Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories of the death of Guild Wars 2

12346»

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    It's sickening how such a vocal minority can be so overbearing and cause so much disgust that honest members are leaving the site because they are tired of the lies spread by a outspoken few.  Once the honest members all leave, what is the value in the discussion that is left? 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Terranah
    I see people running around when I log in.  That's the only measure I have. 

I didn't, that was the measurement that sent me packing, finally. Full server, but the only place you saw people in any number was Orr and LA.

In spite of being *able* to go back to earlier zones, no one seems to, and a full server becomes a really relative term. It reminds me of Alaska. Half the population of the state lives in Anchorage, the rest is so scattered you end up with huge, unpopulated areas. It make a game with "full" servers, feel pretty damn empty.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    It's sickening how such a vocal minority can be so overbearing and cause so much disgust that honest members are leaving the site because they are tired of the lies spread by a outspoken few.  Once the honest members all leave, what is the value in the discussion that is left? 

I have made several tests and I am very sure that the fanbois are way more vocal than the haters. They really are.

My latest temporary ban was becouse I dared to post something like "you fanbois are the main reason for me not trying this game".

I recently created two separate threads about a game, one with positive stuff, another with negative stuff.

The positive one hardly got 3 answers.

The negative one got well over 50 with the very first ones beeing on the "you don't know how to play" and "you know nothing about games" line.

You, for example, instead of trying to argue what others have posted and you think that is wrong, are going directly for the personal attack, blaming the haters for people leaving the site (without even trying to prove that such thing is actually happening).

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by gordiflu

I have made several tests and I am very sure that the fanbois are way more vocal than the haters. They really are.

My latest temporary ban was becouse I dared to post something like "you fanbois are the main reason for me not trying this game".

I recently created two separate threads about a game, one with positive stuff, another with negative stuff.

The negative one got well over 50 with the very first ones beeing on the "you don't know how to play" and "you know nothing about games" line.

You, for example, instead of trying to argue what others have posted and you think that is wrong, are going directly for the personal attack, blaming the haters for people leaving the site (without even trying to prove that such thing is actually happening).

Not even close ..I remember a hater having over a 1000 posts before the game came out

See what you miss are the true fanbois are the Hater's ....what motivates a person to come to another games forums and post negative vibes unless they are motived by being a real fanbois of some other game ?

Why would a poster who loves Sandbox games even bother coming to a GW2 forum?

Why would a true raider and hard-core meta player take time out of their game to come to these forums?

Why would the poster children for TSW make 10 times as many posts in the GW2 forums as the TSW forums?

Why would someone post daily in the GW2 forums about how boring and shallow it is and yet have jumped on the bandwagon for TSW...Rift ...WOW ...SWtor ..and now DF2 in the same period of time?

Why would someone spend more time being a Hater in GW2 forums then actually playing the game they like?

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Not even close ..I remember a hater having over a 1000 posts before the game came out

See what you miss are the true fanbois are the Hater's ....what motivates a person to come to another games forums and post negative vibes unless they are motived by being a real fanbois of some other game ?

Why would a true raider and hard-core meta player take time out of their game to come to these forums?

Why would the poster children for TSW make 10 times as many posts in the GW2 forums as the TSW forums?

Why would someone post daily in the GW2 forums about how boring and shallow it is and yet have jumped on the bandwagon for TSW...Rift ...WOW ...SWtor ..and now DF2 in the same period of time?

Why would someone spend more time being a Hater in GW2 forums then actually playing the game they like?

I have noticed that people who claim to be head over heels in love with GW2 also spend more time defending the game than playing it. Why? there is no deep reason behind it. It is simple really. Both sides just want to win and this is nothing but forum PVP.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Zalmon

I have noticed that people who claim to be head over heels in love with GW2 also spend more time defending the game than playing it. Why? there is no deep reason behind it. It is simple really. Both sides just want to win and this is nothing but forum PVP.

I'm approaching a thousand hours played (yikes). You have a good point about the forum PvP, but for me personally I just have a thing with blatant falsehoods being tossed out there like facts.Legit criticism is fine, such as the question of not enough means to get cogs this Wintersday. Doesn't make sense that there's no way to even grind out more, and why did I get an extra 200 when I need 250 to craft a minipet?! Makes no sense.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by UWNVME

I always hear the haters using leveling zone activity as the basis of their argument for "GW2 is dead". Fact is, the activity in GW2's leveling zones is really not that much different from those in WoW. I remember Summer of 2011, I was playing WoW and leveling an alt on Alliance Proudmoore, the top West Coast PVE Alliance realm, and yet believe it or not, outside of Elwynn Forest, none of the leveling zones were an endless burst of activity. I spent lots of time leveling in mid-level zones and only seeing the occasional other player pass by every few minutes. I would do zone searches just to see the exact number and that usually ranged from no higher than 8-13 at evening hours. It feels just as GW2 does now.

