Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 months in. Are you still playing? If so, What are you doing now?

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I stopped playing a month or so ago.

The game is still plagued with bugs that were known since beta, the professions are still horrificly unbalanced with a stupid amount of broken traits, and ANet continues to focus on implementing new things that go against the ideals they sold the game on.

There is a huge focus on adding new content (incredibly poor quality content I might add, what exactly was the purpose of the new zone from the Karka event? It's literally empty...) at the expense of fixing the endless list of issues from beta.

ANet have their priorities seriously wrong and for me the game just isn't fun when I know the issues that annoy me will likely never be fixed.

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Do my daily PvE, Mine Orichalcum, Work towards my Legendary. WvWvW with my guild, and run dungeons/fractals whenever possible.

As much fun as I am having, the questions are still obvious... when is my long-term investment going to be paid out? When will any of the stuff I am doing matter?

I am normally a PvP junkie, and I mean I strive for high tiers in competitive games just to do it. Guild Wars 2 just doesn't have what I like in sPvP, the WvW 1v1 fights when you can get them are much more fun/better imo. I dunno, I have fun when I do stuff on the game but I haven't even really been on that much but feel like I am running short on any reason to login aside from seasonals. I'd really like an antagonist, or even a way to make WvW matter in the long run aside from just server tiers.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by kevjards
    still playing .i have 4 chars on the go..highest is lvl 54 ele.followed by warrior 44,hunter 37,engineer 20.just swap chars..i,e one day on the ele.next day on the warrior etc.

Same for me; I'm still playing all my alts.  My highest is a level 55 mesmer, and the next highest is a level 25 or something warrior and ranger.  I've got one of every class apart from Guardian at present.  I don't do "dailies" (feels too much like being set a task), have nothing maxed out in terms of maps, achievements, class level, etc.  I just do a bit of what I fancy each day I log on, which is usually teaming up with guildies for some pve exploration or some WvW.  Haven't done any sPvP since beta, but might take another look at some point.

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

I'm still playing, and still leveling. I should be 60 on my ranger by next week (yes 60 not 80 lol), and she is my highest character. I've been playing since Day 1. I play veeeery casually, probably why I enjoy the game. I'm also playing TSW at the same time, and highly enjoying both.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

Neither really, I did all the holiday stuff since it came out but played very little a week or three before that and now when i got all ach's I will probably go back to that until january patch. I'd guess "Yes" is closer if I would vote.

If they got a dungeon finder tool I might spend a  few weeks doing all the dungeons i haven't done due to having 0 desire spamming chat for hours.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Still playing and having fun only lvl 32 and man has it gotten harder! Love it...
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    No. Leveled to 15, then just moved back to TSW and then Age of Wulin
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Yes I'm still a daily player.  I spend most of my time with my mesmer in WvW.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Yes, 3 months in have lvl 55 engi.... I am really casual.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

trying desperately to like the game but there is so much broken about it.

The boredom of GW2 is so strong it cuts through even a good audiobook.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

Leveling Alts

W v W

Dailes/Dungeons

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    I got bored very quickly and haven't played since.  It is a shame because the game has so many good features, it is just inescapably tedious and generally inferior to its predecessor in terms of gameplay. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 353

Yes, still playing. Working on my legendary (clovers and badges), on my third 100% char, farming a.nerd points and yes, I am actually having fun.

Admittedly though, I DID rush to 80 within a couple days after headstart and took a 2 months break after that...

But now I'm back and also looking forward to the WvW changes promised for February.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by bcbully

Couple simple questions, with a poll to boot. 

If you are still playing, What are you doing from day to day?

edit- sorry for the lack of "show results" 

I haven't logged into the game since a few days after the release of the new dungeon.  The game developers don't really seem that interested in making significant and steady improvements to the portion of the game that I was most interested in.  I'll keep tabs on the game but honestly it bores the hell out of me.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Struggling to stay motivated at level 80.  Playing TSW now.  You could have bet me $100 4 months ago that I would be playing TSW today and you would have won 100 bucks.  I love the world, lore and look of GW2, but the dungeons aren't fun or worth the pain to do them.  I so much fun running Polaris last night and you couldn't pay me to do a GW2 dungeon.

