Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

still waiting for pvp

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

any new word when/if they will implement the pvp in this game? i would really like to play again.

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Wow! They still don't have it in (forgive me, haven't played in months and have not read any of the updates since).  At this rate, I think the expansion (if there is one) would probably be the timing of this.  In other words, don't hold your breath.
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Don't know and don't even care...bought it, played it a week, and now it's catching dust.

Most dissapointed game in 2012 for me....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

well for me the biggest thing this game lacks is pvp, its the main reason i played diablo 2 for a long time.

its what gives the game replay ability and makes me actually want to make my characters as strong as possible, so i can compete in pvp.

without pvp there is no point to just grinding the same content over and over.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    dueling is in for 1.07 patch.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by baphamet

well for me the biggest thing this game lacks is pvp, its the main reason i played diablo 2 for a long time.

its what gives the game replay ability and makes me actually want to make my characters as strong as possible, so i can compete in pvp.

without pvp there is no point to just grinding the same content over and over.

There is a "balance" problem. Some classes are gonna "own", others are just gonna "suck". Diablo 2 was different, people went into that game with a different mentality. There were MF sorcs with a clear role, hammerdins with a clear role... Now people cannot stand that anymore, they ask for "balance".

I remember the rivers cried some 5-6 months ago by every melee character about them not being able to do act II + Inferno and ranged having an "advantage"... I can see the rivers cried now by non-barbs when they see 10mil geared barbs killing elites in 3 seconds on MP3... My thoughts are "screw balance, Diablo was never about balance, no one stops anyone from rolling a ballerina barb or anything", but it seems the main part of the "community" does not think like this anymore... They HAVE the PvP from a long time now, it just seems not "balanced" or "rewarding" enough for most of today's Diablo crowd. Let's not be that naive to forget the fact tha PvP might be a good tool (if not even the best tool) to make more money out of the game. It's the new Diablo, with the WoW mentality.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    1.07 will have dueling.
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    1.07 will have dueling.

The problem is it is neither what blizz has promissed or what the d2 fans wanted, regardless of how these visions were different.

Its just a quick and dirty thing to throw in (and that should have been there at launch) so that pvpers dont scream so much and people like you can say "See!?! Blizz has given you pvp!!! Praise Blizz!!!".

"Good enough" instead of "good" forever.

Flame on!

:)

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    still waiting for Diablo 4, maybe D4 can make me forget how bad D3 is.