Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: New Video Shows Off Trickster Rogue

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have sent out a new Neverwinter trailer. This time, the Trickster Rogue is revealed. "Master of evading enemy attacks, Trickster Rogues know that the key to success is to see when to dodge and when to counter.  Their tremendous agility and ability to quickly deal damage makes the them a worthy opponent to Neverwinter's most vicious monsters." Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

shift + direction key ... i hope that includes wasd.

also, is this all auto attack? if you're using both mouse buttons for the specials it seems like it would be awkward to attack in general.

either way, though im not a fan of PW or of the 4.0 ruleset i do want to play this, just to see their rendition of the most famous of all Faerun cities.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    game is starting to look good.  I think perfect world's acquisition is paying dividends and filling in some technical gaps at cryptic.
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

May be early to say, but from what I can see in this vid.. totally looks like TERA's warrior.

(waiting for haters to start the usual chorus "stop n go animations! aaah! " )

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I have to "feel" the combat system. I'm starting to wonder about the general mmorpg move to smaller talent bars. I always felt that the idea is to give the player more that he/she can do.  

Still interested. I'm a sucker for D&D lore.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Really hoping there are many different abilties for the classes, and we didn't just see the entire definition of the trickster rogue.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Denambren

Really hoping there are many different abilties for the classes, and we didn't just see the entire definition of the trickster rogue.

Originally posted by bcbully

I always felt that the idea is to give the player more that he/she can do.  

Still interested. I'm a sucker for D&D lore.

im in agreement with both of these. i have false hopes b/c its dnd and im a sucker for dnd. always have been. also, im really hoping we didnt just see the general panorama of this classes' abilities.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Cant wait for this game. Going with the Guardian Fighter class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_wnyPspNE

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Denambren

There are alot of different abilitys and also multible dailys.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Liking what I see so far, hoping for a more enjoyable D&D experience than we've had in recent years.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Is it just me that sees a kind of Dragon Age: Origins vibe in this game?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Vannor

Pretty much, yeah, graphically its the DA1, while combat-wise it seems to be a WAY MORE polished and more sensible version of DAII combat. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Vannor

Totally.

I wonder if combat has more action feel where you can go behind the NPC to avoid the telegraphed attack, or it's just trading blows with occasional block or dodge or something.

• carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86
    This actually looks fun
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

I wonder how the KB&M controls are set up because its currently looking like it would be better played with an Xbox controller.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

This game is going to be the bomb!

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by chelan

shift + direction key ... i hope that includes wasd....

I believe you have not played other cryptic games. The controls are very customizable. There is also support for console and many people play them using that. You can even edit the whole .ini file of controls to set almost every kind of control system possible.

As this game uses the same engine, controls are going to be that much customizable.

PWE is the publisher. They will be incharge of the cash shop and stuff, not the development. Development of game is done by cryptic.