Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one having a blast?

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by gchris7
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Cant think of any reasons to play that game, unless ofc you like that type.

You really think this game is Korean?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Biskop
    You should do some more research. AoW is one of the most innovative games to date, with immense depth and lots of cool, unique features. Too bad a lot of people dismiss it just because it's Asian.

I mentioned another 5 reasons which to me at least are vital for an mmorpg.

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

My bad just saw that its from China (that's probably even worse lol).

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

You should do some more research. AoW is one of the most innovative games to date, with immense depth and lots of cool, unique features. Too bad a lot of people dismiss it just because it's Asian.

This guy probably got a copy of The War Z... You would've been better off tossing your 20 bucks at Age of Wushu.

Has some unique qualities that stand out more than some of the more modern games I've played recently. TSW, Tera and dare I say even GW2

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    Am I the only one having a blast in the beta now the servers are stable?

you are just having a blast longer than most.  Because for many (like me) it stll isn't too stable

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

If you dismiss it for those shallow reasons alone you'll miss out on some pretty awesome stuff. Just sayin'. 

Originally posted by Biskop You should do some more research. AoW is one of the most innovative games to date, with immense depth and lots of cool, unique features. Too bad a lot of people dismiss it just because it's Asian.   I mentioned another 5 reasons which to me at least are vital for an mmorpg.   Originally posted by GwapoJosh You really think this game is Korean?
    If you dismiss it for those shallow reasons alone you'll miss out on some pretty awesome stuff. Just sayin'. 

Shallow reasons? Tab target combat, not open world, themepark, how are those reasons shallow?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Biskop You should do some more research. AoW is one of the most innovative games to date, with immense depth and lots of cool, unique features. Too bad a lot of people dismiss it just because it's Asian.   I mentioned another 5 reasons which to me at least are vital for an mmorpg.   Originally posted by GwapoJosh You really think this game is Korean?

Shallow reasons? Tab target combat, not open world, themepark, how are those reasons shallow?

Those are hardly shallow reasons to avoid Age of Wushu (gesundheit?).

I'm at the point now where I do not play theme parks, I only play open world MMOs, and I simply cannot play games with tab targetting. These facts, combined with the Made In China label, are enough for me to not to even think twice about this title.

Anywho, Age of whatever has it's own forum I'm guessing. So...

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Those are hardly shallow reasons to avoid Age of Wushu (gesundheit?).

I'm at the point now where I do not play theme parks, I only play open world MMOs, and I simply cannot play games with tab targetting. These facts, combined with the Made In China label, are enough for me to not to even think twice about this title.

Anywho, Age of whatever has it's own forum I'm guessing. So...

The game is not a themepark... Not close. honestly that's ridiculos to say. If you are who you say you are, open world ffa pvp sandbox guy, you should try too. sorry for getting this off topic. I was responding to the second post in this thread.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    This has gone way OT already, so I won't elaborate.

To those saying AoW is a themepark I'll just say check the game out, you'll be surprised.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    I am having a blast also - MUCH better than the first game and I get a solid 5+ hours in a day and it is so addicting!!!
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    Am I the only one having a blast in the beta now the servers are stable?

did they fix the item persistance bug?

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by Vannor

How about you just accept that most people don't use lag for hardware related problems and be done with it? Otherwise you're just a poor communicator. You might be right technically but what good is that if people don't know what you really mean?

let me break it down for you, since the textbook answer was too complicated:

Lag= latency, internet connection, orverworked hardware

Latency=slow communication between client and server

Latency in ONE of the causes of lag. lag is NOT only latency. if i wanted to talk ONLY about latency i would have said latecy, but i didn't, i wanted to encompass all LAG related issues which INCLUDE latency.  get a clue and stop trying to tell me how you think that Lag is pretty much exclusively latency.

• DoomtecDoomtec Member Posts: 32
    In response to the OP...I am having a goddamn BLAST, even with the BETA nature of the game.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

How about you just accept that most people don't use lag for hardware related problems and be done with it? Otherwise you're just a poor communicator. You might be right technically but what good is that if people don't know what you really mean?

Latency in ONE of the causes of lag. lag is NOT only latency. if i wanted to talk ONLY about latency i would have said latecy, but i didn't, i wanted to encompass all LAG related issues which INCLUDE latency.  get a clue and stop trying to tell me how you think that Lag is pretty much exclusively latency.

Did you even read what I said? You get a bloody clue and take some kind of communication course or something. It doesn't matter what's official.. it matters how the majority use it. Here's a fact.. when you say lag in relation to online gaming, the 'majority' of people think you mean latency <--- FACT.  You ain't gunna change that mate, no matter how much you quote or how much you argue it with me. Dictionaries do not dictate the way we speak.. the way we speak dicates what is written in dictionaries. That's why dictionaries change over time. We'd all still be speaking like shakespeare if dictionaries were the final authority on language.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Did you even read what I said? You get a bloody clue and take some kind of communication course or something. It doesn't matter what's official.. it matters how the majority use it. Here's a fact.. when you say lag in relation to online gaming, the 'majority' of people think you mean latency <--- FACT.  You ain't gunna change that mate, no matter how much you quote or how much you argue it with me.

sorry to disappoing you dude. you are the only one that uses this FACT....the rest of us actually make the distinction between lag and latency. It's not that hard really, you just have to Wikipidia a few words and you'll get it too....oh wait, we already tried that, and you are still not getting it....hum...maybe a drawing, in black and white so you can color between the lines...

