Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

29.95 Eur..? seems a little much. If I go to the website through a proxy to buy in Us..?

If I go on the website to buy the game in US dollars, will I be able to play on Eu servers?

Comments

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I think you're better off spending the additional 9$ than to proxy and have it not work.
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Worth a try <: could always get a refund if it doesn't work
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
    Worth a try <: could always get a refund if it doesn't work

True but then in my mind is the effort of getting a refund (which you never know could be annoying.. mine was with WarZ) be worth 9$? However I do find it funny you all have to pay more for the game...

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    30Euro is less than other MMO's that have released recently :)
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by Greymoor

True, but this is a game that's in beta and getting quite a lot of hate.

And also, why pay that if I can get it a little cheaper o: I only get £30 a week for being at college.

Also factor in thats the current cost to participate in the beta and have your copy pre-ordered. Not to mention this game intends on being subscription based... therefor it's one of the more expensive MMO's to release lately. I still do not understand this whole subscription model when games like PS2 dropping with cash shops (not pay2win as all non cosmetic things can also be earned freely through playing the game) are making a fortune.

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Celusios

Also factor in thats the current cost to participate in the beta and have your copy pre-ordered. Not to mention this game intends on being subscription based... therefor it's one of the more expensive MMO's to release lately. I still do not understand this whole subscription model when games like PS2 dropping with cash shops (not pay2win as all non cosmetic things can also be earned freely through playing the game) are making a fortune.

It's not the beta you pay for. It's that people who preorder the game get to play the beta if they wish to do so. The beta is a preorder extra.

As for why this game is still subscription based, it's because nobody so far has been able to think of a way to make the F2P model work in a competitive PVP game like DF. And because the players and the developers of the game are happy with the current model.

F2P games, by the way, rarely cost less than subscription based games. Anyhow, personally I don't even think of the price of a game when I buy it, because what ever the game is, the price tends to be fairly low compared to the average worker's income.