Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is jail, Then there is prison...

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

So I got a little carried away today.... I murdered a few people. At about 3500 infamy (you get few hundred per PK) When I entered different areas the system would announce "The infamous _____ has entered the scene" Pretty cool ey? Shortly after I was thrown in jail.. So many "heros" out there. I bought my way out with a nice bit of silver and was given a 4 hour debuff to stats.

I continued killing, I got my infamy up to 7k before the "super heroes" caught me again.. I couldn't by my way out of this one. The system said something like "You've did all sorts of evil today. The players have come together and arrested you. You will be sent to prison."  

I type this while I'm on timeout. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96

Sounds like an sensible system to stop continious griefing. Most MMO's dont have any decent system in place which then allows level (insert big number) to mash lowbies for no fear of reprisal.

This game is shaping up to be half-decent.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Sounds good to me.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by bcbully

So I got a little carried away today.... I murdered a few people. At about 3500 infamy (you get few hundred per PK) When I entered different areas the system would announce "The infamous _____ has entered the scene" Pretty cool ey? Shortly after I was thrown in jail.. So many "heros" out there. I bought my way out with a nice bit of silver and was given a 4 hour debuff to stats.

I continued killing, I got my infamy up to 7k before the "super heroes" caught me again.. I couldn't by my way out of this one. The system said something like "You've did all sorts of evil today. The players have come together and arrested you. You will be sent to prison."  

dont worry you will be executed shortly :)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Jail is for traffic violations, your in prison!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Jail is for traffic violations, your in prison!

There were 5 or 6 other people in jail with me. They were talking and having an okay time in a little bitty holding tank it seemed. In prison there were just  2 npcs and me, in a bigger rectangle type cell.

The worst part about it is my school is going to punish me too. Grandma(leader of tangmen) feels it's ok to kill with moderation.. I guess because Tangmen is nuetral there are school restrictions on killing. I passed the school restriction point earlier today. I haven't been home since...

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

This game once it finishes it transition will be an overlooked gem by alot of people. I haven't really played a game that called back to so many old school sandboxy mechanics in a good while. I found myself comparing this to something like Ultima Online.

Very open PvP system. Everything and I mean everything is player made, I've gone a couple days just starving because I couldn't come across a cook with a decent selling price. Same goes for weapons and armors and tailor making.. Total player run economy for the most part.

I really dig the chance to be put in jail and or prision for your crimes. It does help to combat your extreamly troll pk'rs. Who just want to log in and try to kill everyone in the town for #justbecause. Get too out of hand with it and you will quickly have a bounty on your head and more than enough people willing to collect on it.

I find the skill system to call back to the oldschool types again. Totally open with no restrictions outside of having to actually fine new martial arts techniques. The search is very real and nothing seems to really be handed to the players.

Some cons, because it's not all good ofc..

The English trasnlations of many of the missions is horrid, grammer, spelling, the context just bad in many areas. This can be attributed to the language it's being translated from. Since many of the characters have deep meaning and can mean 2 or even three things when used in a different context. Meh, not like many people read quest dialoge anyhow and the autopathfinding, although far from completely working is decent enough to help you on your travels.

P2W? I don't know yet, as long as they don't start putting all the martial arts skills in their cashop it should be okay for the most part. Everything that's in there is now is purely cosmetic at my first glace through it. From what I understand even the Martial Arts skills that will/would be on the shop would not come with all the abilities in the book, you'd still have to do some in game adventuring to find these..

Speaking of questing and dungeon / instance running. It's very slow, very methodical and will easily take 2-3 hours to complete. I think this was designed so on purpose. Even though translations are bad, no voice overs the story's do have some appeal to them. From killing warlords to helping grandpa with his bandit problem or just delivering some goods

TL;DR The game has some very authentic approaches. Some more accustomed to Western gamers some a little outside the box of what you're used to. I suggest anyone looking for a game with some depth, freedom, and hardcore approach to PVP should check it out. It's almost EVE with avatars once you see the true openess they give you. There are even player owned structures that come in a limited amount so they are constantly having to be maintained and protected..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

bc,  were you killing players that were under your level?  Or was this a consequence for OWPvP in general?

These superheroes.... were they players, npc's or was it just a message you recieved and were automatically sent to jail?

How stiff was the fine to get out of jail?

What did you get from killing other players?

Do you get penalized for killing players whose level is equal to your own?

srry for so many questions....this all seems pretty cool though.

Originally posted by Maephisto

bc,  were you killing players that were under your level?  Or was this a consequence for OWPvP in general?

Well no levels, but interal power levels. Every 5 you reach a new understanding. Lacking understanding > first understanding > Untapped potential >Realized potential > ??? One with nature, I think. I was killing people in the range of first understaning to realized potential. 

These superheroes.... were they players, npc's or was it just a message you recieved and were automatically sent to jail?

Players. People who sign up to be constables. There are some NPC constables too, but the are not just out in the open for the most part. They be around the bank or important places. These are the least of your worries.

How stiff was the fine to get out of jail?

