Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I start playing again?

hotfrosthotfrost Member UncommonPosts: 20

Hey all, I've been bored for quite a while and I was thinking to start playing EVE again, only there are some things that stop me.

I've played EVE before, but not for long only like 2 months but I loved it and damn, this game was good is what i said to myself back then.

I stopped playing after 2 months because I didn't really knew what to do, the only thing I was doing aaall the time was missions, missions and missions because I just couldn't get the ISK for the things I needed.

Now I really want to play again but I'm wondering if you guys can tell me what more there is to do? I love this game but there are also things I hate about it. Perhaps you guys have some useful tips & tricks and also a nice Corporation?

Comments

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Dunno how long you've been out but the new tutorials are awesome and show you a wide range of professions on their own.  You can always start a trial and knock out the tutorials and see what looks like fun then re-sub your main and do that.

The generic response is: The only limit to what you can do in this game is you (and, well, your skills...  :p )

Finding a corp isn't hard, finding a decent one can be.  If PvP is your interest then lookup Faction Warfare and/or Red vs Blue.  Don't pay anyone to join their corp, watch out for high tax rates (anything over 15-20 is pretty lame, imo.)  Browse the official forums and the recruitment section in-game.

Hope ya come back and stay!

GL HF, Fly Safe,

o7

• hotfrosthotfrost Member UncommonPosts: 20
    "the generic response is: The only limit to what you can do in this game is you"

Yeah this is my main problem probably, I don't know what to do next to missions. Mining seemed kind of 'brain-killing' stuff to do and well that's like it. I found it hard to discover new things in the game, that's probably why i kept doing missions I didn't know where to go and what to do.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    What would you like to do?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Malcanis
    What would you like to do?

As far as I know the only two things I am actually able to do are mining and missions :p

• invaderzladinvaderzlad Member Posts: 19
    I have the very same problem. :)

www.gamersbook.com - Community for Gamers.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

So you really think running missions and mining are all thats out there?

Check this out

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

The biggest thing to do as a newbie is to find a corp, a good corp. That will be one of the harder things you have to do as a new/returning player.

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156

meh anyway, if you do decide and need a new account use mah buddy code for an extra 7 days

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f86e280c-af83-470a-ab1c-995f824d02

J. B.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Exploration is pretty fun and you can get into it very very short training. Pays better than the low level missions too.
    Originally posted by Kilrane

So you really think running missions and mining are all thats out there?

Check this out

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

The biggest thing to do as a newbie is to find a corp, a good corp. That will be one of the harder things you have to do as a new/returning player.

Woah, that's a lot indeed, but most of them require you to have a corp that actually works and helps with you. Still I might consider resubscribing after seeing this ^^

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    There's no escape, eventually you'll want to come back.
  • EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206

As others have said - get in a player corporation.

One that is still good with newbies is E-Uni.  It's changed a lot in the last few years but offers more options than before as you progress.  Some of the differences - a lowsec campus,, nullsec campus, wormhole campus, Amarr mining campus as well as the corporate HQ in highsec.

It still has one set of policies that really help even if the rules bind a bit: 

They have a "work fair" forum where other groups may come to recruite members of the uni into their organizations.  It isn't a 1-way gig either.  If you leave and find the new group to be a bad fit, you can return to the uni.  If you find it to be a good fit, no hard feelings and best wishes.

It is still a rather unique institution within EVE - probably the most famous group beyond the game itself, having articles writting on how they operate in this game world.

A "starting point" as it were.  So you can get your feet under you and learn what you want to focus on. 

Note that it does have a bit of an "anal" reputation about it's rules.  It's tough organizing and keeping around 2,000 characters from messing up relations and such with other groups so they do enforce their rules.   So when those rules bind, it's probably time to move on but the door only closes if you screw up the rules while in the place.