Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu First Look& Second Look

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Preview

I do apologise I didn't account for the epic LOUDness of the game. So the music actually drowned me out alot in the video.But people still liked the review anyway. So i was encouraged to post it here.

This game is rather interesting a bit stiff on normal animations. But very good on fighting animations. That kind of confusing me because it's usually the other way around. I did the first 30 minutes of the game. This is due to the fact your limited to a hour a day of play.

======================

Second Look

I had to do a second look. Because the first look ended up being too loud lol...And this one I put on TGN as well. The game has some promise attacks look really well done. But it has a major centering problem. And appears too stiff on simple animations while its fluid on advanced ones. 

Comments

• BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Preview

I do apologise I didn't account for the epic LOUDness of the game. So the music actually drowned me out alot in the video.But people still liked the review anyway. So i was encouraged to post it here.

This game is rather interesting a bit stiff on normal animations. But very good on fighting animations. That kind of confusing me because it's usually the other way around. I did the first 30 minutes of the game. This is due to the fact your limited to a hour a day of play.

an hour a day to play, after your first 10 hours =)

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Arallu01
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Preview

an hour a day to play, after your first 10 hours =)

I read that it was 10 hours first then an hour a day, however, that was not the case for me, it only allowed me an hour a day from my first log in (yesterday)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Nice I will play more tonight with the sound better controlled lol.....See if i can get a good feel of the game out on video.
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    It told me I only had an hour a day but I played for several hours the first time I logged in. I have since purchased the $19.99  pre-order. I think its a pretty fun game.
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    I started to create a similar video, but seeing as how the game is so unique, I didn't want to make one until I had some play time under my belt.
  • lantesh1lantesh1 Member UncommonPosts: 31

Tried the game, interesting concept, but it has the same rough edges that many games of it's type seem to have. The GUI is the biggest roadblock, with bits and bobs located everywhere on very tiny buttons and text either cutoff and/or poorly translated in cramped little boxes. It was workable, but between that and my other issues with it, it was enough to keep me from trying it longer and suffering through it until I became used to it. My other issues with it were that there are a lot of holdovers from its country of origin (like the "stay online for X amount of time for a gift!" system which encourages longer play as these games are typically played in a cafe setting and more time online=more money for the cafe/game). I also got very frustrated trying to figure out what to do with one of the life skills (sometimes translated to chess, sometimes not) as one of the npcs did not respond at all, and even after using a youtube video to learn about it as the help screen essentially said "Watch the tutorial" and then had no tutorial to watch, I had no way of knowing what I was supposed to do and ended up failing over and over again.

There's a definite charm to the game, and the art/design of it is very nice, but as is usually the case, there are way too many funky design decisions based around the business model and the typical barebones UI issues that only get worse when localized that make the experience harsh. It's by no means unplayable, but the rough edges made it painful enough to not be worth getting at any of the more interesting bits underneath.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game is very good and I look foward to release.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

started yst had 11h

@lantesh1  

I did a second look this time it was fun until the game kicked me out after a hour.......You literally see it do it at the end lol.
    Unless it changes drastically some how I wont do a third vid.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

This game and it's mechanics still have me somewhat confused.  I suppose I'll keep at it.  I can't decide if it's the translations or just the way everything is set up that is so confusing.  

Also OP I don't agree one bit that there is anything wrong with the animations, they are as fluid as I've ever seen (very GW2 like).  People and their animation critiques never cease to amaze me.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    I started to create a similar video, but seeing as how the game is so unique, I didn't want to make one until I had some play time under my belt.

I really hope you do SuperXero.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    They have a long way to go before this is live worthy 
  • cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    The US version isn't region locked, so you might as well play it. Having EU-based servers is nice, but not a must for a game like this. Besides, GPotato is doing the EU version and it's an awful company.

Better off playing the Russian beta that's happening at the moment. This version of the game is much better than the US one - the graphics seem sharper and the UI is better (especially the chat/system text). It also has some slightly more advanced features, like the meridian system, which isn't in the US version.

After playing both it seems Snail Games US is really short-changing their intended customers. I hope the EU version will follow the Russian one, and therefore be more like the current released version in China.

You can find details about how to play the Russian beta in English here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/page/1