Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reply to an official ArenaNet answer at GW2 official forums about loot drop nerf.

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Despite this thread (and any other in these forums dealing with GW2) bringing out the trolls I have to agree wholeheartedly with OP. I too was pissed after reading him/her nonsense about concrete date.

That somehow 1200 posts wasn't concrete enough for him/her.

You guys know the history of my posts. To think that they were taken over by money grabbing execubots just really infuriates me. 

Anyway there's a ton of posts (yes surprisingly they are all still up) on the main thread expressing people's disdain for the Stephane's nonsense. They closed down the 1200 slot thread that had pleanty of data there for a months time, and the dev team has the raw data. The fact that they aren't doing anything about it and asking people to post to a new thread their experiences says to me that they don't care, or that it's working as intended despite the comments made by JonPeters earlier in the week about how DR is still being adjusted. According to Stephane it's not and it's perfectly fine despite our perceived notions about the deal.

I've personally given up on this title until they fix this but not just for loot issues. Engineers as a class have suffered injustices when compared to the other classes in the game in regards to pve. It's been almost four months now and they still haven't taken engineers out of the beta testing stage and what's worse is every single significant patch has nerfed engineers even more under the excuse of "versitility taxation" which classes like "the king of versatility" Elementalists haven't endured in the slightest. So I'll be watching but from afar until they solve these issues. Hopefully next year they can bring in someone who has a brain and can actually dedicate some time to a calendar because whomever they have doing the priority bug list over there doesn't know what the hell he's doing. (yeah engineers REALLY need three to four patches for underwater combat because underwater combat is THE most important combat ever!)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, if you disagree with a poster, you can do so without insults or personal attacks.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by RedJorge

...You and your company need to realize with whom you are dealing with.

From all the posts I read here I can surely affirm that in this thread have posted people with twice your age, with family and huge responsabilities, with professional careers that would pale the careers of all your staff put together and with effective and executive power in their everyday businesses that most of you can not even dream of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4YbO_1mvA

EDIT: not a personal attack, just a visual parody

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The answer was an absolute joke and showed another time, how totally out of touch ANet is with their own product.

The overall handling (or rather ignoring) of the issue and finally closing of the topic just shows how out of touch Anet is with their community. I can very well see why alot of people are upset.

My personal conclusion is that they will never get another cent from me -nor in the cash shop and neither for an addon.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by RedJorge
    We complain because we CARE. We come here to inform you and your company and vent our frustrations about the shortfalls of this game because we LOVE it.

'Caring' does not make you more immune to observational bias.

We used to do the Annual lecture about: "Yes, it is a PRNG. Here are statistical analysis of the random numbers produced. Like most PRNGs, it is insufficiently random for cryptography, but much more than sufficient for gaming purposes."

That tends to just confuse consumers who lack the statistical mathspeak to understand the testing routines involved.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Jeez, this guy again?  A whopping 44 posts with nothing but an agenda against this game.  Please go play another one and leave the rest of us alone please...
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

There is some kind of a silent loot nerf though, and trash mob tagging has been berfed. Over the past 10 days even.... I used to get drops off all the trash mobs by the canons during Claw, now I'm lucky if i get a junky ice crystal.  White items are few and far. I will say Orr produces plenty of loot during some of the DEs, though I have noticed fewer moldy bag drops. Mats have been fudged a bit. I think this may be a way for them during holiday times to produce better gem sales by fudging loot drop percentages, or due to the replacement of certain drops with holiday packages.

I mean, it would be in their best interest to do this and no surprise to me at all. In fact I expect this since it is a good way to drive better gem sales for gem to gold conversions.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

The sheer fact that they posted this:

we don’t think that the randomness mechanism is misbehaving, but we’re running some data to be sure there isn’t anything unexpected going on. So far nothing shows anything suspicious but we’ll keep gathering data and analyzing it.

