Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressed by AV

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Will not say much because of NDA

Played a long time today, good

Communication, good

Updates, good

From DF1.0? Different. Less hardcore, more supportive of a newer player.

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Haven't really had a chance to sink my teeth into it.  I [blah blah blah NDA] last night.  We shall see how it goes tonight.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Haven't really had a chance to sink my teeth into it.  I crashed, lost all my stuff and was stuck in que last night.  We shall see how it goes tonight.

Is it breaking the NDA to speak about a specific bug?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Fixed.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    Haven't really had a chance to sink my teeth into it.  I crashed, lost all my stuff and was stuck in que last night.  We shall see how it goes tonight.

I doubt it, considering AV already posted that the bank bug is the reason beta was delayed. 

IMHO, the biggest surprise for me is how much better an impression this game gives with a better designed GUI.     

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by Greymoor

I doubt it, considering AV already posted that the bank bug is the reason beta was delayed. 

IMHO, the biggest surprise for me is how much better an impression this game gives with a better designed GUI.     

Darkfall: Unholy Wars - Well, the menus look nice

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

We'll have to wait and see if the new-found love for customer support/appreciation is a new leaf for AV or if they're just trying to make a good impression on Steam's greenlight and not end up like WarZ.

That being said, aside from the big bug affecting everyone right now, I'm impressed with everything.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I'm impressed and glad Adventurine are posting regular updates on situations and release several patches a day.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Glad to see some more positive posts, hope the drop the NDA soon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I have been on this rant before and today I feel like ranting it up again.

Updates: couldnt care less

Communication: care less then updates.

I want to just log in, and play in an amazing world. I dont care if that does or does not require updates and I dont care if I am told about how amazing it will be later, I look at games in the market and decide what to log into that evening based on what I can play NOW.

rant over.

Oh...and a good glass of wine with tip in a bar = 1 month MMO fee

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I have been on this rant before and today I feel like ranting it up again.

Updates: couldnt care less

Communication: care less then updates.

I want to just log in, and play in an amazing world. I dont care if that does or does not require updates and I dont care if I am told about how amazing it will be later, I look at games in the market and decide what to log into that evening based on what I can play NOW.

rant over.

Oh...and a good glass of wine with tip in a bar = 1 month MMO fee

You are not missing much atm.   The persistence (bank) bug or what ever you want to call it makes the game almost unplayable, and if you are one of the unlucky ones, then you will be stuck in the starter zone. 

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    They have been doing good on the communication lately.  Much better than a year ago.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by -Zeno-
    They have been doing good on the communication lately.  Much better than a year ago.

Completely agree ..... almost a night and day change with Tasos.  I saw him answering individual posts in the beta forum the other night.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    I am very impressed with the game so far.  I am impressed with AV taking advice from the customers and offering more updates, and I am impressed at how much has changed so far.