Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New pc build for GW2

KaraminalKaraminal Member Posts: 58
<p cfbody"="">

So im creating my new build soon, and just wanted to know if my new build will be suitable to run GW2 on med-high settings

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007II8ZNQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=AICOGDY4JLNPG

This is the bundle i am hoping to get my OS is windows 7 32 bit. Please give me advice and what gpu to get,

I have a budget of 50 pounds for the gpu so i wont need the best gpu, also would i need a new psu if im upgrading my motherboard and such?

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

If you could list what parts you have now, which parts you have already bought, and your budget for remaining parts that would help.

If you can, try to get a windows 7 64 bit.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Definetly go 64 bit
  • blootmageblootmage Member UncommonPosts: 10

The board and the CPU are descent  but I would recommend more ram (6 gb would do) but I guess 4 gb is the min right now .

and as far as PSU goes , it depends to what PSU your using right now and what its wattige is (Example: 600 Watt or 500 Wat more than enough) and then again depends on the GPU your going to use

and get 64 bit OS

I doubt you'll find a gpu for 50 pounds that can run the game on high but maybe on mid settings

depends what you want

ummm http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-Graphics-PCI-Express-PureVideo-Technology/dp/B0086UKQ50/ref=sr_1_669?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1356207506&sr=1-669

Hope I helped you!

Cheers

• KaraminalKaraminal Member Posts: 58
    Do you guys know if my cpu comes with a cooling fan, because that box looks too sma to fit one in :S
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

It looks like you're planning on getting a cheap junk motherboard that can barely handle the processor, leaving a memory channel vacant, and then buying a discrete video card.  That's the wrong route to take entirely.

If you're trying to build a passable gaming system on a severe budget, then you should go with an AMD Trinity setup.  Get an A10-5800K together with a Socket AM3+ motherboard and 1866 MHz DDR3 memory, and use the integrated graphics rather than buying a discrete card.  Your budget doesn't have room for a discrete card meaningfully faster than integrated graphics, anyway.

Something like this should get the job done:

http://www.ebuyer.com/398761-amd-a10-5800k-black-edition-3-8ghz-socket-fm2-4mb-l2-cache-retail-ad580kwohjbox

http://www.ebuyer.com/406724-asrock-fm2a75m-dgs-a75-socket-fm2-vga-dvi-5-1-channel-audio-matx-motherboard-fm2a75m-dgs

http://www.ebuyer.com/394610-kingston-8gb-1866mhz-ddr3-xmp-hyperx-predator-memory-khx18c9t2k2-8x

That will get you a nicer system for less than you were planning on spending.

But again, a lot depends on what else you have in the computer.  What other components do you already have that you're planning on reusing?

And you really want a 64-bit version of WIndows, not 32-bit, or your system will struggle for lack of memory.  Getting a new computer means you need a new OS license anyway, so you might as well go with 64-bit.

Originally posted by blootmage

I doubt you'll find a gpu for 50 pounds that can run the game on high but maybe on mid settings

depends what you want

ummm http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-Graphics-PCI-Express-PureVideo-Technology/dp/B0086UKQ50/ref=sr_1_669?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1356207506&sr=1-669

Hope I helped you!

If you're not going to get a video card that is any faster than modern integrated graphics, then you might as well just save some money and go with integrated graphics.

What do you mean by the motherboard not being able to handle the processor, if its a bundle shouldnt it be paired together for maximum output?
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Quizzical

It looks like you're planning on getting a cheap junk motherboard that can barely handle the processor, leaving a memory channel vacant, and then buying a discrete video card.  That's the wrong route to take entirely.

If you're trying to build a passable gaming system on a severe budget, then you should go with an AMD Trinity setup.  Get an A10-5800K together with a Socket AM3+ motherboard and 1866 MHz DDR3 memory, and use the integrated graphics rather than buying a discrete card.  Your budget doesn't have room for a discrete card meaningfully faster than integrated graphics, anyway.

Something like this should get the job done:

http://www.ebuyer.com/398761-amd-a10-5800k-black-edition-3-8ghz-socket-fm2-4mb-l2-cache-retail-ad580kwohjbox

http://www.ebuyer.com/406724-asrock-fm2a75m-dgs-a75-socket-fm2-vga-dvi-5-1-channel-audio-matx-motherboard-fm2a75m-dgs

http://www.ebuyer.com/394610-kingston-8gb-1866mhz-ddr3-xmp-hyperx-predator-memory-khx18c9t2k2-8x

That will get you a nicer system for less than you were planning on spending.

But again, a lot depends on what else you have in the computer.  What other components do you already have that you're planning on reusing?

And you really want a 64-bit version of WIndows, not 32-bit, or your system will struggle for lack of memory.  Getting a new computer means you need a new OS license anyway, so you might as well go with 64-bit.

I agree with Quizzical don't bother getting a graphics card for 50 pounds it's not going to be any better or worse than getting an integrated solution. A Trinity setup would suit your needs and budget perfectly.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Originally posted by Karaminal
    What do you mean by the motherboard not being able to handle the processor, if its a bundle shouldnt it be paired together for maximum output?

