Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    What the hell is going on here? lol
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    What the hell is going on here? lol

Softcore and Hardcore.

• yoshiyo1yoshiyo1 Member Posts: 2

Yes, Pirate101 is fun,  but the voting here for P101 is getting way too much publicity.

I am not lying to anyone, KI the company itself of P101 is NOT giving any in-game items to vote.

But P101 isn't ready to win and doesn't deserve it, and that comes from me loving P101.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by NomadHunter1985
    I'm surprised Pirate101 is almost beating Guild Wars 2

Why?  You spam the vote with enough dummy accounts, you can accompish anything.

• tatflametatflame Member UncommonPosts: 7
    WOOT. Thank you MMORPG for not forgetting us soft core and younger gamers. I love Kingsisle and what they offer families when it comes to gaming. For all you nay sayers, doubting the credibility of P101 voters, this is what happens when you tell  children that their favorite game has been nominated for a prize. Mom, please, sign me up there so I can vote for my favorite game. Bamm, you get lots of new subscribers to MMORPG, and a jolt to all the hard core gamers when they suddenly see their favorites being pushed aside by a game they know nothing about.  A majority of P101 players are children, who probably didnt even know awards were offered other than the NICK choice awards (I think thats what its called?) Its in no way wrong for a company to say we have been nominated, now show us your support and vote for us. Otherwise how would they get it to their public to vote for them lol. And how else would MMORPG get more subcribers? This is a players choice award. People just need to remember, that not everyone plays the same style of game as they do. KI has  a huge fanbase. (I wouldnt exactly call 30 MILLION small atleast)  A majority of those that play W101 have tried P101 and loved it. Just because they didnt know MMORPG existed, doesnt mean they dont have a voice.  Dont knock it, till you try it. If its not for you, dont bash it. Because it is for someone else.  Now goodluck to all the other games nominated. And raise ye glass o yum all ye pirates and say ARRR. :)
  • Go Kingsisle's Pirate101!

Everyone has there own opinion, so if they are voting for Pirate101, then its fine, its what there players think. They also try to make there games good for everyone. Just because You don't like it doesn't mean other people don't like it. Unfortunately This Poll was only for games that have came out in 2012, I wish Wizard101 was on there, I do like Pirate101, but Will always be a wizard!

• TheNeelasTheNeelas Member UncommonPosts: 2

Why all the Pirate101 bashing?  Obviously the players of Pirate101 like their game enough to come and vote. And this is the Players' Choice Awards. Right?

I'm an avid P101 (and Wizard101) player. I've also had an MMORPG account for quite a long time but you won't find me on this site posting. I prefer to spend my time playing. And BTW I'm an adult. A mother of grown children and grandmother and I love both games. The very fact that KI has created games that appeal to players of all ages is the personification of innovative.

• MiklaiMiklai Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Given that everyone i have seen that supports Pirate 101 has a total of 1-10 posts in their career, im callin bull on them actually legitimately voting.

So you are saying that those of us who spend our time by actually PLAYING our game,  P101 (and other), instead of over here at MMORPG joining in gripefests on the forums are not legitimate voters?

Guess what? I've had my account here since December of last year (not as long some but only a day after your own) and this is my FIRST post. Which makes me legitimate and not someone who just "created an account to spam votes" Know what else? It doesn't matter. I am an avid PLAYER not COMMENTATOR.

Good Luck to all the games that were nominated. I truly hope that their fans are as enthusiastic for their favoirtes as I am for mine.

SorceressMiklai

• blakefireblakefire Member Posts: 3
    So many people are so hurt because Pirate101 is just as big if not a bigger contender then most of the games listed here. Lol dont underestimate us.
  • Pirate101 is winning by 5% so far!
  • VenaCavaVenaCava Member Posts: 1

A lot of you are right, I DID make an account just to vote for Pirate101! But why would I do that? Because I am an adult married female (no young children, BTW) who is an avid gamer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pirate101! I've played gamed ranging from console survival horror  to WoW and after a while they all get to be same-old same-old, boring rehash/remake/spinoff off of another game. I started playing Pirate101 while it was still in beta, and I have been hooked ever since. The storylines are fresh and compelling, the gameplay is awesome, and really...flying pirate ships?! HOW COOL IS THAT? Maybe this was meant to be a kid's game, but me, my husband, and our nerdy 32-years-old best friend spend a lot of Saturdays shooting buffaloons and sky snakes. 

OH, by the way, Kingsisle didn't give me anything in OR out of game to say this. But, yanno, if they wanted to name a character after me or something I would totally be cool with that!  CALL ME KI!  I love you! Call me! 

• zakpatatzakpatat Member Posts: 1
    pirate101 dafuq 0.o
  • PaigeMoonPaigeMoon Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I would like to send out a great big congratulations to all of the games that recieved nominations and to the winners for this awesome players choise award.
  • nikki2hip54nikki2hip54 Member Posts: 2
    Heck yea PIRATE101 FTW! 
  • victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    So Pirate101 won? Coolness!