It cost me about 30 silver to bribe the guard. Which is about 3 gold. The best pair of boots anyone can make right now will cost you about 100 silver. The next level down about 15. So not cheap.

To get out of prison iI had to sit for abot 20-30 minutes. I still had all my infamy though. I went back to my school and then the gaurds arrested me. I was sentenced to death. To be beheaded in 3 days at noon. It was either pay or sit for 3 days lmao I payed 280 silver, an insane amount. 

Lesson to the story is kill all you want, but spread it out don't let you infamy get too high. Or just be an ultra badass.

What did you get from killing other players?

For pk'n you get achievments and titles like "Linked Killer (cereal killer)" I was try to get the next one "Murderer". You can rob guild carts too. for that you get bags of stuff you can trade in for other stuff.

Do you get penalized for killing players whose level is equal to your own?

You can, if they put a bounty or a warrent is issued. It's full fledge mni-gmae. With rewards and real punishment. 

srry for so many questions....this all seems pretty cool though.

No problem man. I ask tons ingame.

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    when does this game come out in  america?
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Dward127
    when does this game come out in  america?

This is the second US beta which will last till the 9th of jan. There are no character wipes after this beta.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Launches properly in Febuary I believe.

Am I right in thinking that you can do a prison break in the hour before the beheading takes place? That sounds like a right laugh.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

You can escape from prison by jumping up and down to find a secret passage but i think it's very rare. As for the beheading,i think once the die has been cast thats it, someone is getting the chop. I think you can get someone to take your place but i'm not sure, its something i read somewhere.

I'm looking forward to watching a head roll though.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Wizardry Online has a similar system. Basically it allows for PKing to be a viable playstyle, but it creates a scenario where the more PKs there are or the more a person PKs, the more the PK community implodes on itself. I wrote an overview of it here.

It seems to be working well, so I'm anxious to see how other games fare with it.

As a PK, are you currently enjoying the system as it is in Wushu?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

You can escape from prison by jumping up and down to find a secret passage but i think it's very rare. As for the beheading,i think once the die has been cast thats it, someone is getting the chop. I think you can get someone to take your place but i'm not sure, its something i read somewhere.

I'm looking forward to watching a head roll though.

Knew I'd seen something about it somewhere;

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120529/Introduction_to_Age_of_Wulin_Imprisoning_System_School_Rules-4fc4ed3233484b713-1.html

Prison Break
    Do you have 5 others PK enthusiast friends? Do your friends mind getting extremely high slaughter value? Are your friends strong enough? Most importantly, do they have the guts!? If they meet all the requirements above, and you are in the midst of getting beheaded... Time for prison break!

First of all, you have to send out request to minimum of 5 friends asking them to help you escape from prison. (You can only do this when there's still <1 hour before you got beheaded)

Go into the prison and find 5 switches before time limit, defeat prison guard leader and break the prison door! The moment you break the prison door, an system announcement will be sent to all police players of the server, notifying them that there's a jail break going on. Police players may or may not rush to the prison and attempt to stop you from escaping.

You're freed once reaching designated escape point. (Both you and your friends will receive criminal status) If you got recaptured half way, all participating polices will receive great rewards instead.

Prison break can only be issued again after 3 hours in case you failed to escape.

Sounds awesome.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

lol 100 silver for this junk? such overpriced scam

its not P2W as items and upgrades are made by players

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Launches properly in Febuary I believe.

Am I right in thinking that you can do a prison break in the hour before the beheading takes place? That sounds like a right laugh.

Yes! While waiting for my beheading, I had the option of paying, or have a group of friends break me out. The prison gaurd said that there will be traps and gaurds everywhere. '

It sounds like it's a 6 man dungeon type of thing.

@ rmpcmurry, thanks! Better than I thought it was.

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Wizardry Online has a similar system. Basically it allows for PKing to be a viable playstyle, but it creates a scenario where the more PKs there are or the more a person PKs, the more the PK community implodes on itself. I wrote an overview of it here.

It seems to be working well, so I'm anxious to see how other games fare with it.

My OP took place over about 8 hours. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

My OP took place over about 8 hours. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

That's a damn good sign. Going to check that out later today. Thanks for the info!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i assume there's no perma death, so what happens if you get beheaded?
    Originally posted by atticusbc

I think there is a nasty 72 hour stat debuff. Maybe something like res sickness.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by atticusbc

I think there is a nasty 72 hour stat debuff. Maybe something like res sickness.

Yea theres a day or two debuff that you get after beheading. They really have a good system in in regards to PK'iing and how it effects all parties invovled.. Winners and losers..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    sounds awesome, ima make a big buff char, kill everyone i see. get thrown in jail. see someone in the same cell as me. and well heheheheh its begun.
    Originally posted by scarykids2
    sounds awesome, ima make a big buff char, kill everyone i see. get thrown in jail. see someone in the same cell as me. and well heheheheh its begun.

haha the funny thing is, the first thing I heard was, "Do you want me to lick anything else?" It's a co-ed tank chick pkr talking to a dude pkr lol. 

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    LOOOOOOOOOOL
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    24h debuff