Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why do people some people sign off on forums

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Am I missing something? How do you even know if someone is logged on or off?

Thanks for that.

EDIT: it's a great post, I'm just giving you a hard time. Inquiring minds need to know right.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by eyelolled

thank you for that, I now have a better understanding for your position on GW2.

Another prime example of someone bringing GW2 into a non-GW2 thread /eyeroll Eyelolled.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I...........love.............really.....big.......sigs!

/thread

-discuss

~Ramonski7

**edit I forgot to add: GW2 ROXSOX!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Another prime example of someone bringing GW2 into a non-GW2 thread /eyeroll Eyelolled.

Lol ^^

• IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Iczer

Also ...

Wait, did you mean

… (ucode 2026) or ... (ucode 002Ex3) or ............ (tab replaced with . leaders)?

Yes

-Iczer

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    That doesn't bother me as much as people who misspell "feel" and "oops".  Every time I see that, I have to resist the urge to correct them.
  • IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    That doesn't bother me as much as people who misspell "feel" and "oops".  Every time I see that, I have to resist the urge to correct them.

How about "alot" instead of a lot.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-alot

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

Lol ^^

Good times.  Actually I don't feel bad when a poster logs off - it generally is a good indication that they reached the end of whatever they were trying to say.  Thus I get the last word.  Muhahah <until tommorrow, but thats another day>

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Signing off like that has always stuck me as either narcissistic or a cry for attention but I never actually cared about it.People can do waht they want with their posts unless MMORPG.com says otherwise.
    Why don't all these people that sign off sign in as well?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by bishbosh2

ffs ur name is clearly displayed, u dont need to sign off

eg.

~bishbosh2

srsly one of the most irritating things ever. does it really make you fell special?

inb4 everyone signs off in this thread to piss me off

huh? image

-MMObroimage

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

ffs ur name is clearly displayed, u dont need to sign off

eg.

~bishbosh2

srsly one of the most irritating things ever. does it really make you fell special?

inb4 everyone signs off in this thread to piss me off

You do have to admit you asked for it. Anyways im bored of it now. The only thing that bothers me on the forum is when people speak with a lack of paragraphs. I mean i would be happy to help, but not if i have to reread it several times because i lost my place.

And in terms of the person (whoever it was) who decided to attack me via the TSW community. i have around 15 new players on my friends list and me on theirs so that if they have a question they have somone they can ask.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Dim_sumDim_sum Member Posts: 17

I suspect they think being annoying is a small price to pay if they are remembered.

Go with peace and enjoy life.

*vomits*

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

ur name

u dont

srsly 

inb4 

you shouldn"t complain about other people's posting habits

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by Rayshe

And in terms of the person (whoever it was) who decided to attack me via the TSW community. i have around 15 new players on my friends list and me on theirs so that if they have a question they have somone they can ask.

As an FYI, the jest was taken out of context when the mod deleted the part about irony, as I stated that I hated  a thread getting derailed by someone starting a flame war.

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174

Signing off really doesn't bother me.  In a way, it adds a bit of a personal touch.  I guess I'm used to people doing that in email and feel it fits in fine on forums, too.  That makes me think of a guy at work that signs every email with "Please advise."  Every single email ends like that.  It must be in his sig.  I swear, he sent me an email that went like this:

Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!

Please advise.

Johnson

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66

im not generally someone who gets pissed off by small things like some posters were suggesting, this is just a silly pet peeve.

i do think it is a bit narcisstic and it gets in the way of the flow of threads when i am reading through them. I dunno do these people feel that someone how being themselves makes their opinions more important or something? 

from my experience most of the people that sign off like that (not all of them) tend to be a bit full of themselves and act like smartarses. not saying everyone is like this, it has just been my experience posting in online forums.

~bishbosh2

^ see how stupid that looks

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

it is used to avoid piracy of ideas. 

~Myself 

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Iczer
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

How about "alot" instead of a lot.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-alot

"Loose" is another one that drives me batty. It's lose not loose, people! lol XD

As a side note, the picture is cute. <3

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93

Seriously peepz!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    My guess is it adds a touch of personality to their postings.

Kyle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

At first glance I thought the title of the thread was, "Why do people sign off on forms."  I was going to say that it was part of my plea deal.  

I guess I don't really see many people sign off on forums, well - until now that is.

~ Roxtarr out

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• xBarachielxxBarachielx Member Posts: 15
    ~ Low self esteem.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by XAPGames

In some forums I do it to promote name recognition.  Given that we have signatures, I don't see the need to do so here.

Never took much notice of names, and never will.   I most certainly don't read sigs, which are a pointless affectation.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

I just hate.