Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one having a blast?

KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
Am I the only one having a blast in the beta now the servers are stable?

Comments

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i dunno, for me the game runs like crap with huge lag even though i can play PS2(way better graphics) with twice as many people and have way less lag.

without braking NDA too much, i'm kind of unsattisfied....i looks old, it's easier to play and much more "nube friendly" than the old DF, but It doesn't feel like the old DF with the 3rd person view. it almot feels M&Bladesh...... but an uggly, awkward sort of M&blade....and the lag isn't helping....

....i just can't feel all that excited about this game yet.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i dunno, for me the game runs like crap with huge lag even though i can play PS2(way better graphics) with twice as many people and have way less lag.

without braking NDA too much, i'm kind of unsattisfied....i looks old, it's easier to play and much more "nube friendly" than the old DF, but It doesn't feel like the old DF with the 3rd person view. it almot feels M&Bladesh...... but an uggly, awkward sort of M&blade....and the lag isn't helping....

You seem to be confusing Lag (latency) with poor FPS.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Curious as to really do enjoy PVP and open world mmorpg's , trying to find a good home again gaming wise.

So are you saying right now the servers are stable and I could buy it on Steam and login and play without massive issues ?

Was a bit leary of the game and company overall looking at all the other remarks on here , but would be will to try it , don't mind bugs at all , as its in beta form.

But completely down and unable to login often or so much lag unplayable is not really up my patience alley any more.

The game is not on steam yet. It hasnt been released, its in beta.

Dont think about it as early access or something, its a real beta. The game runs in debug mode and they wipe when ever its necessary.

So in conclusion, no, dont preorder if all you want to do is play.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by gchris7

The game is not on steam yet. It hasnt been released, its in beta.

Dont think about it as early access or something, its a real beta. The game runs in debug mode and they wipe when ever its necessary.

So in conclusion, no, dont preorder if all you want to do is play.

While this is true, that does not mean the game is not in a playable state, i've been helping them collect info and crash reports while still having a ton of fun at the same time!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by Hancakes

as taken directly from Wikipidia:

Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind.[1] In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.[2][3] The most common use regards online gaming when the game doesn't respond in sync with the player's controls, usually due to a slow internet connection, server latency or overworked hardware.

You seem to be the one that's confused.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I will simply say it's not worth currently spending your money on as there is a HUGE issue that will frustrate any of you who are looking to actually play the game. I obviously cannot say what the issue is.
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by Celusios
    I will simply say it's not worth currently spending your money on as there is a HUGE issue that will frustrate any of you who are looking to actually play the game. I obviously cannot say what the issue is.

This is not huge as there is a simple solution to it for everyone on how  to prevent it from happening (if you would read the beta forums)..and theyre patching it very soon

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

But clearly if you'd read the forums or looked at your windows task manager you'd know why it lags.

Debug mode. You have x3 clients going on at the same time.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

i've been helping them collect info and crash reports while still having a ton of fun at the same time!

I have done this, without the fun part.

I`ve played for some hours, most of them naked.  Do not advice anyone to preorder right now.

Originally posted by Hotjazz

i've been helping them collect info and crash reports while still having a ton of fun at the same time!

I have done this, without the fun part.

I`ve played for some hours, most of them naked.  Do not advice anyone to preorder right now.

I think we are loosing the meaning of preorder here.

Preorder means you pay now and get the game when it releases.

So why would anyone want to preorder?

Because:

1) You get access to beta and you can help the devs fix bugs.

2) You get to know the game so you will be ready when it releases.

3) Name reservation

4) 25% discount

If you want to preorder just so you can play and enjoy the game right now, you are doing it wrong.

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

You aren't the only one. Regardless of the wipes, I really like what they've done with the game.

And Agon truely feels like a world to me. Exploring the old dwarf lands is  a joy, really.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Greymoor

But clearly if you'd read the forums or looked at your windows task manager you'd know why it lags.

