Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They have altered the deal. Aka, the membership debacle

lantesh1lantesh1 Member UncommonPosts: 31

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2228

Essentially, it appears Snail has decided to back out on the permanent horse they were offering after people already bought their statuses and are now givng them rental items. Suffice it to say, people are not happy. I wasn't thrilled with the game to begin with, but seeing this go down, it's like another Allods situation all over again (an otherwise interesting game getting torpedoed by greedy cash shop decisions).

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Selling elite editions promising a permanent mount, then changing the deal AFTER everyone has already paid is pure shadyness.  Pulling stuff out of the package that was advertised just to be able to sell more stuff is garbage.  I was going to VIP, but now they aren't getting another dime.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• JianyuJianyu Member UncommonPosts: 42

This is a major disappointment. As it stands, I'm waiting to hear an official response to the player outcry, but I don't intend to spend another dime on this game until we receive one.

Really this game is fantastic, and it's going to be a huge shame if Snail's poor practices cripple it before it even has the chance to get out of the gate. I was all about spreading the gospel of Wushu until today, but now I can't in good conscience recommend it until this, and the other recent customer service issues, are resolved.

Check out my blog, Adventures in Atys!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    who puts all this incompetent management people in charge of MMOs, recently I feel like they are all out for a shitstorm.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I don't know.  Usually I'd be up in arms about something like this but this game seriously has surprised me with how good and different it is.  Things like engrish (here and there) and the general cheapness of their website would have made me put it into an automatic failure catagory but I can't help but feel that my loss of a perm mount isn't all that bad.  I'm still playing the game and I'm still planning on spending money.  A real sandbox that isn't in alpha at release that's beautiful and very playable is worth an awful lot in my book.  Simply put there isn't anything like this game out excepting perhaps eve so it's not so easy to just throw away the key here.