Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caved and prepurchased.

SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I've never really trusted adventurine, but currently patching up.

I really couldn't stand the first game, but the idea is so incredibly appealing to me i just have to try.

Ofcourse It'll be a little beta buggy but i hope i can get a general impression of how this is different or better at all..

Despite the first darkfall.. I'm still excited as this is patching.

Anyone else that had a bitter taste after the original and still pre-purchased?

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

I never had any performance issues with the first game it run really well, so nothing to complain about with that...

But it was hardcore :D

Right now Unholy wars beta is as it says BETA :D believe that ok first... You will have 3 processes running (all with same .exe name) two of which will be taking up considerable amounts of ram whlle 3rd not at all so much. Although all 3 will be using as much cpu as you can muster, As in 100% consistently if you are on dual core. Reason being I believe is one of those large instances running is the debug mode, it seems to be done a little crude and not within the main application run isntance but a seperate one tagged on or something, and in places where there are a fair few people there are unfortunatley micro stutters ever 2 seconds or so.

People say to run out of the area to a different starting place, but Its ok with that I would think if you are on a i5/i7 etc but if ur not the debug mode stress on the system could still show I guess.

He will be removing the debug first thing in the new year, so things should change dramatic like after that for those with less pc specs. Be optimisitsc on it as it seems that this will run as smooth as darkfall did, I can see that when playing just wish debug mode was not so toll taking :D

Enjoy..

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Well balls.. I'm near finishing the download and the servers get locked >.<..

Currently wondering how I'll talk about my experiences in this game compared to the original without breaking NDA.

"Scratches head"

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

well just comment on what is already out there.. Don't knock the games you do this with, all games in beta should get a fair crack of the whip regardless of what state they are in perse.

The only time to be a critic of ill on such things is when its out to the public and if nothing has changed.

If you want to keep track of the servers in your system tray you can use the original darkfall monitor that was coded.

http://www.dfotray.com/

they still use same links to monitor them so its handy to see at a glance when playing something else when the EU and NA servers are up or down etc.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Agoden

Currently wondering how I'll talk about my experiences in this game compared to the original without breaking NDA.

"Scratches head"

You can talk all you want  in beta Forumfall (darkfall oficial beta forums).

Be carefull though coz if Darkfall is hardcore as a game , forumfall can be even more.

P.S. Its "Aventurine" not "Adventurine"

Originally posted by gchris7

"Scratches head"

You can talk all you want  in beta Forumfall (darkfall oficial beta forums).

Be carefull though coz if Darkfall is hardcore as a game , forumfall can be even more.

P.S. Its "Aventurine" not "Adventurine"

Hah, never noticed that.. "ad"venturine just seemed to make sense in my brain ^^;

I realize it'll be a little on the hardcore side, but I'm a pretty passive critic, i usually try to weigh the good against the bad, rather then just hammering on about the bad or good.

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    I guess P.T.Barnum was right

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440

"Scratches head"

Tasos from time to time posts some information in public: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=338419

"To simply describe the bug in question: It's a persistence bug: some players, sometimes, will lose all their stuff."

Hopefully they keep servers down to fix it. If the bug would be gone, beta would be 10x more fun.

OFC. one may argue that "some players, sometimes, will lose all their stuff" is what DF is about - but it's something different :-)

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    madness
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I would have waited until release.  No rush.
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Yep, a wise decision.

Can honestly say that i have no desire whatsoever to login again, canceled the recurring sub about 5 hours after i first played.

The game really feels like it was made in 2000 or something.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Yep, a wise decision.

Can honestly say that i have no desire whatsoever to login again, canceled the recurring sub about 5 hours after i first played.

The game really feels like it was made in 2000 or something.

If I recall it actually was. Its a engine that just keeps getting updated over and over again.

SNIP