Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSpy: Shocking Interview With The War Z Developer

13»

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Also watch this video, it's hilarious and sums up WarZ as it stands now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrKdAjN4DM&feature=player_embedded

ya that was hilarious. and thanks for the link fix >.<

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by korvass

I dunno.. I ready it just now, and it seemed like Gamespy were attacking the guy unnecessarily over the same minor issues. He was pretty blunt about it. Maybe he could have said things in a different way, but Gamespy were being a litle bit douchey about it all. I would be frustrated too, if I were him.

The main point of contention seems to be this 100 player thing. In the original Steam feature list, it says 'Up to 100'. Then people start crying about it when they only see 50? And that's the main point Gamespy kept bashing him over the head with.

The whole thing seemed kinda lame and blown out of proportion to me. Then again, I'm not interested in the game, so I can afford to be objective.

It just seems to me that the sense of entitlement among gamers has risen sharply in the last 5 years. Like, any time a few small details are out of place, people scream 'law suite!' and grab pitchforks.

Seriously, if you're interested in this game, and the core idea of the features interests you, just pay your Goddamn money and play it, give it a shot. Quit whining because you think 'up to 100' means 100 exactly!

The reason why he focused on the "100 players" so much was not because that was the only issue with Steam, but rather because he couldn't get past that the issue due to Sergey refusing to answer the question directly and instead tip-toed his way around the issue pointing the blame to us gamers for minsinterpreting the information. The interviewer was making it a point to let the readers know how much of scumbag Sergey is. Though, yes, I agree he should have moved on to other issues because he obviously wasn't going to give the answer he wanted to hear.

Honestly, the word "entitlement" has lost all meaning to me. It is the end all rebuttal everyone uses to win any argument. The problem is we are entitled. But not the way you're implying. They promised all of these amazing features were in the game when they weren't and aren't going to be for qutie some time.

Are we not entitled to those features if we bought the game and they said they were? Hmm. If this game was in beta and they said "coming soon" now that would be a different story. But that isn't the case.

And these aren't "a few small" details.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by UristMcDwarf

I dunno.. I ready it just now, and it seemed like Gamespy were attacking the guy unnecessarily over the same minor issues. He was pretty blunt about it. Maybe he could have said things in a different way, but Gamespy were being a litle bit douchey about it all. I would be frustrated too, if I were him.

The main point of contention seems to be this 100 player thing. In the original Steam feature list, it says 'Up to 100'. Then people start crying about it when they only see 50? And that's the main point Gamespy kept bashing him over the head with.

The whole thing seemed kinda lame and blown out of proportion to me. Then again, I'm not interested in the game, so I can afford to be objective.

It just seems to me that the sense of entitlement among gamers has risen sharply in the last 5 years. Like, any time a few small details are out of place, people scream 'law suite!' and grab pitchforks.

Seriously, if you're interested in this game, and the core idea of the features interests you, just pay your Goddamn money and play it, give it a shot. Quit whining because you think 'up to 100' means 100 exactly!

The reason why he focused on the "100 players" so much was not because that was the only issue with Steam, but rather because he couldn't get past that the issue due to Sergey refusing to answer the question directly and instead tip-toed his way around the issue pointing the blame to us gamers for minsinterpreting the information. The interviewer was making it a point to let the readers know how much of scumbag Sergey is. Though, yes, I agree he should have moved on to other issues because he obviously wasn't going to give the answer he wanted to hear.

Honestly, the word "entitlement" has lost all meaning to me. It is the end all rebuttal everyone uses to win any argument. The problem is we are entitled. But not the way you're implying. Here's the thing - they promised all of these features were in the game when they weren't. Are we not entitled to those features if we bought the game and they said they were? Hmm.

And these aren't "a few small" details. These are major promises that quite affect the game.

ya this 'entitlement' argument almost always turns out to be a strawman. "you feel entitled, making you morally inferior, therefore you are wrong."

wtf kind of argument is that?

as McDwarf points out: its not entitlement if you paid for it. you sell me a house with 2400sqft in it, when you've told me it has 2600sqft, ya im gonna be pissed. and no, im not gonna sit there and think, ah well, he really meant well.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• SabbathSMCSabbathSMC Member Posts: 226

I bought the game have played many hours over 5 different characters. The hackers were so bad towards the end our team just quit playing until private servers are out.

I know they did change up how many per server and have been doing this since day one adjusting it to try and find the right amount. 100 players on the map they have now is way way way to many. heck even 50 imho is to many and it should be around 30-40 for that paticular map.

