Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Blizzard makes project Titan with the graphics they show on WoW videos...

...I will be their costumer forever!!!!!

One thing that I like are Blizzard WoW videos. They always looked pretty cool. It is a pitty that WoW in-game graphics are so outdated.

Best regards,

RJ

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
[laughs]
Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
[walks away]
Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
Sheldon: What?
Penny: This plasma grenade.
[explosion]
Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

Comments

• kujiikujii Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Too bad the quality of their vids has steadily decreased over the years...so I am not holding out much hope...especially after d3.  That in my mind was their big chance to bring back people, and bring in new people.  The first 2 diablos had some awesome videos I agree.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by kujii
    Too bad the quality of their vids has steadily decreased over the years...so I am not holding out much hope...especially after d3.  That in my mind was their big chance to bring back people, and bring in new people.  The first 2 diablos had some awesome videos I agree.

Aye the older WoW videos were of higher production value.  Not only were they beutifully done: cinematically and emotionally, but story telling was also better WotLK and before.

The awkward tale of Deathwing was a forgettable bedtime story; the Cataclysm trailers seemed low budget (fans redid Blizzards own trailers to make them better lol), and now Panda's are cute and cuddly, so any seriousness or sense of urgency / purpose in WoW seems buried.

After recent WoW expansions, and then D3, it seems Blizzard has lost their way.  I blame Activision for this (merger in 2009).  I don't really expect Titan to be anything special. /shrug

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Seeing the direction they've taken WoW recently  (Pokemon and facerollingly easy lvling), I'm not expecting much from Titan.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Blizzard CGI is as good as it's ever been just others have come up to the same level so they dont seem as impressive as say the WC3 stuff which was amazing for the time and still up extermly well today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMu0gA_t9pg

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    If Blizzard makes project Titan with the graphics they show on the WoW cinematics, no one would be able to play it. It's nice to dream, though! image

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by RedJorge

One thing that I like are Blizzard WoW videos. They always looked pretty cool. It is a pitty that WoW in-game graphics are so outdated.

Best regards,

RJ

ummm Blizzard is in the habit of putting out m isleading videos to hype up theri products.They are and imo always have been a low tech developer.They even tried to outsource the ability to port games over to console,they are simply a second rate developer without the skills.

You want to know the outside truth behind this Titan project?

This whole thing might just be as mentioned a "put it out there" to attract more highly skilled people under theri wing,After all we saw tons leave blizzard for other vetures or to start their own studios,so Blizzard has been a little weak on skills.Their OWN people amitted this.

Ok so now the BAD part.

2010 just a recruitment tool to attract better skilled people.

So somewhere in 2011 they actually start the project.Some  guy from heir Asian division leaks the whole thing and is canned.The claim is a 4th quarter 2013 release,that makes perfect sense as Blizzard is famous for aiming at Christmas releases.

If you figure in testing phases,that would mean actual core game would be done around mid summer 2013.That means a total of 2 1/2 years total game developement,that is real shotty work.I would not expect anything good from that short of time frame,impossible.

They say their best is working on the game,that does not say much.They lost their main Infinity ward guys ,the new lead also resigned,so they are not exactly a tight house.

If that leak was accurate and they were aiming for late 2013,that is a sealed deal on a cheap lazy project.They can spin it as being a 200 million dollar project for al li care, the numbers don't lie,not enough time wil lbe spent developing a wanna be triple a game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

For a trailer video, you don't really care about performance.  If you render the video at one frame per minute on high-end hardware, then you just let your computer run for a few days to create the whole video.

When you're making a game that needs to render in real-time even on lower end hardware, performance suddenly matters.  That means you have to make all sorts of performance optimizations that weren't necessary for a trailer video.  Maybe you need fewer textures or lower resolution textures, reduced draw distances, lower vertex models, or to chop out some lighting effects that are very computationally intensive.  But that makes the game look worse than the trailer video.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

To the OP.

Not everyone owns a NASA computer...........and Blizzard knows that.

So do not count on that.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Blizzard has gotten really lazy with videos.  They used to do the CGI stuff more frequently, but now it's all just crappy machina using the in-game engine.  Imagine if the StarCraft and Diablo cutscenes were all done that way...

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by ste2000

To the OP.

Not everyone owns a NASA computer...........and Blizzard knows that.

So do not count on that.

It's called pre-rendered CGI.  You think movie theatres are rendering those CGI flicks in real-time?

You make me like charity

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    The first WoW Intro video was way better in every way to every one they've put out since.  They've just gotten a little slicker and more cartoony and kid friendly and less serious.  How great the rift is now between the original vision the developers had for the game and what it has become.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Best regards,

RJ

ummm Blizzard is in the habit of putting out m isleading videos to hype up theri products.They are and imo always have been a low tech developer.They even tried to outsource the ability to port games over to console,they are simply a second rate developer without the skills.