Edit: as far as my long-term committment to GW2, I still consider myself a fan.  I guess I'm sitting back a bit and waiting for an event or dungeon to release that isn't filled with bugs or drama.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Yep. Dungeons, dailies and gonna complete my first monthly soon. Still plan to get more involved into fractals as I only ever did it a couple of times and I need it for monthly.

I have made quiet a few friends, so im still going strong and especially so now that the wintersday stuff are on.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

still the only game  i play atm. alot :P

dungeons

fractals

legendary farm (karma/gold)

WvW (not much yet, waiting till i get bored in pve, i do not tho) - we got Wvw night s in guild

sPvP (we got sPvP, Tournament nights in guild)

achievements (always astonishing how few people actually now what minidungeons, special JP etc. are out there)

and then there is some special event every 2 months at least, hm. Largest expansion follows in jan/feb.

tbh - most evenings its even hard to decide with which activity to start - i got a very active guild too.

and all that with 1 char. i havent even started to alt ^^

• OldMMOplayerOldMMOplayer Member Posts: 12

Have 2x 80s both with multiple Orange sets, one level 68 levelling up.

What do I do?

1) Exploring the world.

2) Playing Fractals if I'm in the mood, level 22 now. Disconnect issues should have been fixed during the first week, I suppose they are intentional. Old programmer experience here.

3) Trying to visit all exporable dungeons.

4) Collecting achievements, close to 4500 now.

5) Enjoying sPvP and tPvP when the mood is right, I wish there were more usable builds and variations.

6) Edit: how could I forget about WvW where I spend 1+ hours a day? :)

If you feel bored, try to complete the world, you will find very many fun events, hidden locations and puzzles. So much love put into the world.

Was GW2 second Jesus coming for me? No.

Do I enjoy the game still? Yes.

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Stoped playing, switched to STW since it went FTP. And i am loving it :)
  • umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

enjoying my newly buffed ranger, leveling and gearing him up for wvw. 

exploring various builds on my ranger and necro in s/tpvp

running occasional dungeons for PVE fun on my guard main. and more wvw with him. 

629 hours logged. i guess im still really loving this game. content patches in early 2013 will blow my freakin mind. 

i did take a small break, played through BL2. tried Hawken and PS2 but they just couldnt hold me. 

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by gambe1

What's STW? Am I missing another MMO?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by gambe1

What's STW? Am I missing another MMO?

TSW typo maybe?  (it's actually B2P, but still...)

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by botrytis

Asking this poll, in the mostly against GW2 forum here, is skewed results already.

Jes saying - poll is troll bait.

I am still playing.

Not really a fair response if you read most of the "I have not been playing for a while" responses. None of them are "this game sux." Most are people who do/did like the game, it just did not hold them for whatever reason. Just because more people claim to have quit than continue to play does not mean they are bashing the game. It just was not for them, why  is that a big deal?

I count myself in that number. I did not hate the game, rather liked it. But my friends left, and the game got boring to me really quickly. Not hating it, not bashing it, but wanting to like it. 

I will probably go back and give it a go again over xmas break, but at this point I am just waiting on the next mmo.

I think I'm with you as well.  I liked the game a lot while I was playing, but now am not.  I believe I predicted I would play for about 2 months, and I actually lasted about 3, which is longer than I lasted in many of the MMOs I've tried in recent years.  I stopped playing around Thanksgiving, and haven't touched it since. It's funny though, I liked it when I was playing it, but don't miss it now that I'm not.  Might go back to it at a later time, who knows.  

Definitely not a horrible game. Liked the challenge of the dungeons. I was in a super friendly guild which made WvW tons of fun.  Played an 80 mesmer, and everytime I tried another class, I hated it.  Mesmer was the only one for me.

It's a themepark done very well...but nevertheless still a themepark. You simply grow tired of it after a while and need something with a bit more depth.  My reason for leaving is probably nothing more, nothing less than that.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Still playing. Have a 80 norn warrior, all exotics, and a MF exotic set. I'm working on 100% world completion for the second time. I play WvW some times and fractals other. Just really waiting for some major content that's not holiday themed. 
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

No

Actually playing XCOM currently and trying to refrain myself from going batshit crazy ordering other games thanks to the Steam sale.

Freakin' bastards

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.