Debug mode. You have x3 clients going on at the same time.

some of that is how there doing multicore

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

The client is in debug mode, after the new year, they'll disable it and performance gains should be great.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I havent played DF1 for long, only 2-4hrs before they shut down the servers. So I can't realy compare DF1 and DFUW. DFUW dos seem pretty nooby frendly, what I think is a good thing. A game like this needs ppl and not rage quiting noobs, but noobs that are willing to get beaten down over and over again till they can dish out the beating. Like in RL ;-)

After the launch fiasco, I get the feeling that AV gets their act togeather and will release a playeble game, but sure as hell not a bug free one. Got my faith back and realy look forward to play this game at release.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

Don't know what version of darkfall did you play but 3rd person melee view has always been in, lag is for debug mode obviously.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I was looking forward to this game a lot. If they had been honest about the state it's in and done this beta thing from the beginning, I had been more than willing to accept it for what it is.
    The whole "it's beta" thing would have been an acceptable excuse then.

But I just can't take this company seriously any more, and I'm sure as hell not paying them to beta test a game that was described as "very playable" back in October and scheduled for launch in November.

I'm playing the AoW beta right now, it's a really innovative FFA game and incredibly polished and smooth even compared to recent AAA releases. So I have no need for struggling with DF atm.

If AV get their shit together and release a working product one day, I'll gladly give them my money. But I'm really fed up with amateur companies feeding us unfinished crap and expecting to get paid in return. Too bad many gamers are so desperate that they keep falling for it.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Biskop
    I was looking forward to this game a lot. If they had been honest about the state it's in and done this beta thing from the beginning, I had been more than willing to accept it for what it is.
    The whole "it's beta" thing would have been an acceptable excuse then.

But I just can't take this company seriously any more, and I'm sure as hell not paying them to beta test a game that was described as "very playable" back in October and scheduled for launch in November.

I'm playing the AoW beta right now, it's a really innovative FFA game and incredibly polished and smooth even compared to recent AAA releases. So I have no need for struggling with DF atm.

If AV get their shit together and release a working product one day, I'll gladly give them my money. But I'm really fed up with amateur companies feeding us unfinished crap and expecting to get paid in return. Too bad many gamers are so desperate that they keep falling for it.

ibet you the game seemplayable ont here end until we broke it and debug mode isnt helping anything. it was actully very smart of them to change there minds to beta test it.  they should have just done this 2 months ago. t

game is getting better everyday.  only major bug i see thats left is the item persistence thing so yea 

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Right now there is only 1 bug that might flaw the experience a little, aside from that it's pretty playable and shaping to be better every day
  • MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Going to admit , and NDA for a game what was going to launch a couple weeks ago screams warning to me. Didn't realize they did that for the beta , plenty of easy places to go get info on that so guess will go ask there , but again , I respect them a bit for delaying and beta if they are going to attempt to magic patch it before launch , but putting up an NDA this late for it doesn't say much for the confidence in it.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Am I the only one having a blast in the beta now the servers are stable?

dunno, i guess you are multi-tasking, posting here while ganking the noobs? :b

Originally posted by bcbully

Try Age of Wushu. Wont cost you a dime. I still plan to try DW:UW at launch, but right now AoW is quenching my ffa pvp thirst.

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Cant think of any reasons to play that game, unless ofc you like that type.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Hancakes

as taken directly from Wikipidia:

Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind.[1] In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.[2][3] The most common use regards online gaming when the game doesn't respond in sync with the player's controls, usually due to a slow internet connection, server latency or overworked hardware.

You seem to be the one that's confused..

How about you just accept that most people don't use lag for hardware related problems and be done with it? Otherwise you're just a poor communicator. You might be right technically but what good is that if people don't know what you really mean?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by gchris7

Age of Wushu?

Tab target combat.

Themepark

Not open world

Cartoony visuals

Korean

Pay to win?

Cant think of any reasons to play that game, unless ofc you like that type.

You should do some more research. AoW is one of the most innovative games to date, with immense depth and lots of cool, unique features. Too bad a lot of people dismiss it just because it's Asian.