Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doese Bioware/EA hire people to post on forums?

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Ive given my opinion on SWTOR , Ill leave it at that.

What I do find amazing are some of these swtor posters that defend this mmo (i refuse to call it a mmorpg) to the very end acting like it perfect, finding any way to twist reality to defend the greed of EA / Bioware.

Ive even seen people defend the fact they are charging for content after basically giving the swtor player base nothing for a year.

I read someone defending the fact that ea /bioware charged subs for holiday items.

How many people on these forums if any or on other website forums do you think Ea pays to post positive feedback on swtor?

OMG!!!  You mean there are people out there that like a game that you don't!  Say it aint so.  You don't need to understand it.  We are all different so if people want to love SWOTR good for them!

As to your question... The fact that you actually think that is unbelievable because most of the haters here tend to claim that EA is losing money on this game so why would waste even more to come to these forums and try to defend their game? 

Here's an idea for you, stop worrying about what the SWTOR fanbois are doing.  Spend more time enjoying your favorite game.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Where the hell do I go to sign up?

He said they moved those jobs to the Asian market.If is true that would also make sense.

Personally i feel most of what was said in that article is possible.We do know developers spend tons on marketing,just look here ,we see it with Trion and Kings Isle.

If developers took that money and put it into the games, we might actually have more content and more depth in our games.

I would not be so sure they are told collectively to post on forums,but i am sure they are told to do whatever it takes.

We have all seen the 1/2/3 posts by users that seemingly have a lot of knowledge of gaming and the game,does look suspicious.We have also seen the lame merketing most develoeprs do,that is a big no no for me,it really turns me off to see anyone try to bullshit me .NOTHING a site or person tries to do will convice me to play,i will make my own decisions at all times.

It all goes back to your grandfather's claims that money is the root of all evil,people will lie,cheat,manipulate,mislead,steal to get it from you.All this with a straight face,moral standards are very low in society and it will get a lot worse before better.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

What I do find amazing are some of these swtor posters that defend this mmo (i refuse to call it a mmorpg) to the very end acting like it perfect, finding any way to twist reality to defend the greed of EA / Bioware.

Ive even seen people defend the fact they are charging for content after basically giving the swtor player base nothing for a year.

I read someone defending the fact that ea /bioware charged subs for holiday items.

How many people on these forums if any or on other website forums do you think Ea pays to post positive feedback on swtor?

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. I know people who work in repuation management.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    if they are hiring...ill go..just pay me in cartel coins  lol

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , a diploma isn't required to see how TOR sucks.  They can twist reality all the want , just by looking at the game play videos on youtube is enough to make me puke.   Galaxies will always be better then TOR , and nothing in this world will make TOR any better then Galaxies.

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Every MMo has its rabid fan base...but why single out only SWTOR? they are too mild in comparison to GW2 fans.

Great first sentence, totally ruined by your second sentence....think about it.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Macecard
    Every MMo has its rabid fan base...but why single out only SWTOR? they are too mild in comparison to GW2 fans.

The truth hurts?

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

If you think the GW2 fans are bad, I guess you have no idea on how the Borecraft ones are. We can only guess that you're one :)

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    Originally posted by DancingQueen
    Originally posted by Macecard

The truth hurts?

Isnt it ironical out of nowhere all the usual abnormal rabid WoW fanboys start bashing and pushing blame on  "the GW2 fans".

The glaring hypocrisy is not funny anymore.

I couldn't agree more.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , a diploma isn't required to see how TOR sucks.  They can twist reality all the want , just by looking at the game play videos on youtube is enough to make me puke.   Galaxies will always be better then TOR , and nothing in this world will make TOR any better then Galaxies.

And you are following posts on this for you obviously very bad game for ... what? Took a look on your other posts, is there any game you like and not only bash?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    I really wish this urban legend was true.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• The game is better than most themepark MMOs, so it's quite believable some people like it. Of course, "better than most themepark MMOs" isn't really saying that much.

I suppose it has the same amount of paid posters as any other MMO? I don't think these companies hire people specifically just to post on boards, but I'd be surprised if some employees don't, whether it's in their spare time or not.

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79

What I do find amazing are some of these swtor posters that defend this mmo (i refuse to call it a mmorpg)

Whilst I aggree with your ost I'd just like to say that there's no doubting that swtor is a rpg, yes sure you didn't get much choice as to what role you were playing but you were still playing a role playing game as much as you are in say kotor or dungeons and dragons or any elder scrolls game. The proble, with swtor is the mmo part as there is absolutely no reason to have anything to do with anyone till end game (which in itself was rubbish) so i would have called it an rpg rather than an mmo. I've never seen your posts before but I'm assuming your a sandbox player and I'll just say that you don't have to make your story and everything yourself for a game to be an rpg you just have to role play.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Axxar

I don't think these companies hire people specifically just to post on boards, but I'd be surprised if some employees don't, whether it's in their spare time or not.

This is what it boils down to. Hell, some of them don't even hide it when they come here and are very straight forward about it. Famine comes to mind as an example.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    They had/still have a budget for viral marketeering. How much of that goes to paying shills isn't publically known, but some people have spoken out about having been paid for said services. I doubt they're still pumping out dollars to chat up SWTOR, but it's not like I still have an active interest in the game or EA's ways of doing business.

imageimage
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by daltanious
    *snip* SWTOR *snip
    Purchased in other country as in mine was scheduled months later ... and, wow, that was one of best investments in games in my life.

Buying SWTOR was one of the best investments in games in your life? Heavy, that's really heavy. It went F2P within a year of release, but it was one of your best investments in games. That should really make one wonder.

imageimage
  • Shadow-FocusShadow-Focus Member Posts: 13

Only read the title. *facepalm*

I hope Santa brings you a dictionary this year.

Played - WoW, LotRO, AoC, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWtOR.

Playing - GW2

Want - TESO, Neverwinter, Titan

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    SWTOR seems to have a lot of lovers and a lot of haters. The game is slightly above average IMO... but my brother? You can't convonce him to stop playing. I bet he has dropped thousands on the cartel market. He has 5 level 50s with the toons and all their companions fully geared. He is obsessed!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I know for a fact that some other companies do it so I dont see why MMORPG companies would not.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    they not only hire to post on forums but they hire and ppl to play competetive games
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

No, people playing and posting about swtor are really criticism about the game, you can just check official forums to find it for yourself. And maybe you dont like the game, but really a lot of people do, all the servers at primetime are allways Heavy - Very Heavy, and is real not like GW2 where some  ¨Full servers¨ are pretty much a ghost town, and swtor have megaservers.  

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I guess there will always be people out there having difficulties to accept and deal with differences...being it a skin color or MMO preference...

/shrugs

• Jonnas13Jonnas13 Member UncommonPosts: 93

Yes, the opinion you contantly put across is of such earthshaking importance that EA actually hired people to try to stop the tidal wave you are creating.

You may want to start looking behind you for spies. No doubt the major governments of the world are terrified that you will turn your self righteous powers against them next and cause wars and mass destruction.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Jonnas13

Yes, the opinion you contantly put across is of such earthshaking importance that EA actually hired people to try to stop the tidal wave you are creating.

You may want to start looking behind you for spies. No doubt the major governments of the world are terrified that you will turn your self righteous powers against them next and cause wars and mass destruction.

lol +1

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,745
    Well people who work in the gaming industry do not sign a contract saying they cannot post on gaming forums. I do wish they would declare themselves though, as their opinions are hardly unbiased.
This discussion has been closed.