see and no real rush to endgame for dungeon grinds.

Yeah, Vanguard's graphics are not the best in the world, but it does have more of an open ended adventuring system in comparison to some of the newer MMOs.  I might try it again now that I have a new pc.  I wonder if people are still experiencing loads of lag.

Yeah, Vanguard's graphics are not the best in the world, but it does have more of an open ended adventuring system in comparison to some of the newer MMOs.  I might try it again now that I have a new pc.  I wonder if people are still experiencing loads of lag.

The lag issues are built into the games programming and are still present.  That said the latest news stated the newly devoted staff for Vanguard are trying to target these LONG term issues that have plagued the game since launch as their top priority.  Whether or not SOE feels the same, well we'll just have to wait and see.

So then I have to ask, have you tried DC Universe Online?  It's not your standard MMORPG but offers great action based combat that allows you interact with your environment but picking up object and hurling them at your enemies.  It also allows various modes of combat/travel via flight, superspeed or acrobatics (these can also be used offensively).  And unless you just despise  comic books the story is very much in line with the orignal story for each character (minus your own of couse as it's an original hero/villain).  It's also free to check out.

I did try it a long time ago. It didn't really grab me in back then.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I see a lot of people say this but I think VG actually looks really nice. I've played on and off (normally quit because of low pop) and haven't had too much trouble with lag the last few times I've tried.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

So then I have to ask, have you tried DC Universe Online?  It's not your standard MMORPG but offers great action based combat that allows you interact with your environment but picking up object and hurling them at your enemies.  It also allows various modes of combat/travel via flight, superspeed or acrobatics (these can also be used offensively).  And unless you just despise  comic books the story is very much in line with the orignal story for each character (minus your own of couse as it's an original hero/villain).  It's also free to check out.

Perhaps something other than WoW or Minecraft then that did pique your interest?  The reason I said besides is because each one of those games are pretty much considered the pinnacle of their respective audiences by most and if they don't offer you enjoyment there is little within the same genre/audience of customers that will.  That is unless you still actually enjoy them but are simply looking for something fresh in which case there are a crapton in the WoW category, not so much in terms of minecraft.

Perhaps something other than WoW or Minecraft then that did pique your interest?  The reason I said besides is because each one of those games are pretty much considered the pinnacle of their respective audiences by most and if they don't offer you enjoyment there is little within the same genre/audience of customers that will.  That is unless you still actually enjoy them but are simply looking for something fresh in which case there are a crapton in the WoW category, not so much in terms of minecraft.

Yea, I don't hate on WoW, it was a fun time. I just don't play anymore after 7+ years. The dailies grind in MoP is what made me gave up, ZERO fun.

Trying rift atm its decent, can't make myself play for more than half an hour tough... Maybe I just need another hobby lol..

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'd suggest taking an MMO break and trying something like Trine 2 or Bastion.
    Originally posted by Kanester

Although I hate SWTOR end game, Leveling up is really fun and free now.

Edit: Few others, League of Legends, Skyrim, Planetside 2

Aye SWTOR might be fun for a bit. I'm hesitant to jump on a sinking ship tough. Or are people exaggerating?

Originally posted by Scalpless

I actually finished both of those. Thanks tough :)

Now that The Secret World has changed it's payment model it might also be worth checking out if you enjoy the horror/thriller style of game such as Resident Evil/Silent Hill.  The story is top notch and while it currently lacks real longevity it's still worth the "full" play through much more than many other games in the genre.  Combat animations aren't the best though and while they do offer various clothing/weapon options I've found that most of the facial models are fairly similar so don't expect to be too unique in that area.

EDIT: This game does lose a LOT of it's luster though if you decide to "cheat" your way through the various quests that encourage you seek out real world answers to in-game quests".  If you are the type of person who can't resist the urge to look up answers after only spending a few minutes trying to figure something out this game really isn't meant for you.

EDIT 2: Somehow forget you mentioned trying out TSW.  It does have it's slow moments but anyone who has been looking for a story which really draws one in lately will agree this game delivers, despite it's other shortfalls.  The same can be said for Rift in regards to its latest xpac and how it is easily the best option aside from WoW if you enjoy that genre but are tired of WoW after so many years.

EDIT 3: Have you tried Skyrim on the PC with it's MANY mods?  If an MMO isn't doing it for you but you are a fan of RPG's it's a damn good game.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I actually finished both of those. Thanks tough :)

IMO indie games are light-hearted fun more often than games from big, "serious" developers who only make grimdark stuff for "adults". So, maybe Legend of Grimrock? King's Bounty: Crossworlds? Uh, I think I'm running out of ideas. Mirror's Edge is a great game, too.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Maybe something like Vindictus would be interesting if gameplay is getting dull.

For storyline, AOC's Tortage comes to mind.

I don't know the SP or multiplayer coop games that well.  Maybe Skyrim or Diablo?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

been playing lots of skyrim and morrowind.

did both portal games (never had played them) and I loved them.

Amnesia

Deus Ex Revolution and X-Com.

note: what you consider fun and what I consider fun may vary.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Dishonoured
    Planetside 2
    Orcs must die 2
    Terraria
    Farcry 3
    Hotline Miami
    Ftl
    Minecraft
    Csgo
    Sine mora