Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

nVidia 310 drivers not syncing SLI?

ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,299Member Uncommon
I have a problem with the latest nVidia 310 drivers.

I have a GTX460SLI system, one card is from EVGA (SC @763Mhz/1900Mhz) and one from ASUS (OC @700Mhz/1840Mhz). I have set both cards to be OC's to 800Mhz/1925Mhz using the EVGA precision tool (old version - newer version causes crashes on my system).

With the old nVidia 306 drivers this was no problem at all, and both cards ran at the speed I've set in EVGA precision. Now with the new 310 drivers the cards are not overclocked at all and both are set to their factory default.
This might become a problem for me since the ASUS card is in the lower (2nd/slave), causing the ASUS card to overheath when both cards run at their maximum (I have some games that do this). I have had this problem in the past already with my 8800GT cards (I wasn't aware of this speed issue then), and I don't want to blow up either card.

Anyone has a solution, other than reinstalling the older 306 drivers?

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,171Member Uncommon

Sometimes cards have problems syncing with SLI unless they have the same firmware.

You should be able to flash one (or both) of the cards so they have matching firmware (and that would give them matching clock speeds as well without OCing in the driver).

That's the best advice I can offer aside from just changing your driver again.

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,299Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Sometimes cards have problems syncing with SLI unless they have the same firmware.

You should be able to flash one (or both) of the cards so they have matching firmware (and that would give them matching clock speeds as well without OCing in the driver).

That's the best advice I can offer aside from just changing your driver again.

Not sure I can flash either card's firmware to match the other's since they're from different manucaturers (EVGA & ASUS). Also note that with the nVidia 306 and lower drivers the cards were sync'd and running well. With the nVidia 310 drivers the sync went off :-(

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,171Member Uncommon

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=313989

Flashing has little to do with the vendor. Not for the feint of heart.

Anyway, regardless - your choices are either
    a) Drop down to older drivers
    b) Wait for newer drivers to hopefully fix it, and run without SLI now
    c) Try to match your firmwares