Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: The Raft Starter Zone Dev Walkthrough Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment's David Brevik hosts a terrific beta gameplay video featuring the Marvel Heroes starter zone, The Raft. The video shows off how items are equipped, attacks, experience orbs, leveling, waypoints and much more. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Looks surprisingly decent, but Rock Paper Shotgun's preview wasn't exactly glowing...

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Now where have I seen that before? Oh, yeah. Marvel Ultimate Alliance, one of my favorite games.

I'll admit, it looks fun. Not sure why it needed to be online.............David and Jay still sharing design queues?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Ugh... Not a true Marvel MMO. It's just Marvel Ultimate Alliance Online (really it should be called that), which is an okay game but I see no reason for it to be online when they could make an awesome 3D Marvel MMO that rocked. But I guess I'll just keep dreaming.

Smile

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Add create character customization and we have a winner;-)
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Marvel version of Diablo 2. As long as the loot is similar (randomized stats), this will be a great game.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    Marvel version of Diablo 2. As long as the loot is similar (randomized stats), this will be a great game.

I used to think this way, but in truth, in diablo 2 the best items had very similar stats on the unique items or using runewords. 

Though it would be nice if there were a game where it came down to truly uniquely rolled loot.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You know what? That's looking great.

With the randomly generated public zones this is definately heading in the right direction.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    Add create character customization and we have a winner;-)

I don't get this arguement really. Pick any other ARPG, add public zones to them.. and all you would see is clones of all the classes. Everyone would look the same. This game is going to have more classes (since each character is a class of it's own) than any other ARPG we've seen before. Most character diversity we've seen in this genre.

@Vannor its a stupid idea in this game too have 20 wolverins clones working around. Its just Marvel ultimate allience which i like, but i dont like is this being a mmo.
  • JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

What is the limit on how many Heroes you can per account?

Is there any exploring?

Are all the heroes player controled?

I figure they will have group missions for advanced but will this be like TOR, a single player game with online access?

With the loss of COH my intrest is much lower for some reason.  I figure its the chance of this game closing always looming that has distracted me.

@Vannor its a stupid idea in this game too have 20 wolverins clones working around. Its just Marvel ultimate allience which i like, but i dont like is this being a mmo.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that'll it'll look silly with loads of copies of iconic superheroes all running around. It's just expected from the ARPG genre. Like if 4 monks in D3 are in a game together it looks silly cos they all look the same. It's what the genre is like.

@Vannor so wait its a ARPG game i thought it was a mmo? So i take everything back wat i said about this game only if its a ARPG then it dont need create toon customizaton.
    @Vannor so wait its a ARPG game i thought it was a mmo? So i take everything back wat i said about this game only if its a ARPG then it dont need create toon customizaton.

What? It's an MMOARPG. MMO isn't a genre on it's own... people just assume MMO now means MMORPG, cos it usually does.

If people consider about 50 people in the same zone to be an MMO anyway...