It's not hard for me to understand. People hit max level in MMO's and then they go chill in whatever the main hub city happens to be. It's like this in GW2 and it was like this on my old WoW server. Yeah lots of people levelup alts as well, but for most it's not a top priority.

The difference being of course that wow is 8 years old. GW2 is less then 6 months old.  

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Volkon

I'm approaching a thousand hours played (yikes). You have a good point about the forum PvP, but for me personally I just have a thing with blatant falsehoods being tossed out there like facts.Legit criticism is fine, such as the question of not enough means to get cogs this Wintersday. Doesn't make sense that there's no way to even grind out more, and why did I get an extra 200 when I need 250 to craft a minipet?! Makes no sense.

I have to ask...... How? I haven't done te math yet but that seems staggering! 

Update: Ok, messed with some numbers. Game has been out for what? like 120 days or so? That would mean you play like 8 hours a day? Holy shit... 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by Volkon

I have to ask...... How? I haven't done te math yet but that seems staggering! 

Update: Ok, messed with some numbers. Game has been out for what? like 120 days or so? That would mean you play like 8 hours a day? Holy shit... 

I figure I should show I'm not lying...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Which site and who are the dishonest minority?

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

I still don't agree.

The very first posts about GW2 were all in this line: "GW2 is going to be the best MMO ever created and will kill WoW and any other MMO". This applies to any MMO, I am just using your own example, and since these are the GW2 forums...

All these "GW2 is the second coming of the Mesiah" threads did not have as many responses tho as the first "GW2 won't be a good game" threads, which were instantly flooded by all the fanbois.

You hardly ever see the "you are a fanboi" argument on a thread praising a game. However you will always see the "you are a troll" argument on the opposite threads, to the point that the meaning of the expression has been twisted and many don't even know what trolling actually means. This argument usually comes together with the "you are playing it wrong", "you are a noob" and the "go back to WoW" arguments, and is often used as the only argument against reasoned and properly explained arguments to why not liking certain games.

I am not playing GW2, yet I checked this forum. Does it make me a troll? I check plenty of stuff about games I am not playing, this is what I actually use these forums for. GW2 has made an undeniable impact and I want to know what is going on. I had something to say, so I posted. Am I a hater now?

I am ot denying there are haters out there. What I am saying, tho, is that fanbois are way more vocal (and IMO annoying) than them.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I still don't agree.

The very first posts about GW2 were all in this line: "GW2 is going to be the best MMO ever created and will kill WoW and any other MMO". This applies to any MMO, I am just using your own example, and since these are the GW2 forums...

All these "GW2 is the second coming of the Mesiah" threads did not have as many responses tho as the first "GW2 won't be a good game" threads, which were instantly flooded by all the fanbois.

You hardly ever see the "you are a fanboi" argument on a thread praising a game. However you will always see the "you are a troll" argument on the opposite threads, to the point that the meaning of the expression has been twisted and many don't even know what trolling actually means. This argument usually comes together with the "you are playing it wrong", "you are a noob" and the "go back to WoW" arguments, and is often used as the only argument against reasoned and properly explained arguments to why not liking certain games.

I am not playing GW2, yet I checked this forum. Does it make me a troll? I check plenty of stuff about games I am not playing, this is what I actually use these forums for. GW2 has made an undeniable impact and I want to know what is going on. I had something to say, so I posted. Am I a hater now?

I am ot denying there are haters out there. What I am saying, tho, is that fanbois are way more vocal (and IMO annoying) than them.

/applaud

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by UWNVME

It's not hard for me to understand. People hit max level in MMO's and then they go chill in whatever the main hub city happens to be. It's like this in GW2 and it was like this on my old WoW server. Yeah lots of people levelup alts as well, but for most it's not a top priority.

The difference being of course that wow is 8 years old. GW2 is less then 6 months old.  

That's a terribly faulty argument you have there.  What you seem to be suggesting is that it took 8 years for people to get bored of WoW and hang around the cities.  I played for 5 years or so, and it happened every expansion and guess what..... it only took 6 months each time.  Maybe less.