Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any MMORPG that has good fighting?

I've never played an MMORPG but when i see videos of it, the fighting seems real lame. It doesn't even look like fighting more like pressing one button. Are there any MMORPG's out there where you actually fight (punch, kick, block, dodge, etc) 

And I'm not talking about Rumble Fighters where its basically deathmatch I'm talking actual MMORPG where you complete quests and missions and stuff, but you actually fight.

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by ibrahim2712

I've never played an MMORPG but when i see videos of it, the fighting seems real lame. It doesn't even look like fighting more like pressing one button. Are there any MMORPG's out there where you actually fight (punch, kick, block, dodge, etc) 

And I'm not talking about Rumble Fighters where its basically deathmatch I'm talking actual MMORPG where you complete quests and missions and stuff, but you actually fight.

Tera and RaiderZ come to mind right away... could be more but I can't think of them at the moment.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Everquest 1 and 2 has great fighting, but mainly boss fights that are really epic.

WoW has great fluid combat, which makes it "good fighting" to me. Probably some of the most fluid combat if not the most in an MMO

GW2 is very actiony. A good mix of action and the normal MMO combat

Those three have the best good fighting imo. I think WoW and GW2 probably being among my favorites.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I second TERA I absolutly LOVE the fighting system.
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Darkfall Unholy Wars

• lvluplvlup Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Ikisis
    Darkfall Unholy Wars

Wrong, Darkfall had good pvp. Unholy Wars fucked it all up.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Vindictus.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Oh and DC Universe.
  • DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263
    DC Universe Online has good combat.

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Darkfall is the only modern MMO with great combat, really.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Age of Wushu might be worth looking into for you.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• ibrahim2712ibrahim2712 Member Posts: 7
    i've checked some of these out but none are what i'm lookin for.. darn..
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    i've checked some of these out but none are what i'm lookin for.. darn..

If TERA/Raiderz/Vindictus/DCUO are not the style of combat you are hoping for in a MMO care to elaborate on what exactly you do want?  These tend to be the current industry standard when it comes to more action based MMORPG (a couple of these could be debated over whether they even meet the MMORPG title) combat.  If you are hoping to find Street Fighter or Mortal Combat in an MMORPG let's just say their is a "Fighting Game" genre for a reason.  Blade and Soul might be more to your liking once it releases in the West if that is in fact what you want but I honestly don't expect them to offer much more than the 4 aforementioned games at the beginning of this post with regards to action based combat in an MMO.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    I'd say Tera, Guild Wars 2, and the Secret World form played experience. Age of Wushu looks good, but I haven't been able to finish the download.
  • ibrahim2712ibrahim2712 Member Posts: 7
    Hack and Slash is what i'm looking for
  • Dony07Dony07 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    TERA has the best combat system by far. You won't find a better action based combat in any other MMO.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Darkfall is the only modern MMO with great combat, really.

This

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Being a console gamer you want Tera or Raiderz. They are the only real action games out there right now with any decent quality. Highly suggest Tera. It is by far the best combat experience for myself in an mmorpg.

Darkfall wishes it was even close to as good as either of the 2 i mention. Just a bunch of Darkfall players selling thier game because the community is mainly not happy at all with the game.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Being a console gamer you want Tera or Raiderz. They are the only real action games out there right now with any decent quality. Highly suggest Tera. It is by far the best combat experience for myself in an mmorpg.

I'll second TERA as a great action combat MMO.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I'll second TERA as a great action combat MMO.

We agreed on something!!!!! HUGS!!!!! and merry xmas!!!!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Funny thing, come to think about it.  We don't have a high end "Wire-Fu" game yet.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

If you want "good" fighting..

If you want GREAT fighting, play Age of Conan.

and Tera is not bad, but the quests, the quests,..

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Hack and Slash is what i'm looking for

Hmmm...have you tried Rusty Hearts?  While not a real MMORPG it does offer online play with other players and is completely hack'n slash.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Darkfall wishes it was even close to as good as either of the 2 i mention. Just a bunch of Darkfall players selling thier game because the community is mainly not happy at all with the game.

Yeah i tried Tera... too similar to WoW.

Never tried Raiderz

If the community did not like DF then we would not be promoting it. 

• mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    DCUO is the closest thing you will find to a Hack and Slash console type game. Tera and the like are just standard hotbar combat in disguise.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    well Vindictus is the purest kind of Hack and Slash gameplay i have ever played. however i would have to say Tera just because i can't stand Vindictus. and besides Tera is absolutely gorgeous if you like super high bubble gum fantasy setting.