Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want it to crash and burn.

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

they're a bunch of shoddy crooks

1 they name it war Z to cash in on the success of Day Z hoping to con people into buying it thinking its the DayZ mmo (it isnt)

2 its a quick hack job on another rubbish fps they own called war inc

3 they stole the TOS contract word for word from Leauge of Ledgends

4 they produced fake screen shots for it that arent in game

5 it has the most ridiculous cash shop / player cash grab system ive ever heard of

6 there are rumours they manipulated steam to get it to the top of the charts and generate more sales

7 they are using obvious forum promoters for the game - on this forum and many others

8 there are rumours many of the games graphical assets are "borrowed" from other games

9 they LIE like hell on their steam page about what features the game has like - private servers, the number of players it supports, the size of the maps

10 they then put out the most spurious of denials about lieing and misleading customers saying customers "misread" it.

11 the name is also similar to the popular book and upcoming file "world War Z", again hoping to cash in on others talent.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by lizardbones

If Mortal Online can limp along for years, this game will probably keep going forever. It is at least mostly functional.

The problem is by going to Steam War Z placed all itself into the spotlight. It became an instant hit then an instant failure all in about a day lol. It was removed from steam, people are demanding refunds, the storm is just beginning because complaints about false advertising and such are being filed all over the place. 

The worste thing War Z could have done was go to project greenlight and pull the kind of crap they did. The whole copyright infringement thing is a whole different crap storm that got opened up thanks to all of this lol... 

War Z doesn't look like it has a very bright future at the moment, thats assuming it has one at all. 

Mortal Online is actually making the same mistake. They are about to put themselves in the spotlight. They were fine when they were just a bad little indie game that most haven't heard of, wait until a wider audience gets a hold of MO and has to deal with SV. 

I feel bad for Steam, War Z and MO are going to cast such a negative light on project greenlight. 

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    The population seems to actually be growing and the last time I played the servers where packed. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by SQTO
    The population seems to actually be growing and the last time I played the servers where packed. 

MO fans have been saying that for years as well. 

See point 7
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by SQTO

MO fans have been saying that for years as well. 

Honestly I don’t know anything about MO, I was just talking about my observation from within the game.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    See point 7

If you beieve in internet rumours then I think that says a lot about you.

Review of sergey titovs prior game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing

Enjoy!
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by GrimFaust
    Dean Hall has nothing to do with The War Z and never has. That wouldn't even make sense. He just got a promo to make his game a reality through Bohemia. Why would he turn around and lead The War Z? He would be fired by Bohemia for a conflict of interest. Not only that, but Sergey Titov (Sp?) is the the head of Hammerpoint/WarZ.

Thats what I was talking about, the Bohemia job he was offered. I was thinking that WarZ was that project. I take it after all the replies that WarZ is from a different company.

Thats why I said I knew nothing for certain, only that I read he was offered a job to make a stand alone version of his DayZ mod. Being named WarZ and being the same thing for the most part (based on screen shots, haven't  played it) I thought WarZ was that standalone.

My bad.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

1 they name it war Z to cash in on the success of Day Z hoping to con people into buying it thinking its the DayZ mmo (it isnt)

Thats what I thought.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

This discussion has been closed.