Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Short-term MMOs

dotdotdashdotdotdash Llandrindod WellsPosts: 364Member

Would you play an MMO that, among other things, placed a heavy emphasis on a central, 30-40 hours long story campaign, rather than on any form of long term "end game" commitment?

Pretty straight forward question.

Comments

• VrikaVrika FinlandPosts: 2,576Member Uncommon
    Yes, just as I do play single player games. However, I'm not sure why that game should be made an MMO. Why not do it as a single-player game, or co-op game for small group, much more fun that way.
  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,395Member Uncommon
    Maybe, if that campaign was really good. However, I'd wonder why the game is an MMO instead of a single-player RPG and I certainly wouldnt stay subscribed after completing the campaign.
  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    Something designed like that is a single player game.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat SP, MOPosts: 312Member

Well it would depend.

If I play a game and it's only going to be 40 hours of content and then you are done, it really should be free to play.

If I play a game and it's at least 120 hours or more of content, I don't mind paying a reasonable price for it. I'll get my money's worth.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,496Member Uncommon

You mean GW2? I hit max in less than 100 hours, but it felt like everything after the initial 20 hours was just a repeat, but with different higher level areas, the core gameplay and lack of new skills stops early on.

since I only played it for several weeks, there you go short term mmo

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Why would I do that, when I can play a singleplayer game that does it a thousand times better?
  • HedeonHedeon GraestedPosts: 954Member Uncommon

sounds like most  MMO´s, in the last couple of years, well when you strip away all the annoying side quests, either way I do enjoy a focused story in games, just dont understand why MMO developers decide to waste 5, or so, years to develop a game that wont last more than a couple of days for the fast, and maybe a month for the slow...instead of just make the single player game, for the audience that want an interactive movie, that last for about 40 hours

• LarsaLarsa NurembergPosts: 990Member
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

Would you play an MMO that, among other things, placed a heavy emphasis on a central, 30-40 hours long story campaign, rather than on any form of long term "end game" commitment?

Pretty straight forward question.

Pretty straight forward answer: No.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.