I have been through alot of games at the begining where they have had just as many if not more issues than these guys. As for the interview i agree he got sloppy towards the end, but you can see he was being hard pressed by the interviewer which caused him to loose his cool.

Once they have the private servers back up im all in on this game its a blast until the hackers took over.

played M59,UO,lineage,EQ,Daoc,Entropia,SWG,Horizons,Lineage2.EQ2,Vangaurd,Irth online, DarkFall,Star Trek
    and many others that did not make the cut or i just plain forgetting about.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by SabbathSMC

I bought the game have played many hours over 5 different characters. The hackers were so bad towards the end our team just quit playing until private servers are out.

I know they did change up how many per server and have been doing this since day one adjusting it to try and find the right amount. 100 players on the map they have now is way way way to many. heck even 50 imho is to many and it should be around 30-40 for that paticular map.

I have been through alot of games at the begining where they have had just as many if not more issues than these guys. As for the interview i agree he got sloppy towards the end, but you can see he was being hard pressed by the interviewer which caused him to loose his cool.

Once they have the private servers back up im all in on this game its a blast until the hackers took over.

If they ever put the private servers up. With the way I see things going I can't honestly think that this game is going to last long in the market. They claim they've been working on it for 2 years and yet the features WarZ has are very few.

Smile

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    Ok, I was on the fence about this game since DayZ isn't "released" yet. But after reading the arrogance of this guy, no touching this game at all.

This is kind of a point for me. No offence to you or your opinion, but what does it matter if he's arrogant? It's not like you have to have a beer with him, or look after his goldfish. :)

Surely the only thing that should matter to you as a gamer, is whether the game is fun for you to play and invest money in.

I tend to think that it should also matter to any consumer who their money goes to as well.  It isn't possible for many people due to costs of living and the like, but whenever possible, and when I know something about a company that will play a role in whether or not I spend money on their product.  But as I said before, it isn't always possible because you can't do research on every single item you buy, or you wouldn't have time for the rest of your life's activities.  But when they make it this easy to see where your money is going, I think it is good to take it into consideration.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    Ok, I was on the fence about this game since DayZ isn't "released" yet. But after reading the arrogance of this guy, no touching this game at all.

This is kind of a point for me. No offence to you or your opinion, but what does it matter if he's arrogant? It's not like you have to have a beer with him, or look after his goldfish. :)

Surely the only thing that should matter to you as a gamer, is whether the game is fun for you to play and invest money in.

I tend to think that it should also matter to any consumer who their money goes to as well.  It isn't possible for many people due to costs of living and the like, but whenever possible, and when I know something about a company that will play a role in whether or not I spend money on their product.  But as I said before, it isn't always possible because you can't do research on every single item you buy, or you wouldn't have time for the rest of your life's activities.  But when they make it this easy to see where your money is going, I think it is good to take it into consideration.

Exactly. Even if the game is okay why would you want to ever waste your money when the company practices shoddy dealings and has rude developers who call their players names and blatantly lie? That just means the future of the game is unknown and you would be taking a risk by spending money on it, not knowing if the game was even going to survive (especially with these rumors circulating that they are going to take it down in 6 months anyways).

It's not worth my money to take that risk when I could just wait for the DayZ standalone.

Smile

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Heres another shocking interview:

http://www.yourewinner.com/index.php?action=stitovinterview

It was in regards to the 'worst game ever made' which ironically used Sergey Titov's game engine. I think its a real eye opener as to exactly what kind of person he is and why WarZ is getting all the negative press.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by yorkforce

Heres another shocking interview:

http://www.yourewinner.com/index.php?action=stitovinterview

It was in regards to the 'worst game ever made' which ironically used Sergey Titov's game engine. I think its a real eye opener as to exactly what kind of person he is and why WarZ is getting all the negative press.

Wow this guy been such a rip off for a long time why do folks keep falling for it, maybe now that the cat is out of the bag he will not be able to pull this stuff any more. 

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334
    I have conflicting feelings about what Iv read, I guess I dont have an opinion on it one way or another.  I just wanted to post this though, please tell me if it made you laugh in a pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD3OfVVVI88 cause I almost cried.

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Crappy out of touch producers are the main reason games fail these days.  The more I learn about this scam the more sick I get with this industry.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i knew this long ago when the game first went into alpha...he released a patch and called all the PKers down and wont say how but it was a very un-nice word. Needless to say i spent 1 week in this game and demande dmy refund and got it 3 days later. :p