Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game with great end game content

Ok boys and girl i need your help. As Thead says i need you guys to tell which of the following games has best end game content and why!

1: Aion

2: Lotro

3:World of Warcraft

4.Guild wars 2

5.Rift

6: Some other game and please why!

Cheers! ;)

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Eve because it doesn't have endgame
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Marinkovich

Ok boys and girl i need your help. As Thead says i need you guys to tell which of the following games has best end game content and why!

4.Guild wars 2

5.Rift

Cheers! ;)

If you are talking about end game content then i would go like this.

1. WOW

2. LOTRO

3. RIFT

4. Aion

5. GW2

As for why, well it mostly due to how long these games have been out but as far as GW2 goes, their is not alot going on.

Personally i think EQ2 beats them all for content and end game content.

• MarinkovichMarinkovich Member Posts: 15
    Thanks man! Anyone else?
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I consider PvP to be the best endgame content.  Currently I am still enjoying the PvP in GW2.

I would rank EVE online as the single greatest game as far as content both beginning, middle, and end.  Sadly though I, like many others, do not enjoy playing a space ship.

If you are just referring to PVE though my opinion is worthless as i've never done such a thing.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    WoW is just a lobby game, people spend their time jumping in the main town while waiting for the various queues.
    I enjoy both PVE and PVP so try to give me little more details.Thanks!
  • ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

WOW has best end game content.

SWTOR has the worst end game content.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    This depends on what you want to do. If you want end game content to be about dungeon running group/raid then WoW is probably your best bet. Aion has some good open PvP in some areas along with its own set of group content, though not as robust. I can't comment on Rift or LotRO.

If you are looking for more than just a dungeon end game experience then GW2 will be your best bet. You can travel anywhere in the game and you are auto leveled down to that content in order to run events or missed hearts in that area. Of course if you are geared out the deleveling will still see you facerolling content. Taking off accessories should help this :)
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

FFXI.  Best endgame content.  Easily.  Because it has so much content it's crazy.  AND one could consider leveling other jobs up part of that endgame.  The sheer amount of missions available with awesome story spans the whole game and the milestones every 5 levels after 50 make it seem like one could choose which endgame level range to choose from and complete. 

Lotro is second due to being very similar to this design, minus the one character any class any time aspect.  But it too sets milestones and tons of objectives via deeds, epic story, legendary weapons, warsteeds, reputations and so forth.

WoW would be my third as it has a hefty endgame, while not exactly "deep" it is apparently f un for many and something anyone could aim for and focus on.  WoW's main issue is the jarring change of pace and gameplay from leveling to cap to post cap gameplay.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by DMKano

Life has the best endgame - permadeath, 1 character per account, best graphics to date, more sandbox features than I can even think of, skill based mostly (there's a lot of pay to win too, but that's how the industry has been lately). The personal story is very dynamic, as is the rest of the game, and there are more than 6 billion players. There are areas with mass PvP, some training might be required to participate, but open world PvP is everywhere if you chose to go that route, there might be consequences however.

So far everything pales in comparison.

You forgot full loot (again with consequences - some quite harsh) and an amazing lore system. Well there is leveling, I'd agree that it's more of a sandbox than a themepark (I suppose it depends on which race you chose and your starting area). The end of the game sucks though. There's limited healing and it's very expensive and time consuming to level up. I haven't found any viable magic classes (not for lack of searching, let me tell ya). As for me, I spend too much time in the on line store.

*edited for clarity

Please stop with troll comments. I need to find a game that i will enjoy for next year or so.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

4.Guild wars 2

5.Rift

Cheers! ;)

From your list LotRO ,  but i also would recommend EQ2 for endgame and Antonio BAyle server also ..

How grindy is EQ2 and is it pay to win?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by DMKano

Life has the best endgame - permadeath, 1 character per account, best graphics to date, more sandbox features than I can even think of, skill based mostly (there's a lot of pay to win too, but that's how the industry has been lately). The personal story is very dynamic, as is the rest of the game, and there are more than 6 billion players. There are areas with mass PvP, some training might be required to participate, but open world PvP is everywhere if you chose to go that route, there might be consequences however.

So far everything pales in comparison.

Some of us are counting on the resurrection option image

Merry Christmas. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ok... serious post:

Aion: I never got to endgame on this. Even though it's free to play, it has some annoying bugs/ glitches and so many gold sellers it drives you nuts. The flying was a big let down for me. If you like PvP though, it might be worth playing just for that. Edited to add: This is a very typical Asian grindfest MMO with an enchanting system that will make you want to throw your keyboard through your monitor.

Lotro: Have not played, no opinion.

World of Warcraft: This game was fun up through WotLK. From Cataclysm onward, it's just been a downward spiral. However, there is a lot of end game content and so much reputation grinding and pokemon pets (gotta catch 'em all) to keep you busy for a couple years... or until Blizzard kills it. Or until you die of boredom.

GW2: Unless you enjoy PvP or WvW, there really isn't an endgame. There's no instanced raiding. There are some open world zones (Cathedrals in Orr) that are somewhat like raiding. But in general end game consists of WvW, Fractals or Explorable Dungeons. However, as a buy to play game, it's worth picking up.

Rift: A WoW clone with end game raiding similar to WoW. Word of warning, the leveling process is extremely boring with this game. However, the game shines once you finally do make it to max level and can participate in the end game content. Trion is also good about releasing new content far more often than WoW. If you like the idea of character customization and can only afford one sub, choose Rift over Wow.

thanks guys,I will go with wow. got free battlechest from blizzard yesterday anyway
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Among this WoW of course
    thanks guys,I will go with wow. got free battlechest from blizzard yesterday anyway

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I'd say WoW out of all those games on the list.
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

pokemon games because you are not finished unless you have all the pokemon at max lvl.

and cbf ever doing that XD

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    everquest 1 best end game content yet period
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by quseio
    everquest 1 best end game content yet period

its only raids. wow has many other things to do

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    How grindy is EQ2 and is it pay to win?

EQ2 isn't pay to win unless you consider xp potions to be pay to win.  It has the same grind as all MMOs do but there is a metric ton of content to go through and it's a lot deeper than WoW.  You'll have a great time in WoW no doubt but if for some reason you like it but it doesn't feel robust enough for you give EQ2 a try as it will last you at least a year.  It's completly free but the bronze level is kind of a trial because even though you can level to 90 there are bag, bank and character slot restrictions that may make it a drag for you.  If you try it and like it throwing down the one time 5.00 for silver status is recommended.

While we're on the subject Vanguard is a great game as well and has a F2P model.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy WoW, it is a very fun game.  I get tempted every now and then to jump back into Azeroth image

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

wow coz im bias heh :3

but on a serious note.. i just started aion and about to play gw2 and secret world as well.

will leave a more serious comment when i get a grasp of them games :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Out of that list? All are pretty bad, but I guess GW2 because it has RvR, even if its gimped RvR.