The motherboard from the bundle will run as opposed to, say, spontaneously combusting.  But it uses a very old chipset that AMD never meant to be paired with that processor, so it might disable some features of the processor or otherwise run slower.  And the motherboard is cheap for a reason.

If you have a full retail version of Windows 7, then you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions and can install whichever you wish.  If you have an OEM version of Windows 7, then the license is tied to the old computer that you're replacing and you'll need a new license.

The motherboard from the bundle will run as opposed to, say, spontaneously combusting.  But it uses a very old chipset that AMD never meant to be paired with that processor, so it might disable some features of the processor or otherwise run slower.  And the motherboard is cheap for a reason.

If you have a full retail version of Windows 7, then you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions and can install whichever you wish.  If you have an OEM version of Windows 7, then the license is tied to the old computer that you're replacing and you'll need a new license.

I dont have that windows 7 disk anymore as i have moved house since then and alot of stuff got lost etc. So can you help me find a good build from overclockers.co.uk as i trust this site alot and i can get refunds.

• blootmageblootmage Member UncommonPosts: 10

So basicly its going to bottleneck then?

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

You want to get the AMD A-10 processor for the integrated graphics. The FX cpu is not what you need.

Look at the A-10 and motherboards for it, otherwise you will have to buy a cheap gpu that is not any better and may be worse than the integrated.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by jdnewell

You want to get the AMD A-10 processor for the integrated graphics. The FX cpu is not what you need.

Look at the A-10 and motherboards for it, otherwise you will have to buy a cheap gpu that is not any better and may be worse than the integrated.

On a budget I think you would be better off sourcing a Phenom 2 x4/X6 (Thuban or Zosma) from Ebay at a low price and getting at least a Radeon 7770.

On that budget the only way to play GW2 at acceptable resolution framerates and quality is to get some good deals on ebay IMO.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by grndzro

On a budget I think you would be better off sourcing a Phenom 2 x4/X6 (Thuban or Zosma) from Ebay at a low price and getting at least a Radeon 7770.

On that budget the only way to play GW2 at acceptable resolution framerates and quality is to get some good deals on ebay IMO.

Pairing an AMD A10 with a 6670 gives the graphical performance close to a 7850. Going the Phenom 2 and 7770 route you are going to pay more and get less out of it. 

Having just built an AMD A10 right paired with a 6670 recently I can say with certainty it is a much better option than the phenom 2 and 7770. 

An 13 with a 7770 is slightly better than the A10 and a 6670 but its also more expensive. 

A true budget gaming rig benefits from an A10 paired with a 6670 giving you a good bit of performance for next to nothing. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Pairing an AMD A10 with a 6670 gives the graphical performance close to a 7850. Going the Phenom 2 and 7770 route you are going to pay more and get less out of it. 

Having just built an AMD A10 right paired with a 6670 recently I can say with certainty it is a much better option than the phenom 2 and 7770. 

An 13 with a 7770 is slightly better than the A10 and a 6670 but its also more expensive. 

A true budget gaming rig benefits from an A10 paired with a 6670 giving you a good bit of performance for next to nothing. 

Hybrid Crossfire dosent work in GW2. it is still DX9. Reccomending it for GW2 makes no sense.

Hybrid Crossfire dosent work in GW2. it is still DX9. Reccomending it for GW2 makes no sense.

That would me my bad for glosing over the GW2 requirement lol. Yes in regards to GW2 specifically the phenom 7770 combo would be better. My appologies for not paying full attention, it is Sat. night after all lol. 

That would me my bad for glosing over the GW2 requirement lol. Yes in regards to GW2 specifically the phenom 7770 combo would be better. My appologies for not paying full attention, it is Sat. night after all lol. 

No problem lol that wasn't off the top of my head either. Only found it in my mad dash trying to avoid being wrong ^^

And in order to make the Hybrid crossfire really shine pretty much requires very fast ram and overclocking everything, Thus adding more $ to what would normally be an HTPC build.

The point of Trinity is to use the integrated graphics.  There's no sense in getting a Trinity system and adding a discrete video card.

Hybrid CrossFire is a bad idea.  It's erratic at best, and will give you much bigger driver problems than "normal" CrossFire.  And even normal CrossFire (or SLI) with low end cards is a bad idea right from the start.  Hybrid CrossFire is worse, and will sometimes give performance worse than just using the integrated graphics alone.

The point of Trinity is to use the integrated graphics.  There's no sense in getting a Trinity system and adding a discrete video card.

Hybrid CrossFire is a bad idea.  It's erratic at best, and will give you much bigger driver problems than "normal" CrossFire.  And even normal CrossFire (or SLI) with low end cards is a bad idea right from the start.  Hybrid CrossFire is worse, and will sometimes give performance worse than just using the integrated graphics alone.

So far I've had great experiences with it. I've actually come to love building new APU rigs. I've built 3 Llanos and 1 Trinity, waiting on parts for my second Trinity build. 

The Hybrid Crossfire has proven to be pretty good. It sadly takes a great deal of trial and error and some wonky setup to get everything up to snuff but once you do its proven to be worth it. 

In all honesty I think I like building the APU Hybrid Crossfire rigs purely because of the difficulty in setting it up lol! When you finally get it perfectly setup and running as it should theres a nice sense of accomplishment.