Did you even read what I said? You get a bloody clue and take some kind of communication course or something. It doesn't matter what's official.. it matters how the majority use it. Here's a fact.. when you say lag in relation to online gaming, the 'majority' of people think you mean latency <--- FACT.  You ain't gunna change that mate, no matter how much you quote or how much you argue it with me.

sorry to disappoing you dude. you are the only one that uses this FACT....the rest of us actually make the distinction between lag and latency. It's not that hard really, you just have to Wikipidia a few words and you'll get it too....oh wait, we already tried that, and you are still not getting it....hum...maybe a drawing, in black and white so you can color between the lines...

You're a lost cause.

You're a lost cause.

only an idiot finds cause when presented with sensless argument.  

You're a lost cause.

only an idiot finds cause when presented with sensless argument.  

You get that reply from wikipedia as well? Two people have called you out for saying lag in the wrong context. Take that for what you will. Instead of trying to teach the majority a literal lesson, why not just learn a context lesson yourself instead? I've already said I know your 'urban' defination of the word is right. Which means jack if most of the people you are talking to don't use that definition. It's too broad a term, that's why people split it up.. it's easier to 'communicate' that way.

If you want to get technical though.. that wikipedia entry is an urban dictionary quote.. not an actual dictionary. Both dictionary definitions for the noun and the verb have nothing to do with computers. You see, we are using a form of ommision when we say lag on it's own.. a grammar term that means we are missing a word out. By saying lag on it's own we are actually grammatically incorrect.. because it needs to have something contextual relating to it, such as internet (latency) lag or hardware lag. When talking about an MMO, that context is assumed to be the internet.

Wikipedia is not a dictionary buddy. Way to call yourself an idiot image

• SieniDieniSieniDieni Member Posts: 6
    Im having fun and my toons have been wiped 3 times+ for two days the servers have down 12 hours a day hitting my timezone pretty directly but its beta i already owned the game dont mind =)
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Im having a blast, despite downtimes it's a nice way to explore and get to know the systems. The systems also make you appreciate things other themeparks roll over.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Hancakes

You seem to be confusing Lag (latency) with poor FPS.

as taken directly from Wikipidia:

Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind.[1] In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.[2][3] The most common use regards online gaming when the game doesn't respond in sync with the player's controls, usually due to a slow internet connection, server latency or overworked hardware.

You seem to be the one that's confused.

Did you just quote a wiki? image Your example clearly relates to you systems inability to render the game at a playable level or why else bring graphic quality into it?

"dunno, for me the game runs like crap with huge lag even though i can play PS2(way better graphics) with twice as many people and have way less lag."

Anyway my FPS is 82-155 @ 1920x1080  settings maxed with ping around  50.  Check the post in beta forums on people performance, perhaps you need to upgrade.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Did you even read what I said? You get a bloody clue and take some kind of communication course or something. It doesn't matter what's official.. it matters how the majority use it. Here's a fact.. when you say lag in relation to online gaming, the 'majority' of people think you mean latency <--- FACT.  You ain't gunna change that mate, no matter how much you quote or how much you argue it with me. Dictionaries do not dictate the way we speak.. the way we speak dicates what is written in dictionaries. That's why dictionaries change over time. We'd all still be speaking like shakespeare if dictionaries were the final authority on language.

Ah yeah I see your point.  It is like people who say FACT when they can't prove it, it is done so that people who use fact incorrectly know that what you really mean is "I'm so damn serious right now in how hard I'm trying to prove my point"

You're probably right that we would have all been speaking like shakespeare (intelligently) if we hadn't devolved into the stupid mess of language we use now.  That's ok though, because other people who use words incorrectly and make up their own meanings know what we mean.

It's ok to use words incorrectly, as long as others can make a pretty decent guess at what you actually wanted to say.

Now I have to go catch up to my friend who already started walking out to the car.  I don't want to lag behind so much.

Ain't english grizzate, Vannor?

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Here's a good reason.  It's functional.  Darkfall Unholy Wars would be hard pressed to boast that.

Originally posted by Zyzra

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Here's a good reason.  It's functional.  Darkfall Unholy Wars would be hard pressed to boast that.

Tetris is also functional.

Originally posted by Zyzra

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Tetris is also functional.

Tetris has sold more copies, had more people play it, and was even rated as top game of all time.  So yes Tetris is not only functional, but also apparently well received and popular.

Sorry, did you have a point to make about Darkfall?