Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planing on buying this or GW2

fafnir123fafnir123 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Hi

I'm getting more interested in this game the more i heard people talk about it but at the same time i'm also interested in Gw2

So the only obstacle i have right now is 2 things...my budget and low end PC

My spec is this

AMD X2 5200+ 2.8 Ghz

ATI 5670

4 GB RAM

I know this PC is almost archaic but it the best thing i got right now and upgrading is out of the question...

So can i RUN this game at all?i don't care about all the flashy stuff and even the lowest of the game is ok for me if the game got 20+ FPS

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    you will struggle with it, probably have major fps lag if you can run it at all. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    It should run with Medium settings and shadows completely off with those specs.

Joined - July 2004

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I can speak for Gw2, you will have low fps in gw2 too. Graphic card and cpu is way too low. You could play on minimum with maybe around 20 fps...
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381
    The secret world isent actully system hungry so them specs will get desent framerate at mid settings.
  • fafnir123fafnir123 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Cool..some say this game demanding and some say don't

now i'm confuse ....they remove the trial right?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Your pc will run gw2 on medium and tsw on low.

As to the games themselves tsw would be better at dungeons and story / lore, but gw2 is more of a strong all round game, with good pvp (though not as good as more pvp orientated games like eve and planetside) and for a themepark game decent crafting.
  • motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42

Hi, u can use this web http://www.systemrequirementslab.com for check if u pc can run the game.

i get in tsw low spec and is prety nice so 

i vote for tsw over gw2 is better end game and the history men the history is awesome, i only test for now two the frist dungeons and are awesome nice boss with mechanics prety nice

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I've never tested either game on a low end PC, so I can't answer your specs question. However, having played both GW2 and TSW, I think TSW has a much better story and a more complicated character development system, while GW2 has better combat and is just a more well-rounded product. It's business as usual for these two developers: ANet makes polished, high-quality games with a lot of innovative ideas that are more than the sums of their parts, while Funcom has some absolutely brilliant ideas that it mixes with good dose of crap, the end result being very uneven.

You could use System Requirements Lab, but it's not particularly reliable. Here's a video of what GW2 looks like on a 5670:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-zRVtpL4s

I couldn't find a similar video for TSW with a quick Youtube search.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Thats a tough cookie. I have both games and neither is especially friendly to low spec hardware imho.

Whats your native screenresolution?

I probably would go with TSW since large scale PvP is pretty much out of the question with those specs and its imho the superior PvE game. Also combat in GW2 is pretty hectic with lots of effects and movement as well as positioning going on. I think low FPS would be alot more annoying/problematic in GW2 than in TSW.

Then again the games are pretty different, it won't help you to get the better game for your system if you don't like it.

*double post

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Well you can get TSW much cheaper than GW2 if money is an issue.

Money is not that big problem but i don;t want to spend money playing a very laggy game...

i mostly play with 1440X900 but i wouldn't mind playing it in window mode either as i said i don;t really care about the graphic so much as i want to enjoy the gameplay itself

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Secret World offers deep immersion, free from classes and levels gameplay, more strategic gameplay and WAY better storytelling and mission design - also cheaper.

GW2 is rated T for teen and set in a fantasy world. Was bored to tears in 2 days.

TSW is rated M for mature and set in a darker, more thrilling world. Playing since August and still motivated. 

Make your choice

Hardware: set everything to low and use DX9 instead of DX11. Then try adding detail as long as your framerate keeps acceptable

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Save your money, both are average games.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

This convo almost ended without my name plastered in it.

Anywho TSW (my pick for obvious reasons) is B2P and your specs are better than mine. i run fine on DX9 and Medium settings. Following the story will be a enjoyable experiance, the sheer customizeation behind your character is excellent. No skills are restricted by level and the only really level in the game is your ability levels and they are all increased by collecting SP.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

my other halfs pc is low end and we play tsw together. she does lag a little but not offen.

GET TSW! its awsome :)

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Hi, I have an AMD 64 Athalon X2 5000 with a GForce 9500 GT card and I can run both games very well. GW2 on med to high settings and TSW on medium to some higher settings. GW2 good frame rates for the most part and TSW med to decent frame rates with the occasional lag.But both games are very managable. You just got to tweak things a bit for max playability in TSW.

Hope this helps...

EDIT: Oh and I'm running @ 1920x1080 on a 24" LCD

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

both games are a good choice. 

TSW is heavier to run though.

I guess you should check every game feature and details, compare them and see wich one you would like most. 

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    Save your money, both are average games.

May I suggest you find a different hobby?

To the OP:  I believe you might be able to still find TSW for a very low price ~$15.  It is an absolute steal at that price.  As far as I know, GW2 hasn't been discounted yet.  So, I'd go with TSW over the two.

Originally posted by fafnir123

Money is not that big problem but i don;t want to spend money playing a very laggy game...

i mostly play with 1440X900 but i wouldn't mind playing it in window mode either as i said i don;t really care about the graphic so much as i want to enjoy the gameplay itself

At that resolution both games will run decently with medium settings i believe. I asked because i have some, albeit small, issues with TSW at very high resolutions which could have been very detrimental with your specs. But like i said, at that resolution it won't be an issue.

At this point i believe it has come down to taste. Go with the setting you prefer, fantasy vs urban, teen rated vs mature. Personally i think TSW is underrated, while GW2 is (still)overrated. Also the weapon switching in GW2 annoyed me to no end.

thanks a lot guys...

after all the comment I would definitely go for TSW

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Cool..some say this game demanding and some say don'tnow i'm confuse ....they remove the trial right?

At the moment you need someone to send you a trial invite and it's only good for 24hrs. They are reworking the trial.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

You can get TSW for 22€ on Steam. Don't even think twice about it, it's a much better game than GW2 which will cost you at least double the cash.

About system specs, it'll struggle to run both games, but it should run them at low settings.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Cool..some say this game demanding and some say don't

now i'm confuse ....they remove the trial right?

At the moment you need someone to send you a trial invite and it's only good for 24hrs. They are reworking the trial.

Oh is that so..

So anyone here got the code?

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I've got 3 keys, but I'm not sure how their invite system works. They ask for an email address, so if you PM me yours I can send you a key. I think sending it to myself may bind that trial account to my email address.