They outsourced SC1 and Diablo back in 2000 well before they became the big ass developer they are today, nothing has been out sourced since, they are testing a console version of D3 at the moment internally, i.e not outsourced.

You want to know the outside truth behind this Titan project?

Not from you, merry xmas

This whole thing might just be as mentioned a "put it out there" to attract more highly skilled people under theri wing,After all we saw tons leave blizzard for other vetures or to start their own studios,so Blizzard has been a little weak on skills.Their OWN people amitted this.

Maybe these people didin't have the skills or experience for the new project(s)?  people are contracted all the time to single projects based on their skill set.  Still what have these people produced? all fails cept maybe torchlight which even the devs know is not good enough for a full proce release.

Ok so now the BAD part.

2010 just a recruitment tool to attract better skilled people.

So somewhere in 2011 they actually start the project.Some  guy from heir Asian division leaks the whole thing and is canned.The claim is a 4th quarter 2013 release,that makes perfect sense as Blizzard is famous for aiming at Christmas releases.

Titan wont be out for atleast another two years 2013 we'll probably get some info about it but we got years to wait yet.

If you figure in testing phases,that would mean actual core game would be done around mid summer 2013.That means a total of 2 1/2 years total game developement,that is real shotty work.I would not expect anything good from that short of time frame,impossible.

Titan has been in development for over 4 years and has over 100 people working on it 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/blizzards-titan-has-100-developers

They say their best is working on the game,that does not say much.They lost their main Infinity ward guys ,the new lead also resigned,so they are not exactly a tight house.

Infinity ward never worked on blizzard games they worked on Activision games, and no it's not the same thing.  Blizzard is a very seperate entity as is Activision they just sit under the same umbrella name.  You wont see any mention of Activison in a blizzard game, on the box art, manuals, websites or anythiung else.

If that leak was accurate and they were aiming for late 2013,that is a sealed deal on a cheap lazy project.They can spin it as being a 200 million dollar project for al li care, the numbers don't lie,not enough time wil lbe spent developing a wanna be triple a game.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I am already saying this for years and will continue saying MMORPG leap about 3 to 5 years behind in graphics/animations compared to singleplayer games. Meaning when we might see singleplayer game deliver almost CGI quality graphics/animations we might see it some years from then in MMORPG's...thought we are getting closer and closer Unreal Engine 4 Elemental Demo [1080p] , CryEngine 4 DX 12 Crysis 3 2013.

Then again a game engine like the Infinity Game Engine also sparks my imaginations of what type of ground/space games we might expect.

Still let's just imagine Blizzard is able to deliver a game that looks/feels like their CGI trailers then I am sure they got me to play there game.

I also feel that a movie made excactly like their CGI movies would be a much better choice of film instead of trying to do a live-action movie . Heck while I don't watch Star Wars cartoon shows, I am sure I'll be watching them if made the quality of their      CGI trailer or even a full movie made that way.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Reklaw

I am already saying this for years and will continue saying MMORPG leap about 3 to 5 years behind in graphics/animations compared to singleplayer games. Meaning when we might see singleplayer game deliver almost CGI quality graphics/animations we might see it some years from then in MMORPG's...thought we are getting closer and closer Unreal Engine 4 Elemental Demo [1080p] , CryEngine 4 DX 12 Crysis 3 2013.

Then again a game engine like the Infinity Game Engine also sparks my imaginations of what type of ground/space games we might expect.

Still let's just imagine Blizzard is able to deliver a game that looks/feels like their CGI trailers then I am sure they got me to play there game.

I also feel that a movie made excactly like their CGI movies would be a much better choice of film instead of trying to do a live-action movie . Heck while I don't watch Star Wars cartoon shows, I am sure I'll be watching them if made the quality of their      CGI trailer or even a full movie made that way.

The kind of investment needed to make a full single player game with the graphics of even just the WoW trailers would likely run into billions, never mind an MMO. No sane company would even consider it considering the hardware needed to run it is likely decades away. You're talking in 3-5 year stages, don't expect anything like this for maybe 20-30 years.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Kabaal

The kind of investment needed to make a full single player game with the graphics of even just the WoW trailers would likely run into billions, never mind an MMO. No sane company would even consider it considering the hardware needed to run it is likely decades away. You're talking in 3-5 year stages, don't expect anything like this for maybe 20-30 years.

Nope I am stating MMORPG's leap 3 to 5 years behind what's capable in single player games. I highlighted red what you clearly missed...image

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Nope I am stating MMORPG's leap 3 to 5 years behind what's capable in single player games. I highlighted red what you clearly missed...image

You know what? I think i did. It's been one of those nights.