Tells me all I need to know, one being that they have full control over the "randomness mechanism" and two being that they have been actively gathering and analyze the data for a while. Yeah gathering and analyze to make sure profits stay healthy. Yeah I know that many mmorpg devs do and have had control over these things since the dawn of mmos. But the weight of this for sub based mmos vs. those with cash shops is not something one should over look. Furthermore, to stay silent for several weeks and then come out and basicly say: "Oh pffft! We been checkin this stuff out for a while and so far we ain't see nothing suspicious." doesn't exactly pass the smell test. Yeah nothing suspicious for you maybe.

Honestly a better answer would have been:

Because we use a anti farming software along with our RNG script, it may appear at times that you are not getting drops like you may have gotten in the past. One scenerio could be that the AFS is actually overriding the RNG script when it's not suppose to. But now that this has been brought to our attention we are asking our players to give us feedback on items which may not appear to be dropping as frequently as before so we can rule out this scenerio. And with your help, we can figure out if we need to rewrite any script effecting drops or further tweak our anti farming software. Thank you.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Corehaven

What have we noticed?  Waves. 

Loot waves.  For whatever reason, loot seems to drop all at once.  We farm bloods or were doing that.  We would get many in a short period of time, and then not a single one more for perhaps an hour or longer, then suddenly a bunch would drop off various mobs all at once.

Rolling average and two thresholds that drive a drop multiplier.  That would create the waves as described.

If I recall correctly, there is a similar mechanism in GW1.  I farm there regularly when I'm bored.  Sometimes it's mega drops, other times the identical farming will produce very little.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    From all the posts I read here I can surely affirm that in this thread have posted people with twice your age, with family and huge responsabilities, with professional careers that would pale the careers of all your staff put together and with effective and executive power in their everyday businesses that most of you can not even dream of.

I got as far as this paragraph. Then I decided that, if you're going to stoop to a childish "my dad is bigger than your dad" way of making your point, then your point isn't worth reading.

ANet will think so too.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    People just med because they cannot get legendaries in one week. U have to actually earn it through some hc grinding.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    It is a business. They need to make money. The cash shop is the only way they have to do so after a player buys the box. You are pissed off because they want to entice you into using their cash shop?Welcome the the world of cash shops :)
    To be honest, I never considered GW2 as f2p item shop game, may be I misunderstood changes inside ANet or their policy as I was so hypo about GW2.

Anyway seems like they took some actions and improved drop rate like some hours ago, as today I got less bugs and more drops then usual.

May be all these posts made difference.
    Main time I feel like GW2 is nothing we waited for... Sorry to tell but I got more fun with my 4 GW games, was not poor and got a lot to do.

I see GW2 need some improvements, so or more changes to make it better will come or game will just die fast.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

I directly responded to this matter in a video that Anet actually checked out and found nothing wrong with it.

Check This

It's the gamer not the system just because you lose one way to do something. Doesn't mean your handcuffed thats just a lazy mind looking for the easy way out. I support them by buying gems when I want to. I am NEVER EVER forced to or even compelled to by GW2 system. If you feel forced to buy gems quite frankly your not doing it right. Don't blame the company honestly blame your lack of research or info on the matter. Because me and about 20 other you tubers put it out there how to own the economy in this game. And it's not like we are hiding your just not looking. So yea post like this get my official your lazy dismissed stamp.

For anyone complaining further beyond my post. I challenge you make a video and post it using my or anyones methods for gold/karma/loot drops. See if you still struggle or have ANYTHING to whine about. I am for surely not a fan boy check my combos post on the gw2 main forums Im all but calling the company out. But right here I see lazyiness crying and Im calling it out.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    OP - you don't care - you want to complain that it is not going your way. Post on the official forum, not on another where you can get 'haters' to chime in.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by teotius
    People just med because they cannot get legendaries in one week. U have to actually earn it through some hc grinding.

naw, a lot of the items are needed for general crafting, and with such small profit margins in crafted gear anyways, the low drop rates cause players to go to market for high priced mats that were set at unreasonably high prices, which cause the crafted itme to cost more to make then the profit off the item itself. This causes folks to just sell their items at these prices as well instead of crafting with them. It becomes a never ending cycle.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by botrytis
    OP - you don't care - you want to complain that it is not going your way. Post on the official forum, not on another where you can get 'haters' to chime in.

