Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Free Play Better Explained

goflishgoflish Member UncommonPosts: 32

There's been a lot of concern/confusion about the limited skills to 30 with Xsyon's Free Play

In Xsyon you have base stats and skills, with this new free play model it works like this:

Base Stats: Base stats are selected when you first create your character, the available base stats are...

• Strength
  • Fortitude
  • Agility
  • Dexterity
  • Intelligence
  • Spirit
  • Perception
  • Charm
You are given 500 points to put into your base stats at character creation and each base stat starts with 50 points (you can raise or lower this number)

Basically you get enough points to get 5 base stats to 90 at character creation if you wanted (your base stats can be taken to 100 in game with normal gameplay, they raise and lower based on what you do as you play.)

Base stats are not counted and not limited to 30 points with the free play option only your skills are capped at 30

Gear is not determined by any levels in the game (xsyon doesn't have player levels), so even though you may not be able to craft an item you can still use or wear it if you get it from another player.

Patch Highlights Since Launch
  • Completely Reworked Skill System
  • Completely Reworked Combat System (it's now similar to Mount & Blade in the sense you can control the directional swing of your weapon and you can control the directional blocking for incoming attacks)
  • Tribe radius now upgrades itself automatically as your tribe population grows
  • Bins are now automatically set to public off of tribal lands
  • Zombies added
  • Creatures can mutate into much harder mutated creatures
  • Totems will now decay and be removed from inactivity (takes 3 months for total removal)
  • Zombies can attack and loot players, can also use the looted items like the armor and weapons against other players
  • Tribe radius changed to a square instead of a circle
  • Player made quests and market system accessed through the totem (was in at launch but didn't work, it is not fixed and working)
  • Lots of new building pieces added
  • Actual housing pieces have been added, you can build your own house (ability to rent out housing coming eventually)
  • Canteens and water barrels added (you can carry water with you and barrels store water at your tribe location)
There's been 100's of bug fixes and tweaks and I'm sure there's a few major things I've missed, I've been really busy for the last 6 months and haven't played much.

Comments

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

Originally posted by goflish You are given 500 points to put into your base stats at character creation and each base stat starts with 50 points (you can raise or lower this number)   Basically you get enough points to get 5 base stats to 90 at character creation if you wanted (your base stats can be taken to 100 in game with normal gameplay, they raise and lower based on what you do as you play.)    

Some of this info is wrong.

You do get 500 points, but not 500 points +50 of each stat starting.

You can have a max of 90 and a min of 10 in any stat. You have a total of 500 points. This is for character creation only.

In game there is no cap to a stat, and you can go 0 in a stat also.

Some of the other things on  your list are also incorrect.

Your list doesn't really do Xsyon's updates justice IMO

-MrDDT

• goflishgoflish Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by MrDDT

Originally posted by goflish You are given 500 points to put into your base stats at character creation and each base stat starts with 50 points (you can raise or lower this number)   Basically you get enough points to get 5 base stats to 90 at character creation if you wanted (your base stats can be taken to 100 in game with normal gameplay, they raise and lower based on what you do as you play.)    

Some of this info is wrong.

You do get 500 points, but not 500 points +50 of each stat starting.

You can have a max of 90 and a min of 10 in any stat. You have a total of 500 points. This is for character creation only.

In game there is no cap to a stat, and you can go 0 in a stat also.

Some of the other things on  your list are also incorrect.

Your list doesn't really do Xsyon's updates justice IMO

then correct it and go it justice!

• eastercoweastercow Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Imo this is pretty much the worst freemium that i saw so far. The fact that you cannot level up without paying isn't free to play.
  • yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by calingrim
    Imo this is pretty much the worst freemium that i saw so far. The fact that you cannot level up without paying isn't free to play.

Absolutely, when I saw that I just closed the webpage.

It sounds more like Free to Trial, wish there was some industry regulation on this to clarify exactly what it is.

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by calingrim

You can level up skills just caps at 30. Lots of games do this.

-MrDDT