Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Tired of Gaming Alone? Rent a Game Friend

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We have received word of a new service geared to the solo MMO player when they run into problems completing a quest or dungeon or are simply lonely. Called "Rent a Game Friend", the site has appeared to give prospective customers a look at the services offered.

1. Do you want to fight the hard mobs or make hard quests, but you can´t handle it alone?

2. Do you want to gain XP while a servant could gather or search some materials for you?

3. Do you want to have a slave, who obey all your commands or wishes?

4. Do you want a friend improving your characters in crafting while you are sleeping or in school or at work?

5. Do you want to start new character, but you don´t want to start again alone?

6. Do you want to train PvP duels without loss of reputation?

7. Do you want to play 1 character and level 2nd character in the same time?

Find out more on the Rent-a-Game-Friend site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

/facepalm

Wouldn't this break a games EULA?  How is this any different than Chinese powerleveling and other services?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

*laughs*

Supply and demand, I get it.. but wow.. I weep for humanity..

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by korvass

*laughs*

Why weep? This is actually pretty reasonable as a service I think...

I mean, people play for PLs and buy fake gold all the time... at least with this you are actually playing the game, being actively present in the word (hell, you are actually adding to the active pop of your game), and enjoying the content as presented.

I am lucky enough to have a static duo and enough in game friends to not need this, but I can see it appealing. Having someone to play with you and do the things you want when you want would suit a lot of folks.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Gotta laugh really.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Vesavius

*laughs*

I mean, people play for PLs and buy fake gold all the time... at least with this you are actually playing the game, being actively present in the word (hell, you are actually adding to the active pop of your game), and enjoying the content as presented.

I am lucky enough to have a static duo and enough in game friends to not need this, but I can see it appealing. Having someone to play with you and do the things you want when you want would suit a lot of folks.

Paying for a friend.. That's just sad lol

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    ROFLMAO
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

*laughs*

Well, that was mostly humour and sarcasm.

But, it does make me sad that even with such world-spanning, instant communication methods like the internet, people still can't find a friend on their own?

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Other than the leveling up characters for you and normal RMT shenanigans, I think the service is quite lucrative.  I am serious.

I even had this idea, where a "buddy" would be leveling up right alongside with you.  It's like dual boxxing , but you only control one guy.  Hell, that is such an awesome idea, I might even start up my own service...

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

*laughs*

Well, yes, it is... but you are really paying for someone to be on when your on and do what you want to do, with the final result of their work being your property at the end. It's like saying someone with a butler or housemaid is 'buying a friend', if that makes sense?

*laughs*

Well, that was mostly humour and sarcasm.

But, it does make me sad that even with such world-spanning, instant communication methods like the internet, people still can't find a friend on their own?

I do get where you are coming from Kor :)

The sad fact is though that these, potentiolly the most social of all games maybe, attract a lot of the most socially inept.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by SBFord

We have received word of a new service geared to the solo MMO player when they run into problems completing a quest or dungeon or are simply lonely. Called "Rent a Game Friend", the site has appeared to give prospective customers a look at the services offered.

1. Do you want to fight the hard mobs or make hard quests, but you can´t handle it alone?
    2. Do you want to gain XP while a servant could gather or search some materials for you?
    3. Do you want to have a slave, who obey all your commands or wishes?
    4. Do you want a friend improving your characters in crafting while you are sleeping or in school or at work?
    5. Do you want to start new character, but you don´t want to start again alone?
    6. Do you want to train PvP duels without loss of reputation?
    7. Do you want to play 1 character and level 2nd character in the same time?

Find out more on the Rent-a-Game-Friend site.

Not even if I was the lonliest man on earth.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i wont criticize this service, but i paying an online stranger to help me kill a mob or craft items while i sleep is not my cup of tea.... with that money i can go out with a friend and its actually worth it. Even a Nuru massage is much better at an asian Nuru center its worth the money more than this. If i cant make my own friends to play games with me then i dont need to complain about soloing, its my own fault for not being social.

*laughs*

Well, yes, it is... but you are really paying for someone to be on when your on and do what you want to do, with the final result of their work being your property at the end. It's like saying someone with a butler or housemaid is 'buying a friend', if that makes sense?

AKA rich people or people that have money to throw away O_o

• KaiserAlexanderKaiserAlexander Member UncommonPosts: 10
    what a joke

Well, yes, it is... but you are really paying for someone to be on when your on and do what you want to do, with the final result of their work being your property at the end. It's like saying someone with a butler or housemain is 'buying a friend', if that makes sense?

It's more akin to paying someone to watch a film with you, or go to the pub with you. It is really rather tragically sad. Kudos to the company trying to profit from it though.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Rent a slave isn't a bad deal.
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Well, yes, it is... but you are really paying for someone to be on when your on and do what you want to do, with the final result of their work being your property at the end. It's like saying someone with a butler or housemain is 'buying a friend', if that makes sense?

It's more akin to paying someone to watch a film with you, or go to the pub with you. It is really rather tragically sad. Kudos to the company trying to profit from it though.

nope you misunderstand, it is not rent a friend but rent a slave, who you can ask to do what you want to do

Originally posted by health001

*laughs*

AKA rich people or people that have money to throw away O_o

Well, sure, yes, but nonetheless noone really thinks of the guy hiring the butler as 'sad' or anything... This service really only provides professional servants for those with the income to participate.

Just seems a reasonable thing to me when all is said.

I think their main mistake was choosing the word 'friend' for their service name... if they had called it 'Game Butler' or something it may have caused less of a reaction.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Has anyone tried this service yet?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Wow rent a friend to help you level,  I cant believe I even read this on this site.  Hey we got the chinnese prisoner over here in cell block A, for 50 bucks you got to play with it for an hour.

I got to say this is bazzar,  it is almost the same as paying for a power leveling service. 

If you got to rent a friend you already lost at life,  you need to log into game talk in public channels and make real friends, and not pay a leveling service.  That is what an mmo is all about making real life friends. 

Originally posted by Precusor
    Rent a slave isn't a bad deal.

But if you are paying them then they are not a slave?

Originally posted by Hedeon
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

nope you misunderstand, it is not rent a friend but rent a slave, who you can ask to do what you want to do

What it is is paying someone to do stuff with you in a video game intended for players to work with each other, because you are too autistic to actually make e-friends without paying them cash.

Fair play to the service provider though.

EDIT: Might be being somewhat harsh there.

WTT 2 friends for asian girl 18 to 20 must use vent/ts/mumble  (talks dirty is a must) .
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

It might prove interesting when you strike up a conversation with your new "Rent a Friend"

"So how's it going, you doing ok?"

Friend "Yes"

"Shall we go do that elite quest I've had for ages, that would be great"

Friend "Yes"

"Ok lets share the quest"

Friend "Yes"

"You can speak a little more you know"

Friend "Yes"

"Eh is that all you know?"

Friend "Yes"

"Can I have naked pictures of your Mom?"

Friend "Yes"

Originally posted by health001
    Originally posted by AwDiddums

It might prove interesting when you strike up a conversation with your new "Rent a Friend"

"So how's it going, you doing ok?"

Friend "Yes"

"Shall we go do that elite quest I've had for ages, that would be great"

Friend "Yes"

"Ok lets share the quest"

Friend "Yes"

"You can speak a little more you know"

Friend "Yes"

"Eh is that all you know?"

Friend "Yes"

"Can I have naked pictures of your Mom?"

Friend "Yes"