There used to be a lot of so called "haters" on the Anet forum but they left when every post that wasn't pro-GW2 was getting them temp banned.

People with constructive posts regarding actual problems are not haters, but they do bring out the problems with GW2 and to the GMs over at the official forums that's "hating" so we get slapped with the banhammer, honestly, it's part of the reason I quit.

Want to see how a moderator who actually cares about their game responds? The people working over on GW2 forums have no idea about their own game and don't care about it, they just work for their paycheck. 

http://i.imgur.com/eoZ4f.png

What do you think is more likely to get the message across, temp banning someone with no reason or that response? You would have to be a complete jerk to continue acting the way you did after receiving a message like the one I got from Minea.

I think the icing on the cake was that they implemented the fix to the problem I was complaining about in that thread Minea PMd me about in the following weekly patch.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

There used to be a lot of so called "haters" on the Anet forum but they left when every post that wasn't pro-GW2 was getting them temp banned.

People with constructive posts regarding actual problems are not haters, but they do bring out the problems with GW2 and to the GMs over at the official forums that's "hating" so we get slapped with the banhammer, honestly, it's part of the reason I quit.

Want to see how a moderator who actually cares about their game responds? The people working over on GW2 forums have no idea about their own game and don't care about it, they just work for their paycheck. 

http://i.imgur.com/eoZ4f.png

What do you think is more likely to get the message across, temp banning someone with no reason or that response? You would have to be a complete jerk to continue acting the way you did after receiving a message like the one I got from Minea.

I think the icing on the cake was that they implemented the change I was complaining about in the thread I made in the following patch note.

There are a lot of posts and threads that are about problems, issues, and concerns and presented in a constuctive manner. So since your statement can be proven false or simply found to be false by anyone with a couple of minutes on their hands what does that say?

Secondly are you saying the thread the OP linked is a pro GW2 thread with nothing but Pro GW2 comments?

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Honestly, I have no idea how it is now, I left when they were super trigger happy about 2 months after release, i'll assume with the decline in playerbase they've become more lenient, who knows.

But I remember talking with people from our server about the WvW forums and we had all been banned before for simple complaints about problems with WvW.

The WvW forum was probably the worst place to be, constantly deleting the matchup thread, locking them, purging posts, locking for mass edits, banning people in waves.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Btw in WVW on a high pop map you can absolutely SUCK at pvp. And still get loot drops and gold on a massive scale.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

He was reposting what he posted on the official forums... a quick click of the link in the OP would have shown you that.

• neve1272neve1272 Member UncommonPosts: 44

OP was on that thread on the forums with sevaral posts

weeks of good feed back was simply dismissed

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

"You and your company need to realize with whom you are dealing with.

From all the posts I read here I can surely affirm that in this thread have posted people with twice your age, with family and huge responsabilities, with professional careers that would pale the careers of all your staff put together and with effective and executive power in their everyday businesses that most of you can not even dream of."

Bwahahahaha, you did not seriously send that to them? You have to be a teenager or a 40 year living in his mom's basement, there's no way you're a working adult - let alone high powered executive. lol

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    ANet's handling of this issue hasn't been ideal, but I honestly don't know what you're so upset about. The whole post sounds more than a bit childish TBH.
  • VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72

The OP is a bit melodramatic , but ...... why would ANET reply in this way? They coded the patch, so they should definitively know that either they did or did not nerf loot drops. Unless they want to admit publicly that they haven't a clue how to program their own game. I doubt that is the case. More likely this is a stall while they review the results of the patch financially, comparing gem purchases,refund requests and increase or decrease in player activity across servers.

I got out long ago over other issues, but this is one more reason not to get back in. Very evasive response.