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Well, I really dont care what you think of me because I have a low post count.  You live in your world and I live in mine.

P101 is a very innovative game.  The customer base range from very young kids to grandparents.  If that isnt a string case for innovation, we may have different ways of looking at things.

I decided to post because of the false claim that the customers were being paid to post.  Thst person is a spoon just sirring the pot.  I personally play.  My daughter plays and I have a 5 year old son that likes to play.  None of which were approached or given the idea that by voting they would receive any compensation in any form.

On a side note, I have played the debated about Guild Wars.  I have played Wizard101 and Pirate101.  I think both those games are better then Guild Wars.  Thats just my opinion for the way I like to play.  But if Im not mistaken, that's what polls are about.. opinions.

Had it gone the other way and Guild Wars2 won, so be it.  It doesnt change my opinion or which program will be loading when I get to playing.  Its just a snapshot. of people who took the time to actually vote.

• TheDrakeFlameTheDrakeFlame Member Posts: 1
    Of course, Pirate101 had my vote for the Game of the Year, AND most innovative. With Wizard101 to Pirate101, Kingsisle has made a HUGE success in keeping us gamers entertained.  From graphics, to the plot, to the pure awesomess, Pirate101 is not your average MMORPG. It has ENDLESS features which are somewhat addictive, such as Ship-to-ship battling, Broadside combat, housing, the newly introduced PvP system, and many more to come.   I am a 14 year old gamer, and I have been with Kingsisle games since the age of 10.  Both Wizard101 AND Pirate101 have a unique way of capturing the interest of not only us kids, but adults  as well. These games have allowed me to meet many new friends, without whom my life would be boring. 99% of the time I spend on a computer is spent on playing Kingsisle games, and they have affected my life in many ways. I am thrilled to see Pirate101 win Game of the Year, and so are many others. Kingsisle totally deserved this! Congrats!
  • bigx00bigx00 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Pirate101 won GOTY, which was surprising because it was just realesed in october O.o. Im still a big KI fan :P
  • VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Wow just wow...Pirate101 won for GOTY...that is really disheartening. I wouldnt mind even seeing Planetside 2 or TSW winning but Pirate101? Sigh.. sad.

Thank god GW2 won in innovative category though :D.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Vaultar

Wow just wow...Pirate101 won for GOTY...that is really disheartening. I wouldnt mind even seeing Planetside 2 or TSW winning but Pirate101? Sigh.. sad.

I am playing Pirates 101.

Please leave prejudice aside and try it before commenting.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by RedJorge
    Originally posted by Vaultar

I am playing Pirates 101.

Please leave prejudice aside and try it before commenting.

Whats to say he didn't try the game. Maybe he tried the game and thinks it's a peice of crap. Just because you like that kind of game doesn't mean everyone else has to.  You've shown us through your anti-GW2 campaign (yes the one that started with your very first post, and has continued with virtually ever other post you've made) that it's ok for a person to share his bias against a game, so what is the problem with Vaultar's post?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DillpicklesDillpickles Member Posts: 20

All this poll really did..........was make MMORPG.com look really bad and show that the fan's of MMORPG.com are the bottom barrel mmo players.

It's not any different than getting 4chan /b people to vote for  4chan's creator to be person of the year. Novel, sure, truthful, not at all.

PC gamer is one of the only good gaming sites left anymore.

• DillpicklesDillpickles Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by TheDrakeFlame
    Of course, Pirate101 had my vote for the Game of the Year, AND most innovative. With Wizard101 to Pirate101, Kingsisle has made a HUGE success in keeping us gamers entertained.  From graphics, to the plot, to the pure awesomess, Pirate101 is not your average MMORPG. It has ENDLESS features which are somewhat addictive, such as Ship-to-ship battling, Broadside combat, housing, the newly introduced PvP system, and many more to come.   I am a 14 year old gamer, and I have been with Kingsisle games since the age of 10.  Both Wizard101 AND Pirate101 have a unique way of capturing the interest of not only us kids, but adults  as well. These games have allowed me to meet many new friends, without whom my life would be boring. 99% of the time I spend on a computer is spent on playing Kingsisle games, and they have affected my life in many ways. I am thrilled to see Pirate101 win Game of the Year, and so are many others. Kingsisle totally deserved this! Congrats!

LOL 14 years old, nuff said.

Everyone over the age of 30 know's how stupid we were at 14. Literally a mindless ball of hormones. 

BTW, Justin Bieber is also considered "good music" by most 14 year olds.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

well they better be ready for the horde of players,coming to check out game of the year

and they better be ready for a hatewave if it isnt delivering

we all know how nasty a disappointed gamer can be

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Remeber folks SWTOR was the most anticipated one year and look how that turned out, I hope they didn't